:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

300 Sandwiches
March 15, 2016
12:26 pm
Today I lost my grandfather. These are dinosaur sprinkles on pumpkin buckwheat pancakes.
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 291
Snarking Since:
February 6, 2015

Saint Dorothy Mantooth meowed
I checked the blog to see if this was still A Thing, and found this uncomfortable saga. Boy, he sounds like a real f**kin' prize.

When I first declared I was going vegan for the month of January, E defiantly said he would not participate. … E has considered my decision a personal affront to his cooking. … And baby, this is not about you or your cooking at all. 

This went on for weeks. It did not make for quality time together in our kitchen.

For two people so passionate about cooking for one another, having one partner be on a restrictive diet is frustrating for the other. “You being vegan is like us sleeping in separate bedrooms with separate people,” he said.

I get it. He takes pride in cooking for me, his wife. … Me telling him I can’t eat his food is akin to rolling over and falling asleep when he whispers sweet nothings next to me in bed.

But I’m not rejecting him, or his cooking. I’m just playing with my intake of food from different sources. Big deal!

Vegan January was over. … We sat together at the table, savoring every bite, and cuddled afterwards. “Thank god that obnoxious vegan thing’s over,” he said.

http://300sandwiches.com/veganism-put-a-strain-on-my-marriage/

Uh-huh, whatever you say.  What's the opposite of "methinks the lady doth protest  too  much," because that's what's going on here.

March 30, 2016
1:04 pm
SnarkaliciousPork
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1389
Snarking Since:
July 1, 2015

Today I lost my grandfather. These are dinosaur sprinkles on pumpkin buckwheat pancakes. meowed

I checked the blog to see if this was still A Thing, and found this uncomfortable saga. Boy, he sounds like a real f**kin' prize.

When I first declared I was going vegan for the month of January, E defiantly said he would not participate. … E has considered my decision a personal affront to his cooking. … And baby, this is not about you or your cooking at all. 

This went on for weeks. It did not make for quality time together in our kitchen.

For two people so passionate about cooking for one another, having one partner be on a restrictive diet is frustrating for the other. “You being vegan is like us sleeping in separate bedrooms with separate people,” he said.

I get it. He takes pride in cooking for me, his wife. … Me telling him I can’t eat his food is akin to rolling over and falling asleep when he whispers sweet nothings next to me in bed.

But I’m not rejecting him, or his cooking. I’m just playing with my intake of food from different sources. Big deal!

Vegan January was over. … We sat together at the table, savoring every bite, and cuddled afterwards. “Thank god that obnoxious vegan thing’s over,” he said.

http://300sandwiches.com/veganism-put-a-strain-on-my-marriage/

Uh-huh, whatever you say.  What's the opposite of "methinks the lady doth protest  too  much," because that's what's going on here.

Yes, but you notice that she says clearly "…when he whispers sweet nothings next to me in bed."  She didn't say "whispers sweet nothings to me in bed". He could be whispering on the phone to someone he met on Grindr, hoping she won't hear. Stuff that one in your sandwich, Stephanie. 

Yeah, I'm into fitness. Fit'n this in ma mouth!
April 20, 2016
8:04 am
willblogformoney
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1152
Snarking Since:
March 10, 2015

SnarkaliciousPork meowed

This is what he'll say to her when he comes out of the closet. "I swear, honey, I'm just playing with my intake from other sources!!"

sha_clap2 This wins the Internets for me. 

April 25, 2016
3:40 pm
SnarkaliciousPork
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
July 1, 2015

I'm about halfway through her book and am sort of feeling like an asshole. The whole concept started off as a joke between Stephanie and E, so I might have to recant the whole "She gives feminists a bad name" shtick. 

I'm standing by my belief that E is either an alien or bats for the other team, though. 

April 29, 2016
8:44 am
nexuspoint
Cat
Meows: 24
Snarking Since:
June 18, 2014

SnarkaliciousPork meowed

I'm about halfway through her book and am sort of feeling like an asshole. The whole concept started off as a joke between Stephanie and E, so I might have to recant the whole "She gives feminists a bad name" shtick. 

I'm standing by my belief that E is either an alien or bats for the other team, though. 

I always assumed it was a joke but he comes off generally as a control freak in her posts. Her post wedding what married life is like was ick. He gets shitty if she doesn to leaning her ring? Either she's shit at portraying him, which I find hard to believe as she is a journalist, or he really is like that. I vote latter.

April 29, 2016
7:03 pm
selfie abuse
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 980
Snarking Since:
December 16, 2014

He sounds like an over-emotional, high-maintenance princess and she is just learning this?

May 3, 2016
12:11 pm
SnarkaliciousPork
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
July 1, 2015

nexuspoint meowed

SnarkaliciousPork meowed

I always assumed it was a joke but he comes off generally as a control freak in her posts. Her post wedding what married life is like was ick. He gets shitty if she doesn to leaning her ring? Either she's shit at portraying him, which I find hard to believe as she is a journalist, or he really is like that. I vote latter.

Honestly, after reading the whole book, I think Stephanie is the control freak and poor E is just along for the ride. Stephanie is admittedly high strung and over-reacts about everything. I'm not saying E doesn't have issues, but he seems really genuine and in love with Stephanie. I think they just have a strange sense of humor. There were a few sections were Stephanie describes talking to E's parents and it totally changed the way I thought about him. Stephanie talks about E not proposing when she wanted him to (her dad was dying from cancer) and they had a huge blowout. Stephanie blamed E and started doubting whether or not he wanted to get married. It turns out that E was trying to pay off the ring Stephanie really wanted before he proposed and her insistence made him feel bad, like he wasn't good enough for her. She definitely goes more in depth about their relationship in the book than she does in the blog. 

May 17, 2016
7:06 am
nexuspoint
Cat
Meows: 24
Snarking Since:
June 18, 2014

Yikes! Damn now it means I'll have to read her book. That sounds total princess high maintenance. The other cringed post she wrote was that whole meerkat thing (wtf?) now I can see why he gets shitty when she doesn't clean her ring.

May 18, 2016
7:03 pm
SnarkaliciousPork
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
July 1, 2015

nexuspoint meowed
Yikes! Damn now it means I'll have to read her book. That sounds total princess high maintenance. The other cringed post she wrote was that whole meerkat thing (wtf?) now I can see why he gets shitty when she doesn't clean her ring.

It's actually a pretty good book. I was not expecting to like it, but it changed my opinion on Stephanie and E. I read it on my Kindle through the library, so I might have a different opinion if I actually had to pay for it. 

August 8, 2016
1:49 pm
I like to watch Dr Phil drunk
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1870
Snarking Since:
October 25, 2012

SnarkaliciousPork meowed

nexuspoint meowed

SnarkaliciousPork meowed

Honestly, after reading the whole book, I think Stephanie is the control freak and poor E is just along for the ride. Stephanie is admittedly high strung and over-reacts about everything. I'm not saying E doesn't have issues, but he seems really genuine and in love with Stephanie. I think they just have a strange sense of humor. There were a few sections were Stephanie describes talking to E's parents and it totally changed the way I thought about him. Stephanie talks about E not proposing when she wanted him to (her dad was dying from cancer) and they had a huge blowout. Stephanie blamed E and started doubting whether or not he wanted to get married. It turns out that E was trying to pay off the ring Stephanie really wanted before he proposed and her insistence made him feel bad, like he wasn't good enough for her. She definitely goes more in depth about their relationship in the book than she does in the blog. 

To be honest, they both sound like entitled, narcissistic assholes to me. I know the whole thing started off as a joke between them, but the way she portrayed herself and their relationship on the blog was bizarre. They seemed awkward on the Today show too. But I'd be interested to know more about their relationship from the book if you could share some other snippets because there's no way I'm ever going to read that book anyway.

In other news, she's pregnant. 

November 15, 2016
11:20 pm
Daisy
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1924
Snarking Since:
May 6, 2012

I wonder when the baby is due. It looks like she hasn't blogged since Oct 18.

November 21, 2016
7:37 am
happygal
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 223
Snarking Since:
October 25, 2012

Baby was announced last week. Cora Irene. I like the name, cute baby.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.