:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Annie's Eats
December 3, 2016
6:02 pm
kayjay1519
Kitten
Meows: 1
Snarking Since:
December 3, 2016

I used to be a big fan of Annie's. Seriously, her recipes were and still are the bomb. But I've stopped liking her since her fashion posts. I agree with pretty much all of the above comments. I even sent her an email expressing my concerns on where the blog was going. Her basic unemotional response to this comment "I do what I want. It's MY blog." I get that. But this mentality that you can literally do whatever you want is just so obsurd. It's a food blog. Even if there's a tiny audience like me that's just there for the food, she should respect that and just have another blog for all of her other interests (i.e. Annie's Matieralistic/Feminist/Beyworshipping/BlogaboutNothingBlog). I commented on her latest gift guide. Her tone is so rude. She claims that she's respectful towards others viewpoints, but obviously she isn't! I looked through the comments. The ones were she donated money against them, weren't even hateful!. On my thread, I got just a tiny bit religious and pointed out the flaws in her relativism…she had the nerve to delete it! BUT she didn't the delete the comment where someone passive aggressively lashed at me. It's so frustrating. I wonder how many other comments were deleted just because it wasn't the usual "OMG ANNIE I LOVE YOU! YOU ARE MY GOD. ANNIE 4 PRESIDENT"

December 5, 2016
8:24 pm
50 Shades of Cray
Hamcat
Meows: 78
Snarking Since:
April 30, 2013

I agree with the above. I've read her for years and have always thought she has a rude, holier than thou attitude, especially when responding to her readers questions. I only kept her in my reader because yeah, her recipes are delicious. She mentioned in the comments on her gift guide post that she would be taking the blog in a different direction to include more of her fashion and other things she's passionate about (i.e. politics, the environment and social justice others-221). Good luck to her if that's what she actually does, because she is probably one of the last people I would look to for fashion advice. Any nobody cares about your pantsuit nation Annie, gtf over it already. If she does take the blog in that direction, I'll stick around just to watch it crash & burn popcorn

December 8, 2016
7:13 pm
babetavian
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
September 15, 2016

Omg, I am so over her. She is definitely going through a crisis of some sort. Or having an emotional breakdown. It's starting to see a little obvious. My money is on her marriage! First of all, she is SO. FAR. BEHIND. if she wants to take her blog in a fashion direction. lol it's almost laughable. Ok, Annie, go ahead and do what successful fashion bloggers started doing in 2010. And I agree, she is so rude and condescending in her comments. She seems to take offense to anything that *possibly* hints to someone disagreeing with her progressive views (I consider myself a progressive, btw). Annie, I'm not on pins and needles about your san fran trip, nor do I care about your lame-ass gift guide. 

I applaud her for her weight loss and how great she looks but sheesh, I think it's gone to her head and she's trying to make up for some lost time… 

Too bad, really. I loved her food portion of the blog. I still have so many recipes that I use.

I would never wish anyone's marriage to crumble, but my money is totally on her marriage falling apart. He probably can't take her narcissism anymore.  

December 19, 2016
7:38 am
#FrankenIsla
Hamcat
Meows: 77
Snarking Since:
February 20, 2013

No mention of him in her holiday party post. No photos and no use of 'we', just 'I'. I'm officially on the breakup bandwagon.

December 19, 2016
8:25 am
Onionbreath
Hamcat
Meows: 159
Snarking Since:
December 13, 2012

I swear I saw a photo of Ben not that long ago – maybe by Josie when she visited.  Which made me think they were not broken up.   It is weird though that she doesn't mention "we" as hosting the party – you would think he would help her with it.

December 21, 2016
2:49 pm
ikea shelves
Cat
Meows: 47
Snarking Since:
December 30, 2013

Onionbreath meowed
I swear I saw a photo of Ben not that long ago – maybe by Josie when she visited.  Which made me think they were not broken up.   It is weird though that she doesn't mention "we" as hosting the party – you would think he would help her with it.

She posted a photo of Ben on Thanksgiving. I think it was on Instagram. I noticed that he didn't have a wedding ring on in the photo. I also noticed that she didn't have a wedding ring on in a pic from her gift guide. Maybe they aren't wedding right people. However, I'm on the bandwagon that something is up because he just vanished from her blog. It wasn't like she was overexposing him in any way that would have made him refuse to be pictured ever. Even dating back to her multiple posts about her California trip- she never mentioned him once. Her life is so curious to me anyway- it's like she lives in a world with unlimited cash flow and an extra 10 hours in ever day.

I read the comments in her gift guide post because people were calling her out for being snarky and politically aggressive (if anyone questioned her views or said anything negative, she claimed that she'd donate to an organization that they criticized). She seemed very reactive and fired up. She clearly invited criticism and contempt with her disclaimer and was at times rude to people in her comments. One person straight up asked her if she there was something going on in her life and she said that everything was fine. I wondered if it was someone from GOMI who asked that based on the speculation here.

December 22, 2016
7:48 pm
lro
Hamcat
Meows: 186
Snarking Since:
February 14, 2014
I've never liked Annie. Her blog is well-written and her photography is beautiful (and I love her travel recaps) so I've kept reading, but she is frequently so, so rude to people in the comments (long before this election) and I definitely get the vibe that she thinks she is better than everyone else. The FAQ section on her blog is in-freaking-sufferable. It basically says "Before you ask a question, please thoroughly search my archives to make sure I have not previously answered that question." I mean, how dare someone accidentally email her a question she's answered before!?! If it's SUCH a burden, can't she just ignore the question? I don't understand why she has to be so condescending.

I'm in agreement with her about politics so I can't say I find that stuff terribly off-putting – I actually really loved her post on the day after the election, and I thought she was very honest about her feelings (which I share) without attacking anyone – at least in the post itself, I didn't read the comments. I definitely skip over the fashion/gift guide/lifestyle stuff (and agree her fashion sense is very "Midwestern Mom" and hardly something I want to emulate) but it doesn't bother me as long as the focus of the blog remains mostly on food and travel, which I think it has. Her attitude annoys me though, and I've always thought she's probably an unpleasant person in real life.

I am 100% on the bandwagon that she and Ben are at least separated. Plenty of bloggers don't talk much about their spouses or personal life, but she used to talk about him all the time and still regularly splashes her kids' cute faces across the blog and social media, so something has to be up between them. As someone else said, he's appeared exactly once in a really long time – and it was an Insta photo of him and another guy where he was sans ring. If you google her name, the first page of search results has family photos of them from a few years ago (shared on the photog's blog) and they've both got rings on. So who knows what their exact status is, but something has definitely changed. They seem amicable though, and I hope for the sake of the kids that they are.

January 3, 2017
10:07 am
Onionbreath
Hamcat
Meows: 159
Snarking Since:
December 13, 2012

I'm back on the bandwagon that she is not broken up – just purposely keeping him off her social media (probably at his request).  I saw in her insta post about her visit to see Josie again that Ben was driving…so there is that.   I can't explain them not wearing their rings though so maybe I am completely off base.

Anyway….how in the world does she do everything she does?  Now she's read 30 books this year and knit sweaters for herself and kids, etc….not to mention the yoga and cooking/baking and travel.  I just don't see how it is possible………maybe I'm just lazy..  idontknow

January 16, 2017
1:42 pm
sillysarah
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 326
Snarking Since:
May 5, 2014

she mentioned Ben yesterday on instagram…

weirdly it was canned tomatillos which this recipe calls for. Ben went to two different stores! Whole Foods was also missing like five other things but we found them elsewhere. Not the best grocery trip!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.