:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Barefoot Blonde
October 14, 2016
12:26 pm
gold elephant
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 321
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2012

somewhereinbk meowed
I havent read through all the previous comments – so sorry if this was mentioned before. But is this girl serious? I stopped following her blog a while back but still have her on my SnapChat. Today Im on my feed and the snap of her at the Doctor comes up.  Im sure the women (and men) dealing with a potential breast cancer diagnoses or scare, really appreciate the sensitivity of all of this through a DOGGY snapchat filter 2- Its breast cancer awareness month and she is acting like this is another outing in the park. Im sorry but this was just gross – maybe she is that naive and childish and clueless, handling this like a 10th grader and joking about. And Davids comment about removing it at home. There are women not as lucky to be joking about something like this and dying. And she has had this for months ? This could have been a great opportunity for her to talk about the seriousness of how you shouldnt just think something is not a problem and going to get checked right away and really do a public service to her younger readers. These two are some insensitive twats. 

Completely agreethumbsup

David and Amber are disgusting. 

October 14, 2016
1:11 pm
I thought you said rum
Hamcat
Meows: 86
Snarking Since:
July 24, 2015

somewhereinbk meowed
I havent read through all the previous comments – so sorry if this was mentioned before. But is this girl serious? I stopped following her blog a while back but still have her on my SnapChat. Today Im on my feed and the snap of her at the Doctor comes up.  Im sure the women (and men) dealing with a potential breast cancer diagnoses or scare, really appreciate the sensitivity of all of this through a DOGGY snapchat filter 2- Its breast cancer awareness month and she is acting like this is another outing in the park. Im sorry but this was just gross – maybe she is that naive and childish and clueless, handling this like a 10th grader and joking about. And Davids comment about removing it at home. There are women not as lucky to be joking about something like this and dying. And she has had this for months ? This could have been a great opportunity for her to talk about the seriousness of how you shouldnt just think something is not a problem and going to get checked right away and really do a public service to her younger readers. These two are some insensitive twats. 

THANK YOU.  I could not agree more 

Last March I found a small lump on the right side of my abdomen and went to the doctor within a week of finding it. I only told my husband and was freaking out and thinking worse case scenario. Fortunately for me, it was nothing to be worried about and I had it surgically removed. But I have never been more scared in my life. Once I knew I was having surgery I only told my parents. I could not imagine snap chatting the whole thing and being so nonchalant about the scare.

Now, I am jealous that Amber can be so care-free about something like that, and I know I am an over-thinker, but anytime you discover something odd (especially if in your breast) I feel it should be treated more seriously… not with such a flippant attitude (or at least keep the flippant attitude to yourself instead of broadcasting). I agree that such an attitude is inconsiderate to people suffering through such scares and instills the wrong example in young readers.  

October 14, 2016
1:22 pm
driving consumerism
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 335
Snarking Since:
August 8, 2016

I thought you said rum meowed

somewhereinbk meowed

THANK YOU.  I could not agree more 

Last March I found a small lump on the right side of my abdomen and went to the doctor within a week of finding it. I only told my husband and was freaking out and thinking worse case scenario. Fortunately for me, it was nothing to be worried about and I had it surgically removed. But I have never been more scared in my life. Once I knew I was having surgery I only told my parents. I could not imagine snap chatting the whole thing and being so nonchalant about the scare.

Now, I am jealous that Amber can be so care-free about something like that, and I know I am an over-thinker, but anytime you discover something odd (especially if in your breast) I feel it should be treated more seriously… not with such a flippant attitude (or at least keep the flippant attitude to yourself instead of broadcasting). I agree that such an attitude is inconsiderate to people suffering through such scares and instills the wrong example in young readers.  

your reaction is completely normal – it's what any sane person would do and another reader above posted something similar where only her close friends and family knew about her situation. glad you both are ok!

@somewhereinbk is kinda what i was trying to get at yesterday, but put it out there instead of dancing around it like i did. i completely agree with you! i just don't get the broadcasting, dog filter, D3's comments. maybe they are trying to make light of a heavy situation, but that's rude to other's who don't want to laugh about what they are going through. and i still think something is off with this. like glad they don't think it's breast cancer, but i still can't help but think there is going to be a #spon about breast cancer awareness and "her scare" by the end of this month; hence D3 being there so you know, he can get shots of her at the dr's etc. f**k i feel like a really bad person for saying this, but they have zero integrity, self control or discretion in their lives so this is what comes to my mind now. i would literally be shocked if a sincere, legit post stressing the importance of early and self screenings came out about this. 

like i said, glad she's ok or will hopefully be ok, but something seriously feels off about this and now i feel like a cynical asshole doubting someone's medical issues. happy friday

October 14, 2016
1:29 pm
Patsy Stone
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 826
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2015

Nunya meowed

Mr. McGibblets meowed
This may be hijacked but in regards to David's comment on saving $ for the copay and doing it himself. Do these 'unemployed' bloggers get health insurance through the marketplace? Or I guess just have their own self-employed health insurance? It's just hard for me to believe they pay for something themselves that isn't given to them. Other bloggers like Rachel Parcell, Emily Ann, etc. can get it through their spouses but what about amber and taza? 

GREAT question!!! I'm interested to know this too

So even gainfully employed millionaires can and do buy coverage direct via the Marketplace. My former firm offered incredible coverage in 2014 then blindsided employees with some HDHP nonsense in 2015 and many employees found better options directly through their State's Marketplace. This actually benefits the Program because high income members pay full price (and price gauged) premium rates which offsets the subsidized coverage requirements for lower income members.
Anyway, if the Clarks can afford a $3K/month apartment and tuck away enough for Barbie's AZ Dream Home, they should be able to cough up an estimated $1K/month for family coverage, especially when it sounds like they got a low premium plan with High Deductible/High Co-Pay.
My new employer offers great coverage so I am covered with that. Otherwise my premium rate for 2016 would have been a 30% increase. So if the Clarks hid income in their insurance application in order to receive subsidy, then they suck because that would be an example of why premium rates unfairly went up for people who "can afford it."

October 14, 2016
2:07 pm
F**kingZorro
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 446
Snarking Since:
June 23, 2014

somewhereinbk meowed

We already knew that Amber was ridiculous, thirsty, and vapid. After that snap, we learned she's also an insensitive teenage girl in a gaunt, botoxed woman's body. What a profoundly immature and disgusting snap. 

October 14, 2016
2:44 pm
Strangled by a Blanket Scarf
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 6310
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

F**kingZorro meowed

somewhereinbk meowed

We already knew that Amber was ridiculous, thirsty, and vapid. After that snap, we learned she's also an insensitive teenage girl in a gaunt, botoxed woman's body. What a profoundly immature and disgusting snap. 

I agree one million percent. This woman REALLY needs to GOMI. Maybe her immature and insensitive doggy filtered snapchats in a paper gown and D3 talking about saving money by cutting out the lump himself should make it to the front page. What do you think Alice?

October 14, 2016
5:40 pm
Alice
Hi Im Alice And Ill Be Your GOMI Admin Today
Meows: 14854
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008
October 14, 2016
5:47 pm
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015
October 14, 2016
6:29 pm
Derp on a Pony
Kitten
Meows: 5
Snarking Since:
October 4, 2016

you could spend your (children's) hard earned money to buy 80s necklaces and new clothes and more Botox or you could hire a sitter when you want moral support from your husband while getting a lump checked. idontknow

October 14, 2016
11:31 pm
Sad crab
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 414
Snarking Since:
June 19, 2013

On phone, can't quote, but their rent is closer to 7k than 3. (I live nearby and recognized the view from all of her gratuitous "I love our view" snaps.)

Also, thanks for the front page, PP. angry

October 15, 2016
2:33 am
Wolf Nugget
Hamcat
Meows: 56
Snarking Since:
July 31, 2016

Alice meowed

Barefoot Blonde Has Like, A Lump, But Like, She’s Getting It Checked, And Like

In the last snap picture on PP incredibly witty post, doesn't amber mean "i have to get it tested to be 100%sure its fine" instead of "i have to get it tested to get 100% answers" ???? Much like smart he he he. Gaaahhh!

October 15, 2016
10:59 pm
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

Rosie's expression is everything in this photo!!! https://instagram.com/p/BLlYDzCBTIt/ And what the hell is on her head???

October 16, 2016
5:03 am
Just an Unicorn
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 476
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2015

Strangled by a Blanket Scarf meowed
Rosie's expression is everything in this photo!!! https://instagram.com/p/BLlYDzCBTIt/ And what the hell is on her head???

Amber looks like a 'hip 42 year old' mom in this pic uh

sani_unicorn sani_unicorn sani_unicorn

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.