:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The Ivory Lane / Emily Jackson
January 6, 2017
8:49 pm
Likes Cheese
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1363
Snarking Since:
November 23, 2014

It makes me wonder how close the "cousins" will be growing up.  Like from what I'm seeing now Capri, Cannon, Isla and Jackson will probably all be pretty close.  I know that's not quite the same but still, I'm sure those kids will still always have the "big family" vibe as I don't see any of the sisters moving out of the area and I'm sure Meg and Amy will have kids too.  I mean, I doubt she'd go through all this unless she really wanted them pretty badly, but I do hope it's because she really really wants them and loves being a mom and having a big family that much and not just because of societal pressure around there.  I guess Cannon is two now, and I bet having Jackson around has probably made her ache for a little baby again.

Curious, does anyone know if she still follows Shannon Bird, or are they literally not friends at all anymore?

January 10, 2017
8:40 pm
Strangled by a Blanket Scarf
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 6289
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

I LOVE how Emily posted this unedited photo of her and Rach and Rach got pissed because she doesn't like how she looks. She can't hide how wide her face is IRL. Funny how Emily's face looks slimmer than normal.

January 10, 2017
10:10 pm
Poison Envy Itch
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 820
Snarking Since:
January 20, 2015

^^ In this picture, Em and Rach look like two women no one would look at twice if they saw them at the mall. Maybe someone might notice their handbags or the OTK boots, but really take notice of them? No way. Boring basic.

January 10, 2017
10:15 pm
Strangled by a Blanket Scarf
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 6289
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

Poison Envy Itch meowed

^^ In this picture, Em and Rach look like two women no one would look at twice if they saw them at the mall. Maybe someone might notice their handbags or the OTK boots, but really take notice of them? No way. Boring basic.

Exactly. Their style here is pulled together but basic. Nothing the rest of us don't do or can't do on the daily. Not aspirational or inspiring.

January 11, 2017
10:14 am
Gal Meets Jorts
Hamcat
Meows: 173
Snarking Since:
June 29, 2015

Meh, I think they look pretty.  Way prettier than the average mall rats.  I don't really get why Rach got so upset about this picture – she looks fine.

No comments yet on Emily's latest post?  What a strange post.  It's a very personal post, talking about infertility and her attempts to get pregnant with her third child, yet it's riddled with typos like she wrote it in 5 minutes without going back to read it.

It made me feel sad for her, but she has a good life and family and two children already, so my sympathy is somewhat tempered.

January 11, 2017
10:32 am
i covet your comments
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 847
Snarking Since:
May 23, 2015

Strangled by a Blanket Scarf meowed
I LOVE how Emily posted this unedited photo of her and Rach and Rach got pissed because she doesn't like how she looks. She can't hide how wide her face is IRL. Funny how Emily's face looks slimmer than normal.

where did rachie get mad at emily?? popcorn

January 11, 2017
10:41 am
driving consumerism
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 331
Snarking Since:
August 8, 2016

aw man, her new post is sad. i'm glad she shared it though. it's the realest thing she's ever put up there and i appreciate that for her and hoping for the best. 

January 11, 2017
10:47 am
LifeHappens
Cat
Meows: 29
Snarking Since:
September 16, 2016

I think Rachel and Emily are both attractive women.  I don't know why Rachel would be upset over this picture.  I think they both look fine and Rachel's face does not look wide or fat to me.  Neither lady is overweight but I know most of us always fees we can lose a few pounds.

January 11, 2017
11:07 am
D
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 530
Snarking Since:
February 15, 2012

Despite the glaring typos in the first sentences of the post, I also agree that this is a good one. And I think the pic above is fine. They actually look like cute, young moms. Not at all like the moms I see at my local Y. They don't look like glamazons, by any means, but like someone said above, they look pulled together, if a bit basic (though I like basic for on the go. Cardigan, long sleeve tee, jeans, style it up with bag and shoes and poof, out the door). 

January 11, 2017
11:36 am
i just cant even
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 263
Snarking Since:
April 14, 2014

I definitely appreciate her putting it all out there with her infertility struggles. I hope she continues to be so honest. Bravo! (and good luck!)

January 11, 2017
11:40 am
Fetch
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1820
Snarking Since:
November 5, 2012

One thing that continually blows my mind with bloggers is that they surely know that people like them being open and honest and real, yet they burn those bridges in the name of clicks. Clearly, Emily has gotten a LOT of questions about her infertility struggles. People are interested. And given how candid she's been, clearly she's not keeping it secret (which I really admire). I enjoyed reading something genuine from her for once, but couldn't she have fleshed it out a little? If she's hoping to share her story to help other readers, why not go a bit more into detail about deciding to pursue treatment, an overview of what that involved, and you know, check for typos? I get that she can't link to any J. Crew in a post like that, but investing 20 minutes into a solid, personal post would surely draw in readers. 

Really, it's the same as her running. It makes her more relatable and likable and she stands out from the sea of Mormon fashion bloggers, but because you can only link to so many Lululemon shorts, she doesn't invest any time in posting about it. 

January 11, 2017
1:07 pm
Criticizing me is unfeminist
Hamcat
Meows: 148
Snarking Since:
April 29, 2016

I'm open to someone more knowledgeable weighing in, I'm just very, very surprised that they've only been trying for a year and a half (with a break for the marathon!) and she's already doing clomid and IUI.  They're a youngish couple with two healthy kids, unless there's some medical condition she's not sharing I would assume they're just extremely unlucky?? No??

Of course she has the right to be sad and devastated.  I just don't understand the impatience and the urgency to be pregnant ASAP.        

January 11, 2017
1:12 pm
snarksquatch
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 233
Snarking Since:
February 19, 2016

Criticizing me is unfeminist meowed

I'm open to someone more knowledgeable weighing in, I'm just very, very surprised that they've only been trying for a year and a half (with a break for the marathon!) and she's already doing clomid and IUI.  They're a youngish couple with two healthy kids, unless there's some medical condition she's not sharing I would assume they're just extremely unlucky?? No??

Of course she has the right to be sad and devastated.  I just don't understand the impatience and the urgency to be pregnant ASAP.        

I think she has mentioned she has struggled to get pregnant before too. Idk if it was with both kids or just Cannon. So with her history they are probably just more proactive.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.