:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Capitol Hill Style
February 17, 2017
11:16 am
Normans Nest
Cat
Meows: 29
Snarking Since:
June 14, 2016

a married, single-parent meowed

Swim Cheese meowed

From today's blog:

What I’m Consumed By. All I can think about is the bar exam.  My assessments are not improving, and it’s scary because my MBE skills were barely passable to start with.  Right now, I’m trying to decide whether it’s better to risk a likely failure, or simply take a pause until the July exam.  So it’s 2:00 AM on a Thursday, and I’m not asleep.

I can't even. I get that everyone gets a little crazy this close to the bar exam, but SERIOUSLY. Just take the damn test! You won't know if you fail if you don't even try. Put on your big girl pants and do it, don't waste another five frickin' months. 

And just lolz at how poorly bar studying is going for her after all her bragging about what a superstar she was in law school.

I came here to post this.  Yes, the bar is intended to make you feel crazy and yes everyone feels like they are going to fail / failed, but I don't know anyone that studied for a bar and then decided not to take it.  Literally, what do you have to lose?  Just take the damn test.  And, having been a lawyer for 8 years, I can tell you that if you can't handle the stress of the bar exam, how are you going to handle the stress of a huge case load / demanding partners / demanding clients / tight, court or client imposed deadlines, etc?   A person who is too stressed to simply show up for the test may want to rethink becoming a lawyer. 

This and why would you tell people this? I have no sympathy for her, because she's always acted like she's smarter than everyone in the room. Now she just looks like the big flake we've all assumed she is. Get your act together and stop dispensing "advice" to your readers.

February 17, 2017
12:48 pm
brinx
Hamcat
Meows: 152
Snarking Since:
December 7, 2013

It's almost sad watching her professional life crumble. It wasn't too long ago she was some ambitious small town girl ready to take on politics in DC with a decent side hustle blog and now she's too chicken shit to take the bar exam and the blog lacks any credibility because she hasn't had a job or been in an professional environment in years. I mean, something had to have happened to start this downward spiral, right? Or is she just hoping her tinder bf puts a ring on it and she can be a stay at home wifey?

February 17, 2017
12:57 pm
Rick Dean and The Super Flash
Hamcat
Meows: 170
Snarking Since:
April 4, 2014

After all the smug comments about how she was acing (third tier) law school, I'm getting so much schadenfreude from this.  I'm an attorney and the bar is a b***h, but so is she and i have zero sympathy.  

February 17, 2017
1:08 pm
waffletwat
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 732
Snarking Since:
September 12, 2014

Remember her "helping her friend" prep for the July bar?

So many lolz. popcorn

February 17, 2017
1:44 pm
Your Tampa is Showing
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1535
Snarking Since:
June 30, 2012

Rick Dean and The Super Flash meowed
After all the smug comments about how she was acing (third tier) law school, I'm getting so much schadenfreude from this.  I'm an attorney and the bar is a b***h, but so is she and i have zero sympathy.  

This.  And what bar is she taking?  WA?  MT?  I have never, ever heard those described as difficult.  Talk to me when you take NY or CA…

I realize she sounds more worried about the MBE, but study programs (like Barbri) are designed to help you pass.  For most people, it's just a matter of doing the study program and the requisite number of questions.

Formerly Douche Chill, Funeral Fashion Show and The Price of Fame I Suppose
February 17, 2017
2:47 pm
pea cocking
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 559
Snarking Since:
August 28, 2014

Rick Dean and The Super Flash meowed

Lmao YES me too! This is so great. I would also like to state for the record that I called this 4 months ago:

http://gomiblog.com/forums/fashion-bloggers/capitol-hill-style-1/page-46/

She's such a joke at this point. I'd feel sorry for her if she weren't such an awful human being.

February 23, 2017
10:23 pm
Terminal Snowflake Snydrome
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 275
Snarking Since:
July 31, 2012

So, a mini update from Belle about the bar — she still seems to be laying the groundwork for a fail, but I've never taken the bar so I have no idea how to interpret her comments. It's clear studying for this thing really messed with her head.

How long does it take to get the results? Hopefully she has something to keep her mind off things…

February 24, 2017
7:08 am
some of you have asked
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 451
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2016

Terminal Snowflake Snydrome meowed
So, a mini update from Belle about the bar — she still seems to be laying the groundwork for a fail, but I've never taken the bar so I have no idea how to interpret her comments. It's clear studying for this thing really messed with her head.

How long does it take to get the results? Hopefully she has something to keep her mind off things…

typically a few months.  My July results came out in early October.  IMHO if you don't come out of the test at least a little worried, you're delusional.  But if Abra followed the Barbri study schedule and was unpleasantly surprised by a portion of the exam, guess what, zillions of other applicants are feeling the exact same way.  Most people spend a day or two "detoxing" from the stress and then try to block it out for the rest of the wait.  She'll probably be whining about the stress, how it's caused her to get yet ANOTHER cold, so of course she couldn't possibly find affiliate links to post for the next month!

I was also cracking up that of COURSE it wouldn't be *gasp* *allIdoiswin* Abra's fault if she fails.  No no, it would be the unexpected questions' fault.  So professional.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.