:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

300 Sandwiches
September 25, 2013
9:47 pm
Crankyhedgehog

I couldn't find a thread for the blog 300sandwiches.com, but it just had a write up in the New York Post, so it was just a matter of time. 

Here is the "mission" of the site:

My boyfriend E is obsessed with two things: Star Wars and sandwiches. During a Sunday lunchtime viewing of "Return of the Jedi" he told me: "you are 300 sandwiches away from an engagement ring!" … And so, I got cooking …

I'm really hope this blog is tongue-in-cheek, because I really don't want to believe that a woman like this exists. But even tongue-in-check, the feminist in me doesn't find it all that funny.

September 26, 2013
12:18 am
Gluten-Free Cat Lady
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 248
Snarking Since:
November 6, 2011

At least the 300 feminist sandwiches hashtag came from it: http://www.grubstreet.com/2013/09/300-sandwiches-feminist-sandwiches.html

This is almost as sad as TW's marriage powerpoint.

September 26, 2013
12:29 am
Crankyhedgehog

Gluten-Free Cat Lady said

At least the 300 feminist sandwiches hashtag came from it: http://www.grubstreet.com/2013/09/300-sandwiches-feminist-sandwiches.html

This is almost as sad as TW's marriage powerpoint.

That's excellent. And now I'm kind of hungry. Maybe I need to find a Swedish man to come make me a sandwich.

September 26, 2013
12:38 am
Gluten-Free Cat Lady
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
November 6, 2011

I can already feel her selling the story as a romcom. drinkI don't want to live on this planet anymore.

September 26, 2013
12:58 am
Crankyhedgehog

Since she compares her boyfriend puke to Alexander Skarsgård, I guess we know who would be the male lead.

September 26, 2013
1:16 am
Butch Boots
Hamcat
Meows: 54
Snarking Since:
July 4, 2013

Crankyhedgehog said
Since she compares her boyfriend puke to Alexander Skarsgård, I guess we know who would be the male lead.

Not to snark on his looks (I am really), have you seen her bf? Alexander  Skarsgård he is not. 

September 26, 2013
1:23 am
Crankyhedgehog

I did, hence the puke. He is so not Alexander Skarsgard. But she is actually getting some attention (positive even) and people have joked about a movie already.

September 26, 2013
8:18 am
KAS
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7917
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

I bet Tim from "40 Days of Dating" and this guy would be great friends.  They can have each other.

September 26, 2013
8:39 am
Colorblocked Moonshiner
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 6927
Snarking Since:
September 27, 2011

no clue who these people are, but they're going to be on the today show this morning. skarsgard? ha. he looks more like a young julian assange. puke

September 26, 2013
9:54 am
Sister Friend
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 878
Snarking Since:
May 9, 2012

I can't wait to see her follow-up blog: 300 BlowJobs, about a food blogger who wants to have a baby, but whose husband is reluctant.

September 26, 2013
1:46 pm
Gluten-Free Cat Lady
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
November 6, 2011

Gawker's take on it is hilarious: http://gawker.com/b***h-make-me-300-sandwiches-orders-beautiful-woman-1383577562

"The story is like something out of a fairytale, one of those weird old German ones you can't read to kids, where an peasant girl's stepmother forces her to make 300 sandwiches for the Devil, and then a series of horrible things happen to the girl, and at the end of the story she freezes to death."

Someone on twitter made this:

September 26, 2013
4:12 pm
I like to watch Dr Phil drunk
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1870
Snarking Since:
October 25, 2012

Guys, it gets so much better. I spent the better part of yesterday clicking through posts during work. I see Gawker already highlight the Sloppy Joe stripper pole class one. It is tragic. It follows a series of "sexy back" sandwich making, where she assembles deli meats while dressed proactively. There's also a post where she "took a break" (1 day) from making him a sandwich, and explains it's because they had a fight. I really wanted to believe it was tongue-in-cheek, but no …

September 26, 2013
4:19 pm
I like to watch Dr Phil drunk
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1870
Snarking Since:
October 25, 2012

I AM CRYING LAUGHING AT THIS GAWKER ARTICLE omg

Those lines aren’t a prelude to the triumphant part of the story where Stephanie prepares Eric a special sandwich consisting of a box jellyfish on a bed of oleander leaves with hemlock garnish—a sandwich which, Stephanie will later testify, she had no idea would poison Eric so swiftly he would expire where he sat (though her browser history will suggest otherwise). They’re just part of the narrative of Sandwich’s charming life. I mean Stephanie’s.

Will Eric reveal that this challenge was devised as a brain teaser, to see if Stephanie could get a job at Google? (A: On day one, prepare a giant PB&J, and then cut it into 300 pieces.) 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.