:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

300 Sandwiches
November 17, 2013
1:00 am
Alice
Hi Im Alice And Ill Be Your GOMI Admin Today
Meows: 14982
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

I just don't understand why anyone would need a cookbook for sandwiches. Is two pieces of bread with stuff of your choice in between really that complex?

~ you and people like you ~
November 17, 2013
2:48 pm
Mary Anne Spier
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1476
Snarking Since:
June 19, 2013

Alice said
I just don't understand why anyone would need a cookbook for sandwiches. Is two pieces of bread with stuff of your choice in between really that complex?

…And if you're feeling fancy, shove that mess into a panini press?

November 17, 2013
5:55 pm
blech hockey jesus
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 249
Snarking Since:
July 16, 2012

Mary Anne Spier said

Alice said

…And if you're feeling fancy, shove that mess into a panini press?

Agreed. Isn't this what Pinterest is for? 

It is probably shitty of me to say, but I think if the boyfriend was better looking, it might be a better book idea. But you aren't going to find a bunch of women lining up for glimpses into a relationship with that f**k. (Unless you want to feel superior, maybe?)

November 22, 2013
7:00 pm
Miss.Lemon

Alice said

I kid you not in a cookbook that I bought it actually has a recipe on how to make a cheese sandwich. Nope, not grilled or anything just cold. I was like dafuq?

November 22, 2013
9:02 pm
KAS
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7917
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

He's seriously going to make her make every last damn sandwich?  "298, 299…..sorry honey, not there yet!"  GIVE HER THE RING, ASS.

November 29, 2013
9:31 am
fangbite6
Cat
Meows: 28
Snarking Since:
July 9, 2013

carriefadshaw said
And here we go! http://nypost.com/2013/11/13/300-sandwiches-blogger-signs-book-deal/

It's due out around Valentine's Day of 2015. What do you want to bet that's when the magical 300th sandwich gets made?

I'm betting the end of the book ends up being more like " And that's when E told me he was leaving me for another woman, apparently he didn't like my sandwiches enough."

December 2, 2013
5:32 pm
Snark Mercantile
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 583
Snarking Since:
October 13, 2011

fangbite6 said

carriefadshaw said
And here we go! http://nypost.com/2013/11/13/300-sandwiches-blogger-signs-book-deal/

It's due out around Valentine's Day of 2015. What do you want to bet that's when the magical 300th sandwich gets made?

I'm betting the end of the book ends up being more like " And that's when E told me he was leaving me for another woman, apparently he didn't like my sandwiches enough."

Thanks for making my day. I'm sitting here feeling miserable and sick and painful to the touch, and this made me chortle and hack like nobody's business. So thanks again. lol

December 2, 2013
7:07 pm
EDNAMODE and guest
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 329
Snarking Since:
May 19, 2013

This post really saddens me: http://300sandwiches.com/sandwich-198-pot-kettle-black-baba-ganoush-with-peppers-and-greens/

"Now that I finally had edible baba ganoush, I could make a light sandwich for E’s lunch, which I had to do to save face after hanging out late the night before."

Shouldn't your significant other the only person you don't have to "save face" with?

"I assumed he would be home around midnight after the festivities. But he strolled in at 3 AM! I was fuming: “You couldn’t call or text and say you were going to be late?” I said. And then I was embarrassed for myself because I was acting like the controlling, nagging girlfriend I so didn’t want to be. Even my mom scolded me for scolding him: “He could have texted, but don’t make him feel bad for having a good time.”

My hubby would find me pissed if he stayed out late without even texting, which he never does because he knows I am a worst case scenario worrier and am always sure he is unconscious in a car wreck if I don't hear from him at the usual times. Her mom gives horrible advice in general, but here is another bad example. Having a good time is not an excuse to not bother communicating with your partner.

"So here I am, swilling Champagne and hanging out with ridiculously good looking lingerie models until 2 in the morning, while E was at home alone. On my way home I thought, ‘I should buy HIM flowers’. Or at the very least make him lunch tomorrow."

While "E was home alone?" My hubby and I leave each other home alone for all kinds of activities (he works out a lot and I work multiple jobs right now). Can't he find something to do while she is out? Video games, workout, hanging out with neighbors, make his own dang sandwich…all options.

I can't help but feel she is purposefully ironic with her site. Does she write their true relationship? It sounds combative, competitive, and insincere.

My husband gave me a ring because he wanted me. I didn't have to earn it – no woman should. rolleyes

December 4, 2013
12:07 am
sadiesue
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 314
Snarking Since:
October 14, 2012

Mr. 300 is whining about how hard it is to sit on his ass and eat sandwiches and feels so pressured about proposing to his girlfriend. Cry me a river and build a bridge over it.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/02/im-100-sandwiches-away-from-buying-an-engagement-ring/

PS: So any guesses if she's into him for daddy issues or just has a eurotrash vampire lookalike fetish? 

December 4, 2013
10:30 am
audreyhepburn
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 957
Snarking Since:
August 27, 2013

If he looks like Alex Skarsgard, then I'm the Queen of England. What a train wreck. rolleyes

December 4, 2013
5:56 pm
EDNAMODE and guest
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 329
Snarking Since:
May 19, 2013

Ha ha, my two favorite comments: 

"Maybe she'll only make you 299 sandwiches so it won't be such a problem for  you. "

and

"I'd look at her and then I'd look at me and propose right away before someone else takes her away that isn't an A hole.  She is smoking hot and you are average at best..  Do the math. "

What an ass. He can't even engage in the effort to form an original proposal. Or he's shilling for more attention. Either way, selfish and self-centered. 

trainwreck

December 10, 2013
9:42 am
Daisy
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1924
Snarking Since:
May 6, 2012

Her last two posts are about ring shopping and trying to convince us that her boyfriend is not a jerk. I think she protests too much

December 10, 2013
10:05 am
FailWhale
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1248
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

Those people clearly don’t read this blog to know how much I brag about E’s cooking, or him taking out the trash and cleaning the house and changing light bulbs. Plus, this is a voluntary project. And I eat the sandwiches, too.

She gets to eat the sandwiches, too, you guys!!! He's really nice and takes out the trash!! How many Alexander Skaarsgard lookalikes does it take to change a light bulb? ONE since he does it all on his own because he's a dreamboat prince charming! 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.