:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Gal Meets Glam
January 11, 2017
2:13 pm
anothergirlanotherblog
Cat
Meows: 27
Snarking Since:
September 28, 2016

driving consumerism meowed

Strangled by a Blanket Scarf meowed
^^^ I certainly don't want Julia to read here, get paranoid about her wrinkles and cave into Botox. Stay natural Julia.

yea – agreed. i'm 30 and when i smile, i get crinkles around my eyes…i don't think julia looks 40. yeesh

Agreed x 100 – Julia is definitely a SOMI. If you want something to legitimately complain about, go visit the equally sucky emilys – sweetest thing and cupcakes and cashmere. chair

January 11, 2017
4:04 pm
Green Juice Diet
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 285
Snarking Since:
January 26, 2015

registered user meowed

Hardly Working meowed

DGAF meowed

Hardly Working meowed
So, hams: any feedback on Julia's latest Paris post?  We're going in March and I'm not sure how much to trust her recommendations. 

Also, did anyone else notice that her headline still says A San Francisco based style and beauty blog? drool

It's decent but vague, and very pricey, IMO. Avoid Cafe de Flore and Brasserie Lipp unless you want to spend a ton of money- they're historic and have been especially popular with US tourists since Midnight in Paris, but they're obscenely priced and constantly packed. I do like Le Bonaparte, which is also in that area. Hotel Costes is great but expensive. Carette and Cafe Kitsune are very trendy and pretty- the type of place bloggers cream their pants over. Both have good food, but not quite worth the hype. Candelaria is great- agree with her there. One of my personal favorites is Auberge Saint Roch in the Louvre area- very cozy, traditionally delicious French bistro where the menu is still presented on a chalkboard. I also love Lockwood if you're looking to go "out" -it's an expat bar, so it's easy to find English speakers to chat with (much harder in a French bar if you don't know the language, obviously!)

In terms of things to do, definitely echo her rec of Musee D'Orsay, Tuileries, drinking along the Seine and (window)shopping in Le Marais! I don't shop much while I'm in Paris because it tends to be so expensive, but I also LOVE going into their Zaras because the inventory is totally different (and way cooler) than in the US. I'd also recommend Les Invalides and the associated military museum, it's absolutely fantastic and not as crowded as most sites. Definitely visit Sainte-Chapelle (beautiful and small, go first thing in the morning so you don't waste hours in line) and my favorite, the Paris Catacombs. Google it, you won't be sorry :)

TL,DR, I'm glad she didn't spend the  whole trip at Laduree and Chanel like most bloggers, but much of her list is better with an unlimited budget. 

hugggg You're the best! 

I would also consider the Latin Quarter, the area around the Sorbonne, and the Panthéon.
The Left Bank has a different perspective of Paris with affordable places to eat and shop.
Oh, almost forgot to include Notre Dame. It is worth it to take the steps up to the top of the tower…you get an unbelievable view of Paris.

The Dali Museum in Montmartre is a hidden gem. Go, go, go!

January 11, 2017
4:04 pm
Ham Cannon
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 602
Snarking Since:
April 5, 2013

anothergirlanotherblog meowed

^^^ I certainly don't want Julia to read here, get paranoid about her wrinkles and cave into Botox. Stay natural Julia.

yea – agreed. i'm 30 and when i smile, i get crinkles around my eyes…i don't think julia looks 40. yeesh

Agreed x 100 – Julia is definitely a SOMI. If you want something to legitimately complain about, go visit the equally sucky emilys – sweetest thing and cupcakes and cashmere. chair

And the worst Emily of all, the Ivory Lane.

January 11, 2017
4:25 pm
Likes Cheese
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1356
Snarking Since:
November 23, 2014

Hey hams… loving all the things to do in Paris!  Any baby-friendly recommendations to do there?

January 11, 2017
5:15 pm
Strangled by a Blanket Scarf
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 6236
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

Ham Cannon meowed

And frozen face Amber, who despite all her fillers and Botox still has those vertical eye wrinkles.

January 11, 2017
5:22 pm
Rachet Parcell
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 618
Snarking Since:
March 6, 2013

Ham Cannon meowed

And frozen face Amber, who despite all her fillers and Botox still has those vertical eye wrinkles.

Julia is a lot better than those other bloggers by comparison, I agree, but it's like saying that one rotten sandwich is slightly less shitty than the others. I still despair that she left behind her affordable roots to turn into Great-grandma Juju.

And her life feels more fake and contrived than all the other bloggers except for maybe Amber and C&C. At least the Skalla girls are unabashedly their annoying selves on snapchat. Everything in Julia's life feels staged to match what her current persona will be (Charleston socialite, Parisian lady, New England prep, California cool girl).

January 11, 2017
6:12 pm
Barefoot Bleached Blonde
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 432
Snarking Since:
December 7, 2015

Julia posted on Twitter how she can't contain her excitement for the new Beauty and The Beast movie. Of course you can't Julia, you think you look like Emma Watson. drool

I've never really noticed but I totally see it now that you mention it. She does look a little bit like Emma Watson. She also looks like someone else but I just can't figure out who.

January 11, 2017
6:17 pm
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

Barefoot Bleached Blonde meowed

Julia posted on Twitter how she can't contain her excitement for the new Beauty and The Beast movie. Of course you can't Julia, you think you look like Emma Watson. drool

I've never really noticed but I totally see it now that you mention it. She does look a little bit like Emma Watson. She also looks like someone else but I just can't figure out who.

I think she also looks a bit like Katie from Vanderpump Rules.

January 11, 2017
6:23 pm
Barefoot Bleached Blonde
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 432
Snarking Since:
December 7, 2015

Yeah, I can see that too. That's not who I was thinking of though. It's going to bug me until I figure it.

January 11, 2017
8:27 pm
meowmaster
Cat
Meows: 34
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2016

Yeah, I can see that too. That's not who I was thinking of though. It's going to bug me until I figure it.

I have always thought she resembles Rachel Bilson..

January 11, 2017
9:33 pm
chasnative
Cat
Meows: 29
Snarking Since:
April 4, 2013

She reminds me of Lauren Scruggs, the model who walked into the airplane propeller. But I kind of think it's because Julia always has her hair in her face

January 11, 2017
9:47 pm
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

Recent tweet from Juju…

"Working on ideas for Youtube videos this year! What are some things you guys would want to see? xx"

Umm didn't she say the same thing last year AND the year before and then never posted anything that the fans wanted to see?! Why ask Julia when you don't actually plan on doing it??

January 12, 2017
7:22 am
DGAF
Hamcat
Meows: 112
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

Likes Cheese meowed
Hey hams… loving all the things to do in Paris!  Any baby-friendly recommendations to do there?

Infant or more toddler-stage? I loved the Cite des Sciences when I was little, they have an amazing children's section. The parks are also great, especially the Jardin du Luxembourg- you can rent boats to push, and there are always school kids running around so it's got a very kid-friendly vibe. The Bateaux Mouches cruises are also really fun for little ones! Don't have any specific restaurant recommendations, but my parents were packing me along to France from the time I was a few months old and I think they just brought me to the places they'd normally go. In general the French are less into "family friendly" atmospheres…they just take their kids to normal places and make sure they behave. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMI's Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMI. GOMI makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.