:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Large Family on Purpose
January 12, 2017
2:25 am
Anaemic Poop-Topped Waffles
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 367
Snarking Since:
May 8, 2015
Formerly Shapeless Fundie Sacks, *smile* *wink* *puke* #blowjobsforjesus
January 12, 2017
7:42 am
Gusset
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1069
Snarking Since:
October 20, 2012

I am surprised that Erika does not mention checking kids' homeworks as one of her job ? dead
I mean around where I live, it is pretty usual for parents (of young kids) to sit with the kiddo each evening anf ask what needs to be learned or if help is needed somewhere etc.
The minimum would be asking if the kid got any new grade (and show the paper piece)… ?

Don't you still need to show some interest (in what your kid does at school) even if he is not home schooled anymore…

January 12, 2017
1:19 pm
Spoons for Boob Selfies
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2490
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2012

Haven't read the post yet, but I am always ALWAYS fond of people who are self-righteous about one of their decisions, and then seem to completely forget how much shit-talking they did in regards to it when their situation or perspective changes. BIG FAN.

January 12, 2017
1:26 pm
iliketurtles
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1304
Snarking Since:
February 3, 2014

IMO her post makes it clear that it wasn't her choice, or at least her desire, to put the kids in school and that she won't discuss why.  Soooo I wonder what the reason is behind this? She doesn't seem to be working outside the home.  

January 12, 2017
5:15 pm
Anaemic Poop-Topped Waffles
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 367
Snarking Since:
May 8, 2015

Maybe something happened to Bob, like possibly his business started failing or something and he had to take a job with a company i.e. not be self-employed anymore. Maybe one of the kids has special needs of some kind that just weren't being met properly with Erika's homeschool.
Who knows. Erika better tell fairly soon…

Formerly Shapeless Fundie Sacks, *smile* *wink* *puke* #blowjobsforjesus
January 12, 2017
5:42 pm
Get the Most Outta Ya Womb While Ya Can!
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 630
Snarking Since:
November 11, 2014

Oh my goodness, I really want to know what all of those "circumstances" are.  popcorn

With regards to homework, she has time on her "example" schedule for supervising kid's music practice, homework, and finish dinner prep, so I kind of assume that she's be helping with that.

I also want to know what public school gets out at 1:00 every Friday!  Is that a new thing some places?

Previously everythingistaken
January 12, 2017
5:47 pm
Monroe House for Jesus & Photography
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2869
Snarking Since:
August 14, 2012

Maybe they aren't passing their annual exams (they have to take something right?) there must be some sort of regulation on how many kids one person can homeschool at a time – when those kids span all grade levels there literally might not be enough hours to attend to each one as lawfully required. I definitely got the impression that this wasn't her idea – but it sounds like ALL kids are in school now not even just the youngest ones or oldest ones. Maybe she somehow lost her creditation as a homeschooler (you need to be approved somehow I'm sure). Who knows.

January 12, 2017
6:24 pm
Spoons for Boob Selfies
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2490
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2012

Get the Most Outta Ya Womb While Ya Can! meowed
Oh my goodness, I really want to know what all of those "circumstances" are.  popcorn

With regards to homework, she has time on her "example" schedule for supervising kid's music practice, homework, and finish dinner prep, so I kind of assume that she's be helping with that.

I also want to know what public school gets out at 1:00 every Friday!  Is that a new thing some places?

My kids' school gets out at 12:45 on Fridays. It's pretty typical in most school systems (particularly for elementary school) for one early release day a week now, since start times are generally earlier.

January 12, 2017
8:19 pm
iliketurtles
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1304
Snarking Since:
February 3, 2014

Monroe House For Jesus My quote button isn't working.  Do they live in WA state?  I can't remember.  Anyway, I was wondering if it was something like that as well.  Some type of state intervention.  But, you'd be surprised how VERY little regulation there is of homeschooling in a lot of states.  I'm not sure about where they live; all of my experience is in southern states.

January 12, 2017
11:37 pm
Gusset
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1069
Snarking Since:
October 20, 2012

Also Erika doesn't mention anything about getting the kids back into homeschooling… So the "circumstances" may be… permanent ? I think we can rule out the "putting the kids into public school so that Erika goes back to work to get money".

I am left with :

1. Husband made the decision,
  2. or the state started to investigate the kids situation
  3. (the parents are not divorcing…. aren't they ?)
January 12, 2017
11:52 pm
ChefTrixie
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
October 26, 2016

How can she possibly work with that schedule she posted? Help me understand what I'm missing. I've always worked full time except for 4 months after each of my 2 babies.

January 13, 2017
4:52 am
Her anus took umbrage
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 266
Snarking Since:
November 20, 2014

Wow, she's getting slammed in the comment section of that post. People are PISSED that she's put the kids into public school and they want answers as to why lol. Oh no! What an absolute tragedy! The kids are in public school! *Gasp* *Grimace* *Shakes head disappointedly* Don't you know what they will be exposed to there? I lol'd at that comment.

January 13, 2017
9:57 am
Get the Most Outta Ya Womb While Ya Can!
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 630
Snarking Since:
November 11, 2014

Spoons for Boob Selfies – Interesting!  None of the school districts around me do that so it seemed really unusual.

Previously everythingistaken
↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMI's Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMI. GOMI makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.