:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Real Housewives
January 11, 2017
3:55 pm
Stalker in a Bow Tie
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4574
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2011

That's a really good point about their ages. Why not get some twenty- or thirty-something women on the show, maybe even some who have yet to have children? A newlywed? An engaged woman who is planning a lavish wedding? I almost hate to even say that because I don't want to be ageist, and I'm certainly not against watching women in their forties and fifties (and older) – but maybe having a younger cast would breathe new life into the show… I think we've just been there, done that with this current cast. Is Pantygate really the most interesting thing they can come up with? boring I don't want to see manufactured fighting for the sake of drama; I think it could be a great show even without much conflict. Call me crazy, but why can't we have a cast that gets along well and just does fancy shit together all the time? Where's the glitz and glam? This is Beverly Hills for crying out loud and it's easily the most boring of the franchise! If the show was less about fighting and more about glamour, they'd probably attract more respectable and interesting people to sign on; as it is, they mostly seem to attract trashy people who don't mind being portrayed in a bad light at least some of the time for the sake of being on TV.

Agreed that LVP's sense of humor is tired. I wouldn't say it's "British" (like she does); it's simply passive aggressive. She says things in a "joking" way so then if someone gets offended, she can put it on them and say they're too sensitive and "can't take a joke." It's an immature and manipulative way of communicating. go_away

January 11, 2017
4:19 pm
Pad Thai
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 296
Snarking Since:
February 7, 2012

When they try to bring young people on they are usually pretty boring. Megan King Edmond, Kristen in NY, Dorit. Maybe if the whole cast was younger? On Orange County I always thought it seemed so forced Megan hanging out with that group who were all much older than her. 

January 11, 2017
4:33 pm
pretend its something funny
Hamcat
Meows: 56
Snarking Since:
January 8, 2015

Can't quote. Stalker in a Bow Tie – totally agree with you! It could be an interesting show if it just showed the glitz and glam. I'd rather watch that than watch older women fight. I'm pretty low key myself so I struggle to understand women can have "friends" like that. I'd much rather see a bunch of actual friends living their fancy lives. Also agree about LVP's humor. She's just being extremely passive aggressive. I'm over her and Ken.

January 11, 2017
6:24 pm
EmLaur
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 549
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

I'd love to see a young cast that are actually friends and actually get along. You could see them get married, have kids, be there for each other through ups and downs, etc. sure, there will be natural conflicts along the way too. I love books and movies about enduring female friendships, I think a lot of people do. Maybe that's too boring for bravo, but I am sick of older women creating drama to stay relevant.

Im glad other people agree about LVPs humor. Besides the passive aggression, I'm also sick to death about her crappy sexual inuendo jokes. You can see them coming a mile away and they're so tired. Someone gets a new car and you know Lisa is going to be like "Gearshift? I haven't touched Ken's gearshift since his birthday." rolleyes

January 12, 2017
1:29 am
Side Vag Got Me Banned from Mamamia
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1081
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2012

Oh god no,  young woman getting married and having kids would be such a yawn fest drool

The less kids on the show the better. I like having an older cast. 

I like Kim. Rinna has bee an absolute b***h to her and gotten away with it.  We could do with Rinna and Eileen taking a hike actually. Not sure why they are still there.

Formerly Serenity Now-Insanity Later
January 12, 2017
8:11 am
Little Broom On The Prairie
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2706
Snarking Since:
December 16, 2013

Pretty much all TV shows, movies, etc, are geared towards the young, us oldsters are forgotten. Amazingly, I'm in my late 40s, and still feel relevant in life! ;) (I'm teasing.)

I don't think it's an age thing, it just seems like a Bravo staging stupid scenes and giving them bad dialogue thing. It would happen with any age group.

We've discussed before — the early years of the shows were so much better. It wasn't all manufactured drama … the women were actual friends irl, and we got a look at how they live. Now it's the same formula:

Bring in strangers, the more controversial, the better.
Set up dinners, game nights, lunches.
Send them on ladies-only vacations.
Edit the hell out of scenes to stir shit up, and choose one lady to get the worst edit each season.

That's it. Every franchise is the same show, just different faces. Of course the players aren't innocents, either–they know more drama equals more air time, and probably more pay.

January 12, 2017
8:57 am
Stalker in a Bow Tie
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4574
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2011

Side Vag Got Me Banned from Mamamia meowed

Oh god no,  young woman getting married and having kids would be such a yawn fest drool

Is Atlanta a yawn fest? Was Bethenny boring her first couple seasons on RHONY? chin (I don't think so at all.)

I think more than having an older or younger cast, they mostly just need a cast who are actually friends, not frenemies during filming only.

January 12, 2017
9:07 am
Little Broom On The Prairie
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2706
Snarking Since:
December 16, 2013

Atlanta has been my favorite for a while, mainly because I love their senses of humor about everything. Shit goes down, but they don't seem to treat it like life or death if they don't like each other or have a fight. I just like them all for different reasons, and enjoy watching.

But: how the hell does Sheree have so much money?! I've never figured that out.

January 12, 2017
9:38 am
GreyToeTattoo
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 330
Snarking Since:
May 20, 2015

I like Kim. Rinna has bee an absolute b***h to her and gotten away with it.  We could do with Rinna and Eileen taking a hike actually. Not sure why they are still there.

Totally agree. Rinna needs to stay out of Kim's business, in the previews for next week she is meddling again – this time spreading rumors about Kim being close to death. If she really truly cared she would be talking to Kyle or Kim face to face, not spreading rumors to randoms.

Also – Rinna and Eileen always want everyone to "own" it but Eileen refuses to own the fact that she was flat out the Other Woman and her husband cheated on his wife with her. Come on.

January 12, 2017
10:30 am
bloggerhogger
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 246
Snarking Since:
September 5, 2012

Rinna needs to reign herself back but I appreciate the realness in her friendship with Eileen and it is practically the only part of the show that doesnt seem forced to me. I wouldnt mind keeping them if they got rid of LVP, Doritos, and I cant even remember who else is in the cast? Kyle can probably go to. A great cast would be Camille, Eden, Rinna, Eileen, Erika and two new people… I would love if Tori Spelling came on. She's crazy enough to fit in and lord knows she needs the money.

January 12, 2017
11:07 am
Korren
Hamcat
Meows: 98
Snarking Since:
May 26, 2013

Atlanta has been my favorite for a while, mainly because I love their senses of humor about everything. Shit goes down, but they don't seem to treat it like life or death if they don't like each other or have a fight. I just like them all for different reasons, and enjoy watching.

But: how the hell does Sheree have so much money?! I've never figured that out.

Oh man. Phaedra has gotten completely down and dirty on Kandi recently.  And I'm liking that Kandi is DONE being quiet while Phaedra keeps throwing shade.

Also, not a Kenya Moore fan, but did anyone see her on WWL?  She was damn funny and I actually appreciated her snarky humor. Defending Moore Manor with a gun?! And right proud of it.

Agree on Sheree.  I don't get it either.

Re RHOBH, I am loving Kim this season.  I'm so happy for her being a grandma and you can tell it brings her such joy and I think it's given her new purpose.  Dorit is soooo dumb and PK is disgusting.  She can't keep her own stupidity straight.  Sick of #pantygate, love that Erika says nothing, ever.  Not digging Eden Sassoon. The armchair psychology is inappropriate.  Rinna can just stop too. Oh, and ordinarily Team Eileen, but good god woman, just give it a rest.  Stop fricken trying to get apologies when you feel you've been slighted.

January 12, 2017
5:37 pm
Side Vag Got Me Banned from Mamamia
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1081
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2012

Stalker in a Bow Tie meowed

Is Atlanta a yawn fest? Was Bethenny boring her first couple seasons on RHONY? chin (I don't think so at all.)

I think more than having an older or younger cast, they mostly just need a cast who are actually friends, not frenemies during filming only.

Actually I wouldn't know as Beverly Hills is the only city I have really watched oregonian_winesmiley

I am looking for a new city to latch on to so any suggestions would be great.  I am in love with BH ( I think it's partly the lavish lifestyle that fascinates me), don't care for New Jersey and have watched part of season 5 of OC and have found it a bit boring and pedestrian.

Formerly Serenity Now-Insanity Later
January 13, 2017
9:49 am
Harris Trinsky
Hamcat
Meows: 108
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2014

Stalker in a Bow Tie meowed

Actually I wouldn't know as Beverly Hills is the only city I have really watched oregonian_winesmiley

I am looking for a new city to latch on to so any suggestions would be great.  I am in love with BH ( I think it's partly the lavish lifestyle that fascinates me), don't care for New Jersey and have watched part of season 5 of OC and have found it a bit boring and pedestrian.

I've been watching New York from the beginning and it's soooo good. Season 3 is CRAZY. There are so many interesting personalities on that show — Bethenny, LuAnn, Sonja, Ramona, Jill, Kelly… Highly recommend!

If you like lavish lifestyles, also check out Ladies of London. They are filthy rich and it's very posh.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.