:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Jessica Quirk / What I Wore
January 10, 2017
10:30 am
AnnPerkins
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1005
Snarking Since:
May 26, 2014

This is totally MY bias, but I ending up choosing an induction (which I really didn't want) at 41+5 because a non-stress test suggested that my baby wasn't doing too well in utero any longer, plus my blood pressure was pre-hypertensive. I managed to enjoy my pregnancy up until about 39+4, at which point some crampy back labor made me hopeful that I'd have a baby soon, and then I waited another 2 weeks just to get induced. 

It drives me NUTS to see pregnant women waiting for that magical "due date" and then getting upset when the baby doesn't arrive before or on that day. Messi herself says "they should give women due months" which says to me that SHE should've been responsible for ignoring that "date". Even though those last 2 weeks drove me batty with waiting/anticipation/hope/nerves, I had said all along that my baby would be late. No one is responsible for her crazies other than her. 

Also, "natural VBAC" I hope nothing more than her having to get the drugs, and/or the C because I'm so f**king tired of her getting what she wants and then smugging around with it. 

January 10, 2017
10:39 am
That Squirky
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 669
Snarking Since:
April 6, 2012

I actually had to "quit my job" early, because I was in a PhD program too far from my home to travel. So I took FMLA for the entire 10 weeks even though I was due in Week 8 (since my OB told me I couldn't drive 2 hours away after 36 weeks). I get why she was bored. But her job involves no travel. No lifting but a laptop. Nothing but dressing herself, doing Pinterest, making collages, and going to Old Navy. Hopefully she has been getting dressed (??), and she has likely been shopping for the past few weeks. Serves her right to have a late baby… Of course she's bored.

My vote would have been for Felicity if she didn't have a Felix. So, I'll gladly hop on the Beatrice train, though I could also see Stella or Clementine or Josie.

January 10, 2017
10:46 am
allthatjez
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 206
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2014

"It’s hard to be content at 40 weeks pregnant."

You know what's hard?

Wanting to, and not being able to get pregnant. 

Women who have premature babies and the heartache they feel at being in the NICU. 

Difficult pregnancies that have put the life of woman and baby at risk for months. 

Being put on bed rest months before your due date. 

You insufferable twat.

//
//

January 10, 2017
11:13 am
PorkPlop
Cat
Meows: 32
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2012

UGH I just read her new post. This really gets under my skin because I am also pregnant and guess what? My due date was January 8th as well. And I'm also STILL pregnant. However, I'm still working and doing other things to take my mind off the fact that I'm giant, uncomfortable, and ready to meet this baby finally! I can't imagine how emotional I would be if all I did was sit around my house on the couch all day, every day. 

This is my first child and due to some other complications, I thought I would have him early. But nope… I'm shocked I went past my due date, but I am so thankful to have had a healthy pregnancy and have a healthy baby on the way. There was a point of time in my early days of this pregnancy where the doctors were worried I wouldn't be able to carry to term, so this feels like a huge accomplishment! thumbsup 

A couple of things I don't understand about Messi – 1. This is her second kid. Why/how is she so clueless when it comes to labor?? 

2. VBAC… if she is so miserable and her emotional state can't handle waiting around on this kid to decide to be born, schedule the damn c-section. I'm a FTM, so I know I'm speaking slightly out of turn here, but I have had multiple friends have their second baby via scheduled c-section and all of them have said it was the easiest experience ever. Yes, you end up recovering from a second c-section (although all of them said how much easier the second recovery was vs. the first as well…) but you know the exact date the baby will be born, don't have to ever actually go into labor, and walk right into the operating room and BAM, baby. It feels like Messi is trying to be an earthy goddess mama and be a hero with a "natural" VBAC. And shit like that just makes me want to punch something. mixed-smiley-030

3. His parents are already in town for the birth? They know it could be another week or more, right? And also, they live in Evansville, IN… which is about two hours from Bloomington. There really is no reason for them to be sitting around Bloomington for a week waiting on the birth of the Blessed Princess Quirk. My bet is Messi and Adumb asked them to come to town to help with Felix these last few days/weeks. Which is INSANE. others-221

January 10, 2017
11:50 am
Stay-At-Home-Purse-Mom
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 270
Snarking Since:
April 10, 2015

allthatjez meowed

You know what's hard?

Women who have premature babies and the heartache they feel at being in the NICU. 

Difficult pregnancies that have put the life of woman and baby at risk for months. 

You insufferable twat.

//
//

sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2 

Also – my son was 2 weeks early, all on his own. Had he not been my first child, I probably wouldn't even have had my bag packed. 

Shit happens, deal with it and move the f**k on. She really IS an insufferable twat. God forbid she ever suffer and REAL struggle or heartache. She should be down on her knees daily thanking whatever deity she believes in that she found a man willing to put up with her never-ending bullshit. 

January 10, 2017
12:53 pm
that alien
Feles Imperatrix
Meows: 15847
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

allthatjez meowed

You know what's hard?

You insufferable twat.

//
//

Thisity this THIS.  She even implied infertility for a while, before she promptly forgot about that and committed herself to rubbing her pregnancy and first child in everyone's faces.  

How can she possibly write that garbage with a straight face, in all seriousness, knowing that so many women are trying not to have a premature baby or do have a premature baby or can't get pregnant or stay pregnant?  I understand that kind of ignorance coming from someone younger, but from a 34/35 year old grown woman it's kind of astounding.

January 10, 2017
1:00 pm
that alien
Feles Imperatrix
Meows: 15847
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

PorkPlop meowed 
3. His parents are already in town for the birth? They know it could be another week or more, right? And also, they live in Evansville, IN… which is about two hours from Bloomington. There really is no reason for them to be sitting around Bloomington for a week waiting on the birth of the Blessed Princess Quirk. My bet is Messi and Adumb asked them to come to town to help with Felix these last few days/weeks. Which is INSANE. others-221

This is still cracking me up.  Seriously, why?  How much help does a person need with a seemingly mild-mannered 2 year old during the weeks leading up to having the second kid, that they would have to import two extra adults to take care of him?  

She is probably using up everyone's good will way too early.  She's going to need that help after the baby is born, much more than now (IMO).  The grandparents will keep coming back for more because they want to see the grandkids, though, and Messi is taking advantage of that.

January 10, 2017
1:58 pm
just stahp
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 690
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2016

I don't understand why she writes that she was anticipating the day of her due date, because everyone knows that babies sit in the womb and wait for the exact day that rolls around when your doc thinks they'll be due? She's already had a baby – how is any of this shit news to her?

I know that sometimes a birth on the exact day happens – but the likelihood that she'd magically go into labor exactly on that day and it would be a natural VBAC on that exact day? Is she in this dream world romanticizing her labor or what?

The more I reread her post – the more rage I get. It's like she feels sh'es not getting enough attention with being over her due date – and she must publicly write a post to tell everyone what this is like, because no one but her has ever been 40+ weeks pregnant. -

I mean, so monumental guys, she's craving egg salad sandwiches and feeling CONTRACTORS when she's leaning over the salami counter at the market. I'm sure she's got to just struggle through these contractors while sitting on her ass rage-tweeting Trump. She should have added that into her post.

CRY TEARS FOR HER, EVERYONE.

UGH.

reaction

January 10, 2017
2:30 pm
Glen Coco
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 528
Snarking Since:
November 16, 2011

If I didn't love my username, I'd rebrand as Contractors Over Salami Counters.

January 10, 2017
3:29 pm
Digging Trenches
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 423
Snarking Since:
December 30, 2014

This post + her selfie with no pants on leads me to believe that she's doing absolutely nothing to fill her days. As other hams have said, she's shipped Felix off to the in-laws so she can sit bottomless on the couch and tweet at Trump while counting how many times she craves egg salad (??). The mention of "crying jags" is pretty telling also…something tells me things are pretty miserable in the Quirk household right now because Queen Woman Mommy isn't getting exactly what she wants. I agree, nofashionsense– she clearly feels she's not getting the attention she deserves. 

January 10, 2017
4:34 pm
controlled slide on my hog
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1790
Snarking Since:
March 12, 2014

Adam wants a real life version of this show with a that works at Blockbuster and plays Nintendo in his basement.

Batchelor? Really? 

19h19 hours ago 

I'd like an analysis of this situation from the woman with a masters (Ph.D.) from Johns Hopkins in psychology.

What's a masters (Ph.D.)? 

19h19 hours ago

You won but ur hair looks yuck.

Jessica telling someone else their hair looks yuck? That's rich…

January 10, 2017
10:58 pm
Cheeks
Hamcat
Meows: 50
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2016

It is her in-laws that are in a hotel. They were summoned to take Felix so she could rest. She needs to rest, guys. And yes, everyone speaking about her never having her soon to be two children alone….aint gonna happen. Stay tuned on squirk 2.0…….

January 11, 2017
8:28 am
Colorblocked Moonshiner
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7062
Snarking Since:
September 27, 2011

Cheeks meowed 
It is her in-laws that are in a hotel. They were summoned to take Felix so she could rest. She needs to rest, guys. And yes, everyone speaking about her never having her soon to be two children alone….aint gonna happen. Stay tuned on squirk 2.0…….

In general, I really do not understand how she has some sort of apparent spell/stranglehold over her family and his, that allows her to act like total garbage but they still dote on her. Are squirk and 2.0 the only grandchildren? What will she do if someone else dares to have a baby? (although, for example, her own siblings seem much more independent, and likely wouldn't require or want round the clock assistance.).

This is almost That Wife territory, the amount that people put up with for fear of Jenna losing her shit or withholding the children from family (yeah right, like she would pass up on an opportunity to ship her kids away). dead

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.