:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Gilmore Girls
December 21, 2016
10:22 pm
Real Life Taylor Swift Album
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2513
Snarking Since:
February 23, 2012

I assumed it was Lorelai the first, aka Gran, Richard's mother. We know she didn't like Emily. But that was a strange little fragment of a plot line that got lost somewhere along the way.

(Formerly known as Hope It Helps, formerly formerly known as Noodle)
December 22, 2016
8:59 am
thisisbs
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 768
Snarking Since:
June 22, 2012

HomeGoods Target HomeGoods Target HomeGoods meowed
You know what the worst part was to me? It didn't FEEL like Gilmore Girls. I guess what I was expecting was that this would feel like a 90 minute episode of the regular series. So yeah, they would cover a lot of ground time-wise, but the overall feel would be the same.

But the feel was off. 

It didn't FEEL like Gilmore Girls. And maybe that's on me for expecting it to be. It's hard to do a whole thing in 4 episodes. I acknowledge that. But I didn't think they'd pull a million dance numbers and various other "jokes" in there to compensate.

This.. I'm only in Spring and I'm like WTF did they do to this show?! I'm a huge fan.. had all the DVDs and rewatched them several times.

All these cameos (Rachel Ray?!) and AB's awful acting (I guess I never noticed it so much) but Winter didnt really impress me enough that I had to watch Spring. I only did it because there was nothing left on my DVR to watch..

I dont blame Netflix for scooping this up, they knew the hype would be huge and clearly a lot of people wanted to be in on the show but it didn't capture the essence of GG.

December 22, 2016
10:45 am
I LOVE YOU DENNIS WEAVER!
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 8363
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

Real Life Taylor Swift Album meowed
I assumed it was Lorelai the first, aka Gran, Richard's mother. We know she didn't like Emily. But that was a strange little fragment of a plot line that got lost somewhere along the way.

I assumed it was Trix as well but if so, but wouldn't Emily know the difference in handwriting? I can't remember how old Lorelai was supposed to have been when the letter was written but she is older than I am and we didn't really have things type written on the regular until I was in college (to be fair, I'm from a small not very progressive [yet blue!] state). 

I will say that when Lore was doing Wild and she called her mom and started with "it was my 13th birthday" that she was going to confess to having written the letter. I loved her story about her dad though.

I'm almost through with rewatching the series and I'd forgotten what happened with Luke and Lorelai the first time they were engaged. I have to say, she is VERY lucky he gave her a second chance considering she had sex with Christopher the night she ended things. It would have been shitty no matter who she slept with but Christopher was a huge slap in the face, especially considering he is the one she went to when she didn't want to be alone. 

Formerly Delusions of Adequacy // It's ooober
December 22, 2016
1:05 pm
under a smallpox moon
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3247
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2012

Snarknado meowed

a hedgehog in uncle sams pants meowed
Emily telling off the DAR!!! The only way that could have been any better was if she wiped out the coffee service, but the way it was was perfect. Kelly Bishop is a treasure. 

I was SO hoping Emily was going to crumble her cookie across the floor as she walked out. dancinglemon

//
//
//
//

I thought she was going to just drop the rest of the cookie on the floor. I kind of wish she had.

Formerly Inspired Eyebrows
January 10, 2017
12:31 pm
thisisbs
Senior Hamcat
Snarking Since:
June 22, 2012

so, I finally finished all 4 episodes…did I miss something?! did the series end with Rory saying she was pregnant?! does that mean there will be more episodes?!

also, really Paris running a fertility clinic?! that seemed odd af!

January 10, 2017
12:43 pm
Fetch
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1873
Snarking Since:
November 5, 2012

thisisbs meowed
so, I finally finished all 4 episodes…did I miss something?! did the series end with Rory saying she was pregnant?! does that mean there will be more episodes?!

They're saying there are no plans for more episodes, to get us all to beg and build hype.

As for Paris, I thought the same at first, but now I'm re-watching the original series (almost done!) and it's so perfectly Paris to become a doctor and build a fertility empire. I'm glad they steered away from the more boring options, like brilliant surgeon or cutthroat lawyer. 

January 10, 2017
1:22 pm
HomeGoods Target HomeGoods Target HomeGoods
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 691
Snarking Since:
December 13, 2013

thisisbs meowed

I can't remember if I mentioned my theory here, or in person when discussing the show with friends. But anyway…

My theory on this is that Paris and Doyle used a surrogate to have the twins. Not necessarily because Paris couldn't get pregnant, but because she didn't want to. And when she saw the money that was being made hand over fist, she decided to get in there and perfect it herself. (Remnants of the SAT prep tutoring service she started over the summer before senior year, rather than work for another prep and make less money.)

It's so totally Paris to take something super emotional and personal and make it a cash cow instead. LOL

January 10, 2017
1:37 pm
thisisbs
Senior Hamcat
Snarking Since:
June 22, 2012

Fetch meowed

thisisbs meowed

They're saying there are no plans for more episodes, to get us all to beg and build hype.

Has GG even made the news since its release?! I mean, they really hyped up the revival and it just left me so disappointed. I dont even know if I would want more episodes. Although I will fully admit, I would eventually watch them but I didn't devour them the way I used to devour the DVDs.

January 10, 2017
1:41 pm
I LOVE YOU DENNIS WEAVER!
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 8363
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

thisisbs meowed

I can't remember if I mentioned my theory here, or in person when discussing the show with friends. But anyway…

My theory on this is that Paris and Doyle used a surrogate to have the twins. Not necessarily because Paris couldn't get pregnant, but because she didn't want to. And when she saw the money that was being made hand over fist, she decided to get in there and perfect it herself. (Remnants of the SAT prep tutoring service she started over the summer before senior year, rather than work for another prep and make less money.)

It's so totally Paris to take something super emotional and personal and make it a cash cow instead. LOL

I love this theory! Paris wanted to be a doctor but just sick people freaked her out so I can totally see her being freaked out by the idea of carrying her own kids! And of course, the Paris Gellar way is the only way! 

Formerly Delusions of Adequacy // It's ooober
January 11, 2017
3:24 pm
picklesthedrummer
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 807
Snarking Since:
July 13, 2014

I just read Lauren Graham's latest book where she talks about the revival. It seems like everything happened so last minute with Netflix and WB signing off on the show, the filming, etc. to where I can understand why parts just fell flat. I mean, think about it. It had been SO long since anyone played their GG characters and then they just had to ramp it up and be perfect for a very short period of time. I wish they could have put more time into it and had gotten it right. Lauren said something along the lines of "it felt like home, but just a little bit off" which seemed pretty accurate. 

January 12, 2017
10:53 am
thisisbs
Senior Hamcat
Snarking Since:
June 22, 2012

picklesthedrummer meowed
I just read Lauren Graham's latest book where she talks about the revival. It seems like everything happened so last minute with Netflix and WB signing off on the show, the filming, etc. to where I can understand why parts just fell flat. I mean, think about it. It had been SO long since anyone played their GG characters and then they just had to ramp it up and be perfect for a very short period of time. I wish they could have put more time into it and had gotten it right. Lauren said something along the lines of "it felt like home, but just a little bit off" which seemed pretty accurate. 

smiley-signs064sha_clap2 absolutely…. 

January 12, 2017
11:01 am
under a smallpox moon
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3247
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2012

I LOVE YOU DENNIS WEAVER! meowed

thisisbs meowed

I love this theory! Paris wanted to be a doctor but just sick people freaked her out so I can totally see her being freaked out by the idea of carrying her own kids! And of course, the Paris Gellar way is the only way! 

I thought it made sense, plus she's in a position where she can come and go at the fertility clinic and still have things running smoothly. Not that Paris would do that, but she could. 

I have to say though, I was really upset that Paris and Doyle split up, though he was at the house when he facetimed Rory in a later episode so maybe the reconciled. 

I've read so many comments that are trying to rationalize Rory's pregnancy. Like she's a surrogate for Paris and it's not really her baby. Um, the whole revival centered around Rory's life falling apart and her becoming increasingly irresponsible. It's Logan's baby. Rory is going to be a single mother. 

Formerly Inspired Eyebrows
January 17, 2017
12:46 pm
human-like hands
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 619
Snarking Since:
November 15, 2013

Lorelai and Luke to adopt Rory's baby perhaps? 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.