:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Patterns That Make You Go Hmmmmm
January 11, 2017
2:34 am
when bad things happen to good fabric
Hamcat
Meows: 85
Snarking Since:
July 11, 2015

Sewing Machine Tattoo meowed

poster child for the 7 deadly sins meowed

dystopian sewing novel meowed
For anyone else who went over to read Diary of a Sewing Fanatic's post, don't skip the comments — there's lots of empathy and nuance in there.

Thanks for the heads up. I am glad Simplicity have had the decency to apologise. Also glad to see Sew Crafty Chemist in the comments – if you're reading SCC I've missed your blog! I hope that you are too busy with happy life things to have time to blog, rather than anything else hugggg

She moved blogs! To Dressmaking Debacles. http://dressmakingdebacles.blogspot.com.au/

Thanks for the heads up – I didn't realise that SCC had a new blog either and I had really missed her. Phew, there are far too many SOMIs for me to lose one…..

January 12, 2017
4:11 am
poster child for the 7 deadly sins
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1065
Snarking Since:
April 23, 2015

Sewing Machine Tattoo meowed

poster child for the 7 deadly sins meowed

Thanks for the heads up. I am glad Simplicity have had the decency to apologise. Also glad to see Sew Crafty Chemist in the comments – if you're reading SCC I've missed your blog! I hope that you are too busy with happy life things to have time to blog, rather than anything else hugggg

She moved blogs! To Dressmaking Debacles. http://dressmakingdebacles.blogspot.com.au/

THANK YOU SMT! I didn't realise. I have tons of work to do today… how can I stop myself binge reading SCC?! Yay, I'm so glad she is still blogging. 

January 31, 2017
9:19 pm
So It Goes
Hamcat
Meows: 91
Snarking Since:
October 23, 2014

Tessuti has a new pattern, the Iris dress: http://www.tessuti-shop.com/collections/pattern-books/products/iris-dress-pattern

I'm not their target market but usually their patterns look respectable, but perhaps a bit simple. But this neckband… did they do that on purpose??? From the line drawing, it seems they intended it to look like that? uh

February 1, 2017
7:58 am
Fireside Touch
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 249
Snarking Since:
March 27, 2015

So It Goes meowed
Tessuti has a new pattern, the Iris dress: http://www.tessuti-shop.com/collections/pattern-books/products/iris-dress-pattern

I'm not their target market but usually their patterns look respectable, but perhaps a bit simple. But this neckband… did they do that on purpose??? From the line drawing, it seems they intended it to look like that? uh

It does look that way, doesn't it?
This is one of those things where if you're going to make a feature of it you need to _really_ make a feature of it or it just looks shoddy…

February 2, 2017
12:58 am
thornberry
Hamcat
Meows: 96
Snarking Since:
October 25, 2014

Fireside Touch meowed

So It Goes meowed

It does look that way, doesn't it?
This is one of those things where if you're going to make a feature of it you need to _really_ make a feature of it or it just looks shoddy…

From reading their blog post, it's deliberate.  I don't like it AT ALL.  I often sew Tessuti dresses but that puts me right off buying this pattern.  I did see a photo on instagram where someone had widened the neckband to 5cm finished width and made more of a feature of it – it looked pretty good like that.  But as it is?  No.

February 2, 2017
4:16 am
poster child for the 7 deadly sins
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1065
Snarking Since:
April 23, 2015

thornberry meowed

From reading their blog post, it's deliberate.  I don't like it AT ALL.  I often sew Tessuti dresses but that puts me right off buying this pattern.  I did see a photo on instagram where someone had widened the neckband to 5cm finished width and made more of a feature of it – it looked pretty good like that.  But as it is?  No.

Yeah, it either needs to be a stand up collar type thing, or a normal binding or facing. This looks like a big fail. A stand up collar in that woven would look lovely. As it is this looks like the first knit t-shirt I ever made. I still wear it…. to bed! 

February 9, 2017
6:54 am
Negative Ease
Hamcat
Meows: 65
Snarking Since:
September 18, 2014

Breaking my "I have an account, but still mostly lurk"- habit after this came up in my twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/sewmesomething/status/829596874420137984

That's a cowl neck, the description says.

February 9, 2017
8:49 am
Miss Teen Sewing Machine
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1478
Snarking Since:
July 8, 2014

Horrifying. I would be so tempted to sneak up behind her & pour a bag of ice down that funnel collar.

The grumpus formerly known as miaowington.
February 9, 2017
8:59 am
Zoxe
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2062
Snarking Since:
July 15, 2014

Miss Teen Sewing Machine meowed
Horrifying. I would be so tempted to sneak up behind her & pour a bag of ice down that funnel collar.

rofl

February 9, 2017
12:31 pm
haphazard housewife
Hamcat
Meows: 71
Snarking Since:
May 5, 2016

Something about that "cowl neck" top says "fictional-sci-fi-religious-garb" to me.  The fact that the sample is white and it's being modeled with a serious face don't help.  

February 9, 2017
12:58 pm
Spirits of elderflower
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 921
Snarking Since:
May 25, 2015

I was thinking some kind of virgin ET vagina giving birth…

February 9, 2017
2:33 pm
whatzzzup
Hamcat
Meows: 98
Snarking Since:
November 18, 2015

As soon as I saw that neckline I thought it was a mistake.

It still looks like a mistake that Tessuti will rake from unsuspecting sewers.

February 9, 2017
5:13 pm
ant
Hamcat
Meows: 187
Snarking Since:
October 7, 2014

That white funnel neck reminds me of the episode of Black Adder when the wealthy aunt/uncle come visit.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.