:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Cupcakes and Cashmere
January 11, 2017
5:26 pm
Rachet Parcell
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 650
Snarking Since:
March 6, 2013

B***h Brisket meowed

Rachet Parcell meowed

When has C&C ever used a grading system like that? And I agree that her grades are meaningless.

Maybe she copied the grading scale from this blogger, who gave C&C's clothing line a scathing grade of straight B's and C's: http://www.beautyvbrains.com/2015/07/cupcakes-and-cashmere-clothing-line-review-and-photos.html

I follow this blogger on Instagram. Hilarious that I never found this blog post

I found her through GOMI! Someone linked her blog post about how Annie from Stylish Petite used Licktoknowit on a 9/11 anniversary post and Brittney (this blogger) went off on Annie.

January 11, 2017
5:45 pm
B***h Brisket
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1494
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

Rachet Parcell meowed

B***h Brisket meowed

Rachet Parcell meowed

When has C&C ever used a grading system like that? And I agree that her grades are meaningless.

Maybe she copied the grading scale from this blogger, who gave C&C's clothing line a scathing grade of straight B's and C's: http://www.beautyvbrains.com/2015/07/cupcakes-and-cashmere-clothing-line-review-and-photos.html

I follow this blogger on Instagram. Hilarious that I never found this blog post

I found her through GOMI! Someone linked her blog post about how Annie from Stylish Petite used Licktoknowit on a 9/11 anniversary post and Brittney (this blogger) went off on Annie.

Just googled it and saw Brittany's blog post

January 12, 2017
1:18 am
elease4
Kitten
Meows: 1
Snarking Since:
January 12, 2017

Long time lurker, first time commenter here regarding today's insta story on shopcupcakesandcashmere.

All I could think about was Alina's "career week" post a couple months back where she talked about how she would prefer someone be weirdly serious instead of inappropriately talkative. For the record, I LOVED that post and agreed whole-heartedly with what Alina was saying about how interns (and employees in general) should act/work/carry themselves. I know most ppl thought she seemed cruel in that post. Whatevs. I work in a very different industry (one that is male-dominated) so maybe this is just me but that post really resonated with me.

Ummm..what in the ACTUAL F*** was that today then with their new "twinterns"?!?! I could physically feel myself rolling my eyes it was so unprofessional, and most of all, ANNOYING. That's fine if you want to act cute and giggle 24/7 in the office, but COME ON ALINA make up your mind. Which is it. Do you foster a "professional" environment or not?? Is it really just a "twirl in the fashion closet." (her words)

It also just made me sad b/c I truly loved what alina had to say in the original intern post – and this contradicted all of that for me. I understand that these new interns are probably great at what they do and we're most likely hired bc they were the most capable but more and more it seems all these chicks and GEEE do is GOOF OFF all day. Ugh. Okrantover

January 12, 2017
8:16 am
#heebieGEEbies
Cat
Meows: 24
Snarking Since:
August 4, 2015

I checked out the @shopcupcakesandcashmere IG, and I was surprised at how much better her clothes look on other people, when styled appropriately and given some movement.  Especially that off the shoulder dress that someone adjusted to make look like a cowl-neck dress.  It looked 1000x better on that chick than it did on Cuppy, who just stood stiffly with arms straight at her sides with no styling whatsoever (except that half up messy ponytail…thing). 

If it were me, I would actually take some pointers from the people doing it right and adjust my own stances/facial expressions/styling tips. 

There's only been two pictures of Cuppy that I actually loved- one was when she was wearing the beanie holding Sloane (with a bright red lip), and the other was when she was in France.  She looked relaxed and natural in those pictures, and I was drawn to them more.  

January 12, 2017
3:53 pm
wellthatsembarrassing
Cat
Meows: 16
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2016

Every time I read one of Leslie's posts, I find myself wishing she had her own blog. Compared to the other two, she has so much substance to offer. While working for C&C is probably an amazing stepping stone in her career and provides a ready-made platform for her content, she's clearly the strongest writer and I'd love to see what she could do on her own. Obviously that isn't a viable way to make a living from the get go, but I'd definitely read any blog she started on the side. Leslie, if you read here, keep up the great work- you're the reason I still read C&C.

January 12, 2017
4:02 pm
PropBaby
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 455
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2016

Why is she sitting in every picture of the sweater dress? It must be hugely unflattering because we can't see what it actually looks like on an upright person.
Such alluring poses, cups.

January 12, 2017
4:50 pm
Seriously13
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 271
Snarking Since:
August 16, 2015

I missed the Instastories about the "twinterns," can someone fill me in?  I did see Alina post a picture of them and refer to them as their "darling" twinterns.  Seriously, WTF?  How can you pretend to be a professional workplace and refer to your interns like they are porcelain dolls you collect?

January 12, 2017
6:09 pm
Nicky192
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1159
Snarking Since:
December 28, 2012

two under two meowed
Why is she sitting in every picture of the sweater dress? It must be hugely unflattering because we can't see what it actually looks like on an upright person.
Such alluring poses, cups.

YES! it's impossible to see the ugly dress.

January 12, 2017
6:15 pm
girlhulk
Hamcat
Meows: 65
Snarking Since:
September 19, 2016

Everytime it comes up on the blog I keep wondering who are "Style Breakdowns" meant for. Firstly, and that's my personal opinion and I don't mean to offend anybody, but the random ladies she picks – they don't do "style", they do "trends". To me style is a consistent signature look – like Duchess Kate Royal Chic or Kristen Stewart's Tomboy. Secondly, Emily herself does not dress like that and neither are her fans. To be honest I would take her generic wardrobe with all her mishaps any day over any of her overdressed subjects. But still she is simply not in their league and her attempts at trying to sound like a respectable fashion expert are, frankly, embarassing.   

January 12, 2017
6:21 pm
Im playing hooky
Hamcat
Meows: 51
Snarking Since:
November 1, 2016

She needs to ditch that awful filter that was used on all the C & C merch photos. It makes her look sallow. Also, how many more of the promo posts can there be? They're monotonous.

January 12, 2017
6:47 pm
Lotskies
Cat
Meows: 20
Snarking Since:
September 15, 2016

Well she finally managed to do another shout-out to her bestie Mandy on Insta! They've been friends for over six years don't ya know?! drooldrool

January 12, 2017
8:10 pm
bourgeois mediocrity
Hamcat
Meows: 50
Snarking Since:
February 13, 2013

lolz for me this morning!

Received my Man Repeller newsletter; first article is 'Internships are Overrated'.

Flip over to Instagram and see that Cuppy got a two for one deal! 

January 13, 2017
4:36 am
girlhulk
Hamcat
Meows: 65
Snarking Since:
September 19, 2016

Five Things: I don't wish to be mean, but, honetsly, the box her mom made with a Sloane portrait on it creeped me out at first glance. Looks like a horror movie prop.

On a brighter note I thought she looked truly lovely in her latest insta picture (in Zara coat, with an umbrella). Sadly, these positive occurences seem to happen almost by accident these days.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.