:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Jessica Quirk / What I Wore
January 10, 2017
3:35 am
Delusion Tonic
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1179
Snarking Since:
September 8, 2014

Btw, did she ever announce The Girl Baby's name?  Anyone want to make any guesses?  (Let's hope it's not something as equally bad as 'Felix.')

All I ever see–

January 10, 2017
3:55 am
a married, single-parent
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1045
Snarking Since:
October 27, 2011

My vote is Phoebe or Penelope.

January 10, 2017
4:26 am
Delusion Tonic
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1179
Snarking Since:
September 8, 2014

I think it might be a family name (at least part of it), and then something pioneer-ish or hippie flower-child. Or maybe just elaborate/weird–so that her princess is sure to stand out. (…Maybe even 'Hillary' given how obsessed Messi's been with the election.facepalm)

Little House on the Prairie names:

Save

Save

January 10, 2017
6:32 am
derp twerk
MEOWGOD
Meows: 13108
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

That post of hers is the funniest thing I've read in a while party0006.  The poor privileged lady throws a smug, entitled tantrum because her second baby is ONE DAY LATE lol.  I guess it's two days now, depending when she wrote the post.

Does she not realize that her problem is she quit "work" a month ago to sit and wait for this kid to arrive?  She eliminated her sources of stress to the point that she has nothing to do that would take her mind off of the waiting.  I know you can't forget you're 9 months pregnant, but she is the most obsessed person I've ever encountered.  

But it's not her fault.  It's the doctors, who give you a due date instead of a due month (because whatever, weeks of a baby's development aren't important).  It's the books, too, because they don't cover the topic of waiting on your couch for a baby that is one day late (actually I'll bet being on bed rest is a well covered topic in some baby books, just not the ones she has read, and she probably hasn't read those parts anyway because she isn't on bed rest).  It's the people who ask you when the baby's coming.  How do women ever get through this terrible trial of waiting for the healthy, privileged baby to come out?  

"These last few weeks are rough. Not just because your body is doing the important work of preparing to give birth, easily one of the most monumental physical occasions in a woman’s life, but because the mental and emotional strain is huge.

This precious time is often overlooked by baby books or doctors. We’re more prepared to have our hospital bags ready early, than to stick around patiently in the last days before our dear babies arrive. I’ve been googling each and every twinge, burp, headache, backache and trip to the bathroom for the past five weeks. Yes, Baby Center, I know contractors and breaking your water means you’re in labor. But what about insane crying jags. Does that mean one more day or one more week? Very thirsty? Could that be a sign of labor? Super tired? Craving egg salad sandwiches with sprouts? 

It. is. exhausting. "

The contractors are probably tired too.

She spends this "precious time" rage-tweeting at Donald Trump every day and doesn't know why she's not feeling at peace right now.  

January 10, 2017
7:08 am
derp twerk
MEOWGOD
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

I think it's particularly annoying to her that she's imported her in-laws for the big occasion and they're wasting their money on a hotel suite and the baby isn't here yet.  They could be living in the hotel suite for another week or so, if the baby is really late.  And don't they live just a few hours away?  They could have waited until the baby was born to show up.  Jessica and Adam probably have someone they could call on short notice to watch squirk 1.0 until the in-laws got there, if they have to rush to the hospital. 

Meanwhile, Jessica sounds so resentful in her blog post.  I have a feeling this baby is going to put her out once she arrives, too, if she doesn't get with the program and follow directions.  

January 10, 2017
9:22 am
nofashionsense
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 474
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2016

I totally agree about the post sounding resentful. Oh, such a hard life to sit around, not have to work or lift a finger – and just wait for this baby to come. I had no idea she had posted a new post to her blog – and the entire thing sounds like she's b***hing about being pregnant and how all these quirks of being over your due date are a pain in the ass for her (complaining). To be honest, this is her choice (having a child) as well as she is waiting on a VBAC. So stop b***hing about worrying over every little hiccup and crying spell. If you want it out – don't wait for the VBAC. The entire post made me want to say, "If you're b***hing about this – go in and get induced already. If not, then shut the hell up and wait." I didn't even get the sense of worry from her post – more like, this baby is just cramping her style and it should be over by now.

If she's got that much time to obsess about every little thing – she's not busy enough (not to mention having the time to go and get a total bleach job to her hair). Most working mom's with a kid already and a kid on the way would be thankful for the, what – umpteenth months she's had off to just sit around on her ass and wait for this child to be born? Are you kidding me? So worried but sitting on her ass tweeting @ Trump and The Bachelor. So stressful. She's going to have a f**king meltdown once she has to take care of these kids and the little princess steals all the attention from her HOT MAMA egotistical glory.

January 10, 2017
9:59 am
Colorblocked Moonshiner
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 6908
Snarking Since:
September 27, 2011

GAWD. she needs to check herself before she ends up craying out like MODG, she wanted an all natural vbac too and look how that turned out.  sfun_blahblah

January 10, 2017
10:30 am
AnnPerkins
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 985
Snarking Since:
May 26, 2014

This is totally MY bias, but I ending up choosing an induction (which I really didn't want) at 41+5 because a non-stress test suggested that my baby wasn't doing too well in utero any longer, plus my blood pressure was pre-hypertensive. I managed to enjoy my pregnancy up until about 39+4, at which point some crampy back labor made me hopeful that I'd have a baby soon, and then I waited another 2 weeks just to get induced. 

It drives me NUTS to see pregnant women waiting for that magical "due date" and then getting upset when the baby doesn't arrive before or on that day. Messi herself says "they should give women due months" which says to me that SHE should've been responsible for ignoring that "date". Even though those last 2 weeks drove me batty with waiting/anticipation/hope/nerves, I had said all along that my baby would be late. No one is responsible for her crazies other than her. 

Also, "natural VBAC" I hope nothing more than her having to get the drugs, and/or the C because I'm so f**king tired of her getting what she wants and then smugging around with it. 

January 10, 2017
10:39 am
That Squirky
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 632
Snarking Since:
April 6, 2012

I actually had to "quit my job" early, because I was in a PhD program too far from my home to travel. So I took FMLA for the entire 10 weeks even though I was due in Week 8 (since my OB told me I couldn't drive 2 hours away after 36 weeks). I get why she was bored. But her job involves no travel. No lifting but a laptop. Nothing but dressing herself, doing Pinterest, making collages, and going to Old Navy. Hopefully she has been getting dressed (??), and she has likely been shopping for the past few weeks. Serves her right to have a late baby… Of course she's bored.

My vote would have been for Felicity if she didn't have a Felix. So, I'll gladly hop on the Beatrice train, though I could also see Stella or Clementine or Josie.

formerly known as purpleoreo
January 10, 2017
10:46 am
allthatjez
Hamcat
Meows: 180
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2014

"It’s hard to be content at 40 weeks pregnant."

You know what's hard?

Wanting to, and not being able to get pregnant. 

Women who have premature babies and the heartache they feel at being in the NICU. 

Difficult pregnancies that have put the life of woman and baby at risk for months. 

Being put on bed rest months before your due date. 

You insufferable twat.

//
//

January 10, 2017
11:13 am
PorkPlop
Cat
Meows: 22
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2012

UGH I just read her new post. This really gets under my skin because I am also pregnant and guess what? My due date was January 8th as well. And I'm also STILL pregnant. However, I'm still working and doing other things to take my mind off the fact that I'm giant, uncomfortable, and ready to meet this baby finally! I can't imagine how emotional I would be if all I did was sit around my house on the couch all day, every day. 

This is my first child and due to some other complications, I thought I would have him early. But nope… I'm shocked I went past my due date, but I am so thankful to have had a healthy pregnancy and have a healthy baby on the way. There was a point of time in my early days of this pregnancy where the doctors were worried I wouldn't be able to carry to term, so this feels like a huge accomplishment! thumbsup 

A couple of things I don't understand about Messi – 1. This is her second kid. Why/how is she so clueless when it comes to labor?? 

2. VBAC… if she is so miserable and her emotional state can't handle waiting around on this kid to decide to be born, schedule the damn c-section. I'm a FTM, so I know I'm speaking slightly out of turn here, but I have had multiple friends have their second baby via scheduled c-section and all of them have said it was the easiest experience ever. Yes, you end up recovering from a second c-section (although all of them said how much easier the second recovery was vs. the first as well…) but you know the exact date the baby will be born, don't have to ever actually go into labor, and walk right into the operating room and BAM, baby. It feels like Messi is trying to be an earthy goddess mama and be a hero with a "natural" VBAC. And shit like that just makes me want to punch something. mixed-smiley-030

3. His parents are already in town for the birth? They know it could be another week or more, right? And also, they live in Evansville, IN… which is about two hours from Bloomington. There really is no reason for them to be sitting around Bloomington for a week waiting on the birth of the Blessed Princess Quirk. My bet is Messi and Adumb asked them to come to town to help with Felix these last few days/weeks. Which is INSANE. others-221

January 10, 2017
11:50 am
Rage Tweets and Twitter Zingers from the couch
Hamcat
Meows: 194
Snarking Since:
April 10, 2015

allthatjez meowed

You know what's hard?

Women who have premature babies and the heartache they feel at being in the NICU. 

Difficult pregnancies that have put the life of woman and baby at risk for months. 

You insufferable twat.

//
//

sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2 

Also – my son was 2 weeks early, all on his own. Had he not been my first child, I probably wouldn't even have had my bag packed. 

Shit happens, deal with it and move the f**k on. She really IS an insufferable twat. God forbid she ever suffer and REAL struggle or heartache. She should be down on her knees daily thanking whatever deity she believes in that she found a man willing to put up with her never-ending bullshit. 

*formerly EdithBunker*
January 10, 2017
12:53 pm
derp twerk
MEOWGOD
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

allthatjez meowed

You know what's hard?

You insufferable twat.

//
//

Thisity this THIS.  She even implied infertility for a while, before she promptly forgot about that and committed herself to rubbing her pregnancy and first child in everyone's faces.  

How can she possibly write that garbage with a straight face, in all seriousness, knowing that so many women are trying not to have a premature baby or do have a premature baby or can't get pregnant or stay pregnant?  I understand that kind of ignorance coming from someone younger, but from a 34/35 year old grown woman it's kind of astounding.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.