:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Catholic All Year
December 8, 2016
1:52 pm
Not Sophia Loren
Hamcat
Meows: 121
Snarking Since:
May 3, 2013

Sigh.  I know this is a snark site, but I still feel weird confessing that I was hoping she'd get knocked up with twins or triplets – just something to throw her off balance.  Or, to have a complicated (but ultimately safe because I am not the devil) pregnancy.  Blerg.

I know she has had some tough times – husband had cancer when she was pregnant with #4 –  but she wasn't blogging then and so when she writes about even that episode it is all "tra la la, he had cancer but we flew all the way to Lourdes and got our miracle"  (Because we're rich and white and can do things like that…)

And, it took a few google clicks to find out that yes, St. Monica's is heavily Opus Dei. 

December 8, 2016
2:01 pm
wastingtime
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 556
Snarking Since:
October 27, 2015

Yes, yes, yes!

Didn't she post on facebook that they usually celebrate this feast quietly and they are at an amusement park? confused

December 9, 2016
3:25 pm
hashtag sponsored
Cat
Meows: 49
Snarking Since:
March 20, 2015

Omgosh at the cost for a family of ten just to get into a theme park. 

December 9, 2016
5:56 pm
Is Stars Hollow Coffee Really That Good?
Hamcat
Meows: 127
Snarking Since:
August 17, 2015

I'm confused, too, about whether they traveled to Florida from California?  There used to be only one Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and it was in Orlando.  I am also wondering why it looks so empty in her pictures! No hordes of people in the background of their wide family pic. 

December 10, 2016
1:06 am
Oksana The Grouch
Hamcat
Meows: 50
Snarking Since:
September 29, 2016

I'm not sure whether they're in FL or CA, but I'm guessing the reason for the lack of people in the background of the photo is that it was a random weekday in December.  (Jack, Bobby, & Betty's school had the day off because it was Immaculate Conception.)

December 11, 2016
12:43 pm
catfolk
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 263
Snarking Since:
August 10, 2014

I'm late to the game here and hadn't peeked at her blog for awhile, but holy shit that blog post about Christopher Columbus?! "He was really greedy and selfish and you know, initiated 500 years and counting of death and slavery for Native Americans and Africans, but also totally loved god so it's cool and since that's really what matters we still consider him to be a 'hero' and stuff."

Like, no…I'm pretty sure that no matter how much someone blathers about doing things for sake of god or whatever, when those things being done are ushering in genocide and completely wiping out entire indigenous peoples as a direct result of your self-driven greed for wealth and power, you forfeit the right to be called a hero in any kind of capacity. But what do I know, I'm not a weird Catholic mommy blogger going through life wearing blinders and propping up grotesque historical revisionism.

December 22, 2016
4:42 pm
topsecretusername
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
December 22, 2016

You know what makes me really sad? Not once in her post about the new baby has Kendra said that SHE is excited or acknowledged the baby is a blessing from god. Nope, the kids are excited to "have a tiebreaker," but that's it. I know so many women DESPERATE for one baby that her blase attitude and lack of gratitude make me very mad. 

December 23, 2016
8:17 am
wastingtime
Senior Hamcat
Snarking Since:
October 27, 2015

That might be true. I definitely think she takes it for granted. I feel like she maybe wanted to be done but she can't eat her words and make an effort to be done or space them (ie use NFP) because she's trying to project a certain image that she is open to life and takes babies as they come. Or her husband is really the one pushing the babies and she just goes along with how horrible NFP is but doesn't really believe it.

December 23, 2016
8:25 am
B***h Brisket
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1494
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

I'm amazed at the effort she (and all of these catholic parents do) goes to to think up a whole load of disguises to fool people into thinking that the kids are celebrating Halloween when they are actually playing Saints. How does she come up with all these ideas several times every year?

December 23, 2016
11:30 am
topsecretusername
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
December 22, 2016

wastingtime meowed
That might be true. I definitely think she takes it for granted. I feel like she maybe wanted to be done but she can't eat her words and make an effort to be done or space them (ie use NFP) because she's trying to project a certain image that she is open to life and takes babies as they come. Or her husband is really the one pushing the babies and she just goes along with how horrible NFP is but doesn't really believe it.

Yeah, you may be right. Still, if you're not even in a place to FAKE gratitude about a pregnancy, why rush to tell the internet at nine weeks?

December 24, 2016
12:44 pm
wastingtime
Senior Hamcat
Snarking Since:
October 27, 2015

eyeroll to the card and letter. man, she is pretentious and annoying. and, you're right…this baby is only important for being a tiebreaker. which means #10 has to happen to even if it off because of course she can control the sex of the baby.rolleyesrolleyesrolleyesrolleyes

January 2, 2017
9:33 pm
Shopgrl
Hamcat
Meows: 74
Snarking Since:
June 29, 2016

Is Stars Hollow Coffee Really That Good? meowed
I'm confused, too, about whether they traveled to Florida from California?  There used to be only one Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and it was in Orlando.  I am also wondering why it looks so empty in her pictures! No hordes of people in the background of their wide family pic. 

Oksana The Grouch meowed
I'm not sure whether they're in FL or CA, but I'm guessing the reason for the lack of people in the background of the photo is that it was a random weekday in December.  (Jack, Bobby, & Betty's school had the day off because it was Immaculate Conception.)

I'm 99% sure they were in CA. They just opened a Harry Potter World there as well (in April 2016, I believe).

January 22, 2017
9:15 pm
wastingtime
Senior Hamcat
Snarking Since:
October 27, 2015

Did you all see her instastory about Betty making lunch because "they are either sexist or she wanted to." ??
rofl

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.