:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Gluten Free Girl
October 21, 2016
1:27 am
a dollop of thlack-jawed
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1201
Snarking Since:
March 8, 2012

"And in the end is my beginning" … What a pompous title for announcing that you are going to write about muffin mixes. rolleyes 

Home is where one starts from. As we grow older
The world becomes stranger, the pattern more complicated
Of dead and living. Not the intense moment
Isolated, with no before and after,
But a lifetime burning in every moment
And not the lifetime of one man only
But of old stones that cannot be deciphered.
There is a time for the evening under starlight,
A time for the evening under lamplight
(The evening with the photograph album).
Love is most nearly itself
When here and now cease to matter.
Old men ought to be explorers
Here or there does not matter
We must be still and still moving
Into another intensity
For a further union, a deeper communion
Through the dark cold and the empty desolation,
The wave cry, the wind cry, the vast waters
Of the petrel and the porpoise. In my end is my beginning.

(T.S. Eliot, "Four Quartets"

What Danny cooking?
October 21, 2016
8:08 am
the one true morty
Kitten
Meows: 7
Snarking Since:
December 29, 2015

Flyest b***h at Stilts Camp meowed
 The produce section brings dark-green zucchinis standing at attention, vibrant artichokes blooming in profusion, and round-bottomed eggplants just begging to be fondled.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hi, I'm new here and have been lurking forever, but

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

puke

October 21, 2016
10:52 am
regionally specific condiment, PhD
Cat
Meows: 25
Snarking Since:
June 17, 2016

Again, I’m so grateful that so many of you care. But it has worn on me, these past few years, that my family and our life has become a bit of a commodity. I’m not comfortable with it anymore.

This is so interesting. I wrote about food bloggers in my dissertation — primarily GFG and Pioneer Woman — and how they essentially commodify their relationships with their readers. They strike up this chatty "just girls" tone, provide glimpses into their personal lives, pad the recipes with faux-intimate details, and readers buy into it hook, line, and sinker. Readers identify with them and think they have a relationship with them, but that "relationship" is the product. We'll see how long GFG's new ethos plays absent the fantasy of identification. 

October 21, 2016
11:11 am
Bacon in Beans at Restaurants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2207
Snarking Since:
November 10, 2013

Lumbersexual Narwhal meowed
So basically the same shitty recipes but without the dumbass introductions? Got it.

See, this is the thing.  All that blahblahblahbage just to announce that she would be doing less of it. To introduce a single f**king recipe.  I guess putting out one damn recipe/week got to be too much when it was accompanied by so much thoughtful, deep writerly writieness. 

I think she's backing off her "family sharing" because she got slammed for her recent parenting choices (ie, eating lunch at restaurants instead of paying for her daughter's costume). She would not have changed that Instagram verbiage unless she was feeling the heat. 

And FOP.  How are her paying customers not lining up with pitchforks over her breach of contract? How many weeks did they pay for her services and not get as much as a ridiculous sauce recipe because Shaun was on her fainting couch, overwhelmed at the thought of contemplating (not making, just thinking about) school lunches for 2 children?

Where's their outrage over paying for product not received? How many time are the fools going to pat Shaun's back soothingly, telling her yes, yes–they understand just how hard it is to live in food, Mama that one and the other one, eat 6+ large, chefed meals a day courtesy of Danny, and try to make money off the business they started with free money?

And so now writing itself has gotten to be an overwhelming chore. And just what's left to give up in the pursuit of moving slower, Shaun?  Really–what's left?

October 21, 2016
11:20 am
The Crystallized Tears of Mrs. Butterworth
Hamcat
Meows: 75
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2015

Flyest b***h at Stilts Camp meowed
and round-bottomed eggplants just begging to be fondled.

I was going to congratulate you on creating a perfect piece of parody prose (and for making me spit my coffee on my screen with the line above) but then I discovered it was a c&p from her actual blog. And now I'm horrified. 

The eggplant fondling still makes me laugh, though. Even if it was intended to be serious and writerly.

October 21, 2016
12:27 pm
the one true morty
Kitten
Meows: 7
Snarking Since:
December 29, 2015

These last two quoted blog posts- the one about how she can't keep selling out her family and the one about how she loves to buy food- are really obvious hints as to why she can't keep up the nattering on about her life on the internet. She says she doesn't want to commodify her relationships anymore… it's more that her relationships aren't salable. How can she sell the tales of her money troubles and how it affects her kids, and then sell a story of how she MUST HAVE some fancy cheese and jam and all those other useless things? How can she ask for money from fans all cutesy like and then b***h at them when they want their flour? How can she keep bragging about her deep connections with foodie people when most people who know her can't stand her? She will never convince me that she wishes her life was more private. She's a narcissist. Its just that she didn't put the effort into making her lifestyle picturesque or her personality charming, and now she can't make money of her internet presence. That, and she sucks at making food. 

October 21, 2016
3:19 pm
crispenclean
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 623
Snarking Since:
February 13, 2014

". . . and round-bottomed eggplants just begging to be fondled."

If Donald Trump is at the Farmers' Market, that's exactly what he's thinking, too.

Stop sexually assaulting vegetables, Shauna. Several eggplants, a tomato, and a kohlrabi have already come forward with their stories, and more are bound to join them. Just because you are a food blogger and cookbook writer and James Beard award-winner doesn't give you the right to fondle an eggplant without its permission.

October 21, 2016
4:32 pm
The Crystallized Tears of Mrs. Butterworth
Hamcat
Meows: 75
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2015

crispenclean meowed

If Donald Trump is at the Farmers' Market, that's exactly what he's thinking, too.

Stop sexually assaulting vegetables, Shauna. Several eggplants, a tomato, and a kohlrabi have already come forward with their stories, and more are bound to join them. Just because you are a food blogger and cookbook writer and James Beard award-winner doesn't give you the right to fondle an eggplant without its permission.

lmaosha_clap2lmaosha_clap2lmao

October 21, 2016
4:43 pm
Jasperz_Meow
Hamcat
Meows: 59
Snarking Since:
November 12, 2014

I agree the comments here have probably hit a little close to home. And I also agree that she IS a narcissist, and it won't be long before she's all the way baaaaaaack. 

October 21, 2016
5:12 pm
Ridin dirty in the grocery store
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 327
Snarking Since:
January 7, 2015

a dollop of thlack-jawed meowed
"And in the end is my beginning" … What a pompous title for announcing that you are going to write about muffin mixes. rolleyes 

Home is where one starts from. As we grow older
The world becomes stranger, the pattern more complicated
Of dead and living. Not the intense moment
Isolated, with no before and after,
But a lifetime burning in every moment
And not the lifetime of one man only
But of old stones that cannot be deciphered.
There is a time for the evening under starlight,
A time for the evening under lamplight
(The evening with the photograph album).
Love is most nearly itself
When here and now cease to matter.
Old men ought to be explorers
Here or there does not matter
We must be still and still moving
Into another intensity
For a further union, a deeper communion
Through the dark cold and the empty desolation,
The wave cry, the wind cry, the vast waters
Of the petrel and the porpoise. In my end is my beginning.

(T.S. Eliot, "Four Quartets"

And he got it from Mary Queen of Scots. Those were her last words – before being beheaded

FKA Released From Gluten
October 21, 2016
5:16 pm
castaway
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1824
Snarking Since:
September 2, 2013

Jasperz_Meow meowed
I agree the comments here have probably hit a little close to home. And I also agree that she IS a narcissist, and it won't be long before she's all the way baaaaaaack. 

She's done this so many times, she's always back for more. A few years back when I started posting on this thread, she was in the throes of insisting she was going to stop blogging/posting Lucy's pictures online because privacy. She made a huge deal out of it, and then within a week there were odd pics of Lu from behind, Lu's shoes, a blurry Lu in the distance, soon full on face pics of Lucy and Lu in her underwear next to a kiddy pool, Lu's surgery scar in high-def, etc. So much for privacy. 

So we've had the blog, then cookbooks that flopped, a catering business I don't know what happened to, then cooking classes in "the studio" that was ultimately dismantled and sold on craigslist, the 'new direction!' kickstarter flour business that was funded and then immediately grew weary and then grew weevils large enough to eat her heroes page, FlOP ('forged in the furnace of IKEA cafe, our foreverdream come true!') which is flopping its way to decomposition, the expensive islandy 'how to write a blog' class that had 2 attendees. I'm sure I'm missing some of her exciting new directions. Somewhere in there the facebook 'how to cook' videos featuring their revolting hygiene. So how the heck can there still be people wishing her luck on this 'new' (recycled) initiative of yet another cooking class?

Also if zucchinis 'standing at attention' are erect penises, 'eggplants begging to be fondled' are balls or butts or something, are artichokes supposed to be genitals too? Like a prickly vulva or something? 

October 21, 2016
6:42 pm
Cat Loaf
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 259
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2012

Also if zucchinis 'standing at attention' are erect penises, 'eggplants begging to be fondled' are balls or butts or something, are artichokes supposed to be genitals too? Like a prickly vulva or something? 

——–
Um, have you ever seen Danny's artichoke tattoo? uh

October 21, 2016
7:36 pm
Bromesco
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 595
Snarking Since:
May 15, 2015

crispenclean meowed

Stop sexually assaulting vegetables, Shauna. Several eggplants, a tomato, and a kohlrabi have already come forward with their stories, and more are bound to join them. Just because you are a food blogger and cookbook writer and James Beard award-winner doesn't give you the right to fondle an eggplant without its permission.</blockquote

OMG I just laughed so hard I cried. Thank you.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.