:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Christian Blogger Parents who Adopt from foreign countries.
January 3, 2017
11:17 pm
nurselee
Kitten
Meows: 5
Snarking Since:
April 14, 2016

the smell of sanctimony in the morning meowed
Yesterday I fell down a rabbit hole about Fencing Mama on the FreeJinger website.  Lots of interesting comments on there as well.  The thread was closed a few months ago.  I wonder why.

Hmm. Think I'll go and have a read. Fencing Mama may have complained.

January 4, 2017
4:55 am
Pizzaandchill
Kitten
Meows: 2
Snarking Since:
January 3, 2017

the smell of sanctimony in the morning meowed

Yesterday I fell down a rabbit hole about Fencing Mama on the FreeJinger website.  Lots of interesting comments on there as well.  The thread was closed a few months ago.  I wonder why.

If you mean the one I read there too, there is a second one.

It's called "adoptive "mothers" part deaux

January 4, 2017
9:57 pm
CaptainAardvark
Hamcat
Meows: 62
Snarking Since:
August 12, 2015

Pizzaandchill meowed

Cilla morse announced that they will adopt a new girl. And of course a funding page was shared already

I am from Germany and I only came to this forum because I saw Ryan on Facebook and thought he was adorable so I googled his moms name to find out more about them and it led me here.

But after I read about all this families collecting.. er.. adopting kids in the name of God it worries me, that the morses want to add another child ( i think again with special needs)

Cilla can't afford medical expenses (current and previously incurred) for the adoptive kids she's already got (Ryan of Bulgaria and Russian Kenzie)… and her house that had major water damage that she can't afford to fix.

The fact that cilla's whoring out poor Ryan's life story for sympathy and clicks.

I'm horrified that a social worker approved her family to adopt again and more so at the folks who will fork over their $$ to enable her to do so.

January 5, 2017
12:23 am
the smell of sanctimony in the morning
Hamcat
Meows: 84
Snarking Since:
May 7, 2015

Thanks for the heads up about "adoptive mothers part deaux". I read through that section today. As a mom to both bio and adopted children I a horrified by all that has been shared by these moms.

January 24, 2017
1:19 pm
the shining bacon of democracy
Cat
Meows: 14
Snarking Since:
April 26, 2014

Grace at Love's Ransom (whom I usually respect tremendously) has posted a request for help with finding a new home for a 10-year-old Bulgarian adoptee. There's just so much wrong: 

* An agency asked for her help in this matter. Really? This is professional behavior?

* The request itself. There is not much detail about the child in the post but I'm sure those who know the family will recognize them and her. A little privacy for the girl? 

* The worst part: "Since Little Girl's adoption, her family has added 4 additional children to the family by birth and one by adoption. At this time, her family indicates that Little Girl's needs have exceeded their ability to care for her in the most effective way."

The child was adopted *four years* ago.

Well. If you adopt a child with significant needs and you – like most people – only have limited resources, you do *not* add five children in four years. Maybe the biological children were quadruplets and the adopted child is a bio-sibling of the girl in question? But yeah, probably not…  

sfun_deadhorseangry

I'm sorry but why should I withhold judgement here? This is just terrible… 

January 24, 2017
1:59 pm
FrizzyFryFro
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1153
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2013

Does anyone here think that Christine of Smiles & Trials will adopt again? Now that a couple of kids are out of the house I think she'll get the itch again.uh

January 25, 2017
7:22 pm
chickaboomboom
Cat
Meows: 47
Snarking Since:
June 20, 2014

FrizzyFryFro meowed
Does anyone here think that Christine of Smiles & Trials will adopt again? Now that a couple of kids are out of the house I think she'll get the itch again.uh

Lord I hope not. I think she alluded to (or maybe even flat-out stated) the fact that they were seriously overwhelmed after adopting Natalie. Her needs certainly stressed out the parents and she was so glad that they didn't go for a second child on that trip. Also, her last blog was entitled something like 18 kids and not counting. I think they're done and she'll be busy being grandma to Julia's babies. And speaking of. I understand some people get married young. But holy hell. How is Christine okay with her 18-year-old babies off to marry so quickly? others-221 I guess golden daughter Julia doesn't need a college education like golden child Adam.

January 25, 2017
8:43 pm
Cindy Mackenzie
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3742
Snarking Since:
November 27, 2012

Didn't Christine get married at 18 or 19? She's only like early 40s and has a bunch of college-aged kids. It's probably totally normal to her.

January 25, 2017
11:28 pm
Snarkastic
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2415
Snarking Since:
January 12, 2013

the shining bacon of democracy meowed
Grace at Love's Ransom (whom I usually respect tremendously) has posted a request for help with finding a new home for a 10-year-old Bulgarian adoptee. There's just so much wrong: 

* An agency asked for her help in this matter. Really? This is professional behavior?

* The request itself. There is not much detail about the child in the post but I'm sure those who know the family will recognize them and her. A little privacy for the girl? 

* The worst part: "Since Little Girl's adoption, her family has added 4 additional children to the family by birth and one by adoption. At this time, her family indicates that Little Girl's needs have exceeded their ability to care for her in the most effective way."

The child was adopted *four years* ago.

Well. If you adopt a child with significant needs and you – like most people – only have limited resources, you do *not* add five children in four years. Maybe the biological children were quadruplets and the adopted child is a bio-sibling of the girl in question? But yeah, probably not…  

sfun_deadhorseangry

I'm sorry but why should I withhold judgement here? This is just terrible… 

This is heartbreaking. You don't just get to change your mind when you find an easier option. 

January 27, 2017
12:47 pm
FrizzyFryFro
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1153
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2013

chickaboomboom meowed

FrizzyFryFro meowed

Lord I hope not. I think she alluded to (or maybe even flat-out stated) the fact that they were seriously overwhelmed after adopting Natalie. Her needs certainly stressed out the parents and she was so glad that they didn't go for a second child on that trip. Also, her last blog was entitled something like 18 kids and not counting. I think they're done and she'll be busy being grandma to Julia's babies. And speaking of. I understand some people get married young. But holy hell. How is Christine okay with her 18-year-old babies off to marry so quickly? others-221 I guess golden daughter Julia doesn't need a college education like golden child Adam.

Since I'm on the speculation train – do you think Christine's kids will adopt? I'm betting that none of them have more than 4 kids.

January 27, 2017
4:41 pm
puka dogs
Hamcat
Meows: 59
Snarking Since:
August 28, 2014

CaptainAardvark meowed

Pizzaandchill meowed

Cilla morse announced that they will adopt a new girl. And of course a funding page was shared already

I am from Germany and I only came to this forum because I saw Ryan on Facebook and thought he was adorable so I googled his moms name to find out more about them and it led me here.

But after I read about all this families collecting.. er.. adopting kids in the name of God it worries me, that the morses want to add another child ( i think again with special needs)

Cilla can't afford medical expenses (current and previously incurred) for the adoptive kids she's already got (Ryan of Bulgaria and Russian Kenzie)… and her house that had major water damage that she can't afford to fix.

The fact that cilla's whoring out poor Ryan's life story for sympathy and clicks.

I'm horrified that a social worker approved her family to adopt again and more so at the folks who will fork over their $$ to enable her to do so.

She has posted that she will need an additional $1500 for her home study because her agency is requiring an oversight agency on her home study. This is probably because Ryan's story has received a lot of news coverage. There are over 50k people who like his fb page now. It would be nice if all agencies granting approval to large or soon to be large families of SN kids used a second oversight agency to make sure families are really prepared for more kids.

January 27, 2017
5:02 pm
puka dogs
Hamcat
Meows: 59
Snarking Since:
August 28, 2014

Susanna has started blogging again at The Blessings of Verity.

She is mostly advocating for other adoptive families. She also has a post with pics of a party celebrating the one year anniversary of Josie joining her forever family.

January 28, 2017
1:31 am
nurselee
Kitten
Meows: 5
Snarking Since:
April 14, 2016

Redemption Whispers is whining about China telling her she couldn't add a second child to her adoption because she has more than 10 children, including the adopted kid. Apparently this is "unfair".

Not sure how it's unfair when some of those kids literally live in homes with less than that and more than 2 caregivers in China, and that's supposed to be hell on earth for them. Why do you think that adding kids to an already overcrowded family with only two parents who are super overwhelmed with a lot of children's medical issues is a better life? I don't even get this thinking. Like I'm not saying the orphanage is awesome, but going to a family like that sounds to be about the same, if not worse.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.