:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Orangette
December 4, 2016
5:00 pm
saoirserue
Cat
Meows: 16
Snarking Since:
October 4, 2013

I saw the divorce coming a mile away, I'd noticed ages ago she's basically all but stopped mentioning her husband. Didn't see the other coming, of course! I hadn't noticed that she'd hinted at a new love, though. Any clue who it is?

December 4, 2016
10:21 pm
joyful
Hamcat
Meows: 101
Snarking Since:
November 4, 2012

She's been posting so infrequently I hadn't noticed her not mentioning her husband.

I do feel badly for the guy, what a shitty situation from his point of view.  It's interesting to me that in the comments on her post no one brings this up at all.  Everything's about how brave and authentic she is.

December 4, 2016
10:52 pm
blogaddictto
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 218
Snarking Since:
January 28, 2013

I was at her event in Toronto on Nov 28th – it was a small crowd (maybe 20-30? The organizers did a TERRIBLE job of promoting it) but she was lovely, the two women who interviewed her asked A LOT about her family/husband and June (the one is a Mommy blogger so that's about all  she could bring to the discussion when really I was there to hear about food!) How awkward that she was likely composing this post already. I will say she was just lovely in person and very smart and nice. I felt bad for the small crowd and truly lackluster interviewers (way to represent, fellow Canadians. Sigh.)

December 6, 2016
10:14 pm
flugelhorn
Hamcat
Meows: 51
Snarking Since:
August 2, 2016

saoirserue meowed
I saw the divorce coming a mile away, I'd noticed ages ago she's basically all but stopped mentioning her husband. Didn't see the other coming, of course! I hadn't noticed that she'd hinted at a new love, though. Any clue who it is?

Agreed. I thought it was interesting she quoted Delancy about the new relationship she and her ex husband have, because those whole time I was reading that book the distance between them felt palpable. I never felt more sure of divorce in two peoples' future after reading a book than I did reading Blood Bones and Butter about Gabrielle Hamilton (who incidentally also came off as a horrible person in her own damn memoir). I assumed Orangette's divorce would be because of the restaurant and two lives going in different directions even after a lot of hard work to stay together. The real reason was a curveball! emoticon-animal-001

January 2, 2017
3:58 pm
headpats
Kitten
Meows: 7
Snarking Since:
August 8, 2016

I was only guessing about the identity of the new love, but I thought that Molly's references to this certain person may have been hints, and I was right. I noticed that, on her post from outside of a Justin Bieber site or something, she said "This is for you, x," and that x responded, "You are soooooooooooo good to me! xoxoxoxoxooxo" or something like that. Molly confirmed on Instagram today that x is indeed the new love.

January 2, 2017
8:56 pm
sillysarah
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 326
Snarking Since:
May 5, 2014

how old is Molly? According to x's linkedin page, she's a baby – 29

January 2, 2017
9:25 pm
astronaut mike dexter
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 878
Snarking Since:
March 28, 2012

sillysarah meowed

how old is Molly? According to x's linkedin page, she's a baby – 29

I think she is 38? Or somewhere therabouts. I'm genuinely happy for her, I've always been a fan. But I will say that it seems complicated to be jumping into a new relationship so publicly when you have a kid and multiple businesses with your ex. But wtf do I know?

January 3, 2017
3:33 am
Snoogerbot
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 430
Snarking Since:
March 28, 2012

Ash something or other?  I'd seen references so thought it might be.  Choi?

January 3, 2017
2:53 pm
astronaut mike dexter
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 878
Snarking Since:
March 28, 2012

Yes, that's it. The reason I wasn't using her name (and I'm assuming the previous poster was referring to Molly's new partner as "x" is for the same reason) is because X has basically no internet presence and a private Instagram account. It seems unfair to put her name on this site, it would be unfortunate if it came up if she were ever googled. There's basically nothing snarkworthy about Molly apart from her loose association with GFG so I wanted to protect her partners privacy.

January 4, 2017
2:07 pm
CupOfBlow
Kitten
Meows: 9
Snarking Since:
May 27, 2014

joyful meowed
She's been posting so infrequently I hadn't noticed her not mentioning her husband.

I do feel badly for the guy, what a shitty situation from his point of view.  It's interesting to me that in the comments on her post no one brings this up at all.  Everything's about how brave and authentic she is.

My thoughts exactly. I've always really enjoyed Molly's writing and I'm happy that she's living her truth. But I can't help but feel for her husband. Such a painful rejection and on a public scale can't be easy to swallow. I think it's a bit insensitive for her to be putting all of this out there in this way. Someone commented on her big reveal blog post with "love wins" and I thought: except it didn't. rolleyes

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.