:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Local Milk
December 20, 2014
9:54 pm
Ol Drippy
Hamcat
Meows: 111
Snarking Since:
November 20, 2014

chicken nuggets and vodka said
Your mentioning that inspired me to do some searching on her blog for posts about addiction, etc. It seems odd, almost. You have the superficial hipstery cool girl persona, and then you have some really emotional story about her struggles. Almost doesn't fit. 

Though I will say it didn't make her writing any less insufferable. 

Totally agree

December 21, 2014
12:31 am
Mad-Lib Recipe Generator
Hamcat
Meows: 93
Snarking Since:
May 28, 2014

Ol Drippy said

Pomegranate Baklava Popcorn Crumbles said

Ol Drippy said

chicken nuggets and vodka said

Pomegranate Baklava Popcorn Crumbles said
ummmmmmm.  I commented that it was a bit much. And she deleted my comment along with any other negative comment that pops up. http://instagram.com/p/w0JcxlAJCi/?modal=true

Oh my god. What the hell made her think that was a good idea? *Art*?

Good for her. Glorifying the slaughter of animals. Wow.

Gross. That is the most self-indulgent piece of crap. Why does she have to be naked and covered in blood? She says she is trying to draw a parallel between animal flesh and human flesh, but this does not achieve that.

Also, she is serving that meat to people? Who wants to eat something that their host has been handling naked?

And finally, she is clearly deleting comments left and right. There is no way a picture like that would only have positive responses. And she is leaving up her responses to comments she deleted? Weird. The comment about "humanely butchered meat" will give me eyerolls for days rolleyes

Whew, that felt good to get off of my (fully clothed) chest!

Right?? I was like WHY is she naked?? She was deleting a ton of negative comments last night. This am it looks like she is trying to justify why she did this. I don't get why so many people Loooooove her. She is so weird and her pics are all so dimly lit – I just don't get that style. 

I really wanted to like her. I think it was the whole recovering addict thing that made her seem more real maybe? I like to support people trying to get back on their feet after stuff like that. But I've actually never been motivated to make one of her recipes and I finally decided to stop following her after that picture. And this one:

http://instagram.com/p/w1lZMDAJFs/

More "art" rolleyes

And this is why you don't do drugs, kids.

What is that one now?  a poke at suicide? Or what. Yeah I don't get this. Its not "edgy", its lame. Maybe she was inspired by that New York Photographer that just published a ton of dark and edgy photos of what motherhood is like. I am going with she is just seeking attention

December 21, 2014
2:08 pm
Judy Mcc**terson
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 876
Snarking Since:
December 16, 2012

She thinks she's something special, doesn't she?

August 20, 2016
7:47 pm
flugelhorn
Hamcat
Meows: 51
Snarking Since:
August 2, 2016

And now she's gone and named her baby Eulalie Willa. Eulalie comes from a f**king Edgar Allen Poe poem. Because naming kids after creepy shit is clearly the thing. I swear when I read the name Eulalie off her instagram it sounded in my head like it would rhyme with ukelele. Fortunately it's apparently French and pronounced Eula-lee. It sounds so awkward with Eula-lee Willa, and Beth's husband's long crazy last name. That kid is going to have a weird hard name for life!

And yes, ages ago before she was a food blogger but was a proto-hipster she had a blog about her poor substance use choices with her then-husband, who now seems to photograph every major life milestone she has with her present husband. The old blog was a lot of "we had brunch, and then did coke, and then bought shoes! teehee!" Trust fund addict shit. Her first stab at a blog was going to be edgier. The branding was based off the title Bake in Black. I guess she realized she didn't want to be pigeonholed by the past and needed something a little more open. Although all she seems to do is bake lately. Seriously, is she ever going to post a recipe that doesn't involve Lindt chocolate, waffles, or some other dessert disguised as a breakfast? You can tell her heart isn't in the recipes much lately. It's all travel.

September 20, 2016
11:24 am
manlleu
Cat
Meows: 23
Snarking Since:
May 19, 2013

As she said, it comes from greek and means "well-spoken" but the main name is Eulalia, the main patron saint from Barcelona (Catalonia/Spain). The story of that saint is very gory, probably much more than any EAP's work.

The pronunciation would be something like oo-lah-lee and the short name is Laia, not that strange Eula thing she came up with. But well, she is better than me so what do I know.

September 25, 2016
12:06 am
dr bunsen honeydew
Cat
Meows: 15
Snarking Since:
March 6, 2016

She is looking into a cookbook proposal. But of course. Her food has never looked appetizing to me. It could also be the boring photography style….

September 27, 2016
10:15 pm
flugelhorn
Hamcat
Snarking Since:
August 2, 2016

dr bunsen honeydew meowed
She is looking into a cookbook proposal. But of course. Her food has never looked appetizing to me. It could also be the boring photography style….

Given how scattered her blog has been since she started traveling more and with her never ending house renovation, I have no idea what she'd even put in a cookbook at this point. She used to have a pretty cohesive portfolio of southern inspired fare and the occasional recipe of incongruous ingredients, but lately it seems like all she posts are the same super basic vegetarian dishes or weird desserts. It's just gotten so dull, no matter how much she tries to dress things up with her new affinity for Japanese cuisine. Her cookbook would be so scattered.

She's been flailing in the food department for a long time. There was an expensive ticketed supper club event in Chattanooga that she supposedly played some role in, but she didn't cook– she was billed as the "curator" and all she did all evening was socialize and pet a dog that was running around. I think she got the role because she is always brunching at Easy Bistro, which is apparently the only restaurant she likes in this town. I was surprised she actually committed to complaining online about the town's restaurant culture before. It isn't the best but she hadn't really admitted that before.

On her retreats she seems to always have Studio Neon or someone else with stronger chef chops along to put the food together. I'm not sure if it's because she's really just a dilettante hostess who has figured out how to get people to shell out big bucks for glorified dinner parties in exotic locals or what, but I have no idea when or how she's going to get a cookbook together.

geist

December 28, 2016
6:05 pm
littlebee
Kitten
Meows: 7
Snarking Since:
January 13, 2013

I do like some of her recipes and photography, but I will agree she hasn't done anything unique or interesting in a long time. Every time I see a recipe with chocolate in it, I know that damn Lindt link is in the description. For a supporter and preacher of the slow movement, she does not live up to her hype. I know many people who know what they are talking about in the area, and she is not one of them. She just hops on any train that will bring in more dough (see what I did there?rolleyes) for her travels and privileged Chatty-brat lifestyle. I have only a small problem with sponsored posts, but it's up to any blogger whether they want to go that route or not, but it just doesn't jive with her esthetic, or what she likes to "present" to the world. And it's painfully desperate and transparent.

I just can't with her, now. I'm so glad I didn't read her early blog. From the sound of it, my eyes would have wedged themselves from all of the rolling. And OH! the new Japanese phase she is going through. I love Japanese aesthetic as well. I have read (and love) the wabi-sabi book she loves so dearly. I just don't act like I'm a special millennial snowflake for knowing what it is. It's not like the concept was written on special parchment, found under a special f**king crystal in a Japanese garden. Someone called her out on Instagram, a long while back, for cultural appropriation. She basically just brushed them off. I wanted to punch her for her snarky dismissal. It was spot on, in reference, and she acted like a f**king superficial ignorant jackass. Anyway…

I just find her mostly to be an insufferable shallow dilettante, now.boring

December 28, 2016
7:33 pm
flugelhorn
Hamcat
Snarking Since:
August 2, 2016

Someone called her out on Instagram, a long while back, for cultural appropriation. She basically just brushed them off. I wanted to punch her for her snarky dismissal. It was spot on, in reference, and she acted like a f**king superficial ignorant jackass. Anyway…

I just find her mostly to be an insufferable shallow dilettante, now.boring

So someone also called her out on Instagram the other day (in the post where she posted a closeup of the $1000 pink backpack) of how she owns cats when she travels for months at a time. And that was a well-earned criticism. Her husband bought them on impulse and brought them home not long before they went on their last months-long trip to Japan and elsewhere. 

It looks like she not only didin't respond to the criticism but deleted the comment. I can't find it now. 

She also comes clean now in her recent Ford sponsored posts about how she's in a business family that has been selling cars for generations, but I recall in the past when she's acted more embarrassed about her family connections. Humble bragging about being given brand-new cars and what not. 

She's a spoiled dilettante who seems to have come into her own and made good on the result of some of those indulgences, but her current #dreamlife of husband and baby still seems built on that old foundation of coke w***e privilege and indulgence.

Even her current identity of someone who is more at home in airports than in her expensively renovated home was built on a long history of running away. She has written before about running away from home to live in New Orleans, despite being in high school, and running away from her first marriage to live in La Jolla and drink vodka on the beach, and running away from her fiancee (the infamous Sweaty Cake guy) to travel the world and cheat on him with foreign men and later her current husband. She's parlaying a lifetime of disordered, unexamined behavior into a picture of contentment and special snowflake and aspiration and it just doesn't compute.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.