:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Santa Clarita Diet
February 8, 2017
11:48 pm
HomeGoods Target HomeGoods Target HomeGoods
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 691
Snarking Since:
December 13, 2013

Watched it in two days. Perfect snackable length episodes. I'm so very much not okay with normal gory-horror shows (The Walking Dead seems like the worst thing ever to me.) So I was a little concerned. But mostly, it's very obvious when something gross is about to happen and I just close my eyes and let the dialogue take me away.

Only thing I want to know that was left untouched was HOW it happened. I get they're looking for how to cure it, and maybe as they do that, they will discover how. But she was specific that she didn't get bit. So…??

February 13, 2017
1:38 am
Angelle
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 513
Snarking Since:
March 21, 2014

I wanted to know how it happened, too. I'll have to watch the beginning again, to see if they mentioned any cuts. On another show (iZombie), some are infected by a scratch.

I really liked it, and wish they'd given us more episodes, since they were so short. It killed my appetite, though. I had to wait a while, before eating something.

February 13, 2017
12:55 pm
katwoman92
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 272
Snarking Since:
December 3, 2013

Loving the positive reviews.  This show doesn't sound like my jam, but was probably going to watch anyway because… Timothy Olyphant. I've lusted after him since Deadwood.  Will definitely give it a watch now.

February 13, 2017
1:03 pm
peanutella
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 504
Snarking Since:
April 21, 2013

It's a fun show. I'm loving the daughter and the neighbour boy, he's adorable. And Timothy Olyphant can get it.

February 13, 2017
2:35 pm
Fetch
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1869
Snarking Since:
November 5, 2012

I'm pretty middle of the road on Drew (love her in some things, not so much in others) and she's great in this. Not to mention, it's very much an ensemble cast, and the others are all great. 

I was visiting family and we binge watched it on Friday. It's hilarious and campy and I love it. The daughter and neighbor kid are great. The cop neighbors are great. It's very well-done for mindless laughing!

February 13, 2017
3:01 pm
GodsMonroeInvestmentProperty
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3480
Snarking Since:
January 29, 2014

I thought Drew was completely and utterly adorable in this. The plot is kinda so-so (like the hole mentioned about how it happened), imo, but the casting was PERFECT. Perfect weekend binge.

February 13, 2017
4:22 pm
smells like tonsil stones
Hamcat
Meows: 60
Snarking Since:
November 10, 2012

Timothy Olyphant… so dreamy. I love this show. The neighbor kid is my absolute fave. His comedic timing and awkwardness is perfect. 

drunk

ByTheSeatofmyCats
February 16, 2017
6:38 pm
EmLaur
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 635
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

Binged all 10 episodes during a long flight. I liked it, but agree that there wasn't enough of a before and after of Sheila's personality change. Love the boy next door, he makes the show in a lot of ways.

[SPOILERS AHEAD]
The last episode had a few things that were kind of WTF to me. Like Abby injecting herseld with the cure. No one would do that! Who knows what could happen. Plus, it's not easy to make, and she just wasted it. Also, the doctor just leaving that priceless book with two teenagers? Come on.

Overall I liked it (it is gross though).

Best line ever: "You're not a squid. You're a boy, who smells like a baby!" rofl

February 17, 2017
1:22 pm
so much ham
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4808
Snarking Since:
July 9, 2012

I got 5 minutes into this show and thought it was really cute and hilarious. Got 10 minutes in and almost lost my lunch. That vomiting scene was so foul. puke

I might give it another try though. Just not while I'm eating. 

February 17, 2017
3:00 pm
elevated butthole
Cat
Meows: 14
Snarking Since:
June 10, 2013

so much ham meowed
I got 5 minutes into this show and thought it was really cute and hilarious. Got 10 minutes in and almost lost my lunch. That vomiting scene was so foul. puke

I might give it another try though. Just not while I'm eating. 

I had a hard time with the vomiting scene too, bonus was I had it downloaded to watch at the gym. Nothing like gagging repeatedly while on the treadmill. dead

There is only the 2 scenes like that, her initial puking on the carpet then the bathroom one. 

I am 4 episodes in and I love it, so funny. I agree that we could have had some more time with boring Sheila but the neighbors are doing a good job telling us how boring she was, same with the family.

February 20, 2017
2:59 pm
smells like tonsil stones
Hamcat
Meows: 60
Snarking Since:
November 10, 2012

We watched and rewatched the vomit scene like 10 times. I don't know why, maybe because she was in mid-sentence and it just came out and didn't stop – we laughed harder each time we watched it. 

ByTheSeatofmyCats
February 24, 2017
1:16 pm
deranged and extra stupid organism
Hamcat
Meows: 162
Snarking Since:
February 10, 2015

I made it to the scene where she chomps on the realtor guy's fingers. I get queasy just thinking about it. 

aka snark-a-lark
February 25, 2017
11:30 am
Slim Shady
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 665
Snarking Since:
October 12, 2014

deranged and extra stupid organism meowed
I made it to the scene where she chomps on the realtor guy's fingers. I get queasy just thinking about it. 

^ Me too!!! I totally peaced OUT when this happened. I'm sorry. I love Drew but this show is baaaaaad. So-so writing, REALLY poor casting, horrid wardrobe, horrible production value- looks cheap and badly shot. Super disappointing. others-221

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.