:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Ben Does Life / Ben Walks America
November 14, 2016
6:02 am
Raging Inrection
Hamcat
Meows: 183
Snarking Since:
March 6, 2014

I would say pretty close to zero. The book's website still states that the book would ship on October 27th. If he's too lazy to update the page, it's hard to imagine him actually doing the work needed to ship the books.

November 14, 2016
7:29 pm
superheisel
Cat
Meows: 44
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2016

just further proof that this stunt is no different than anything else this guy has done.  a slick way to scam people out of their hard earned money so he could just do something that he wanted to do.  at least with the do life crap people were inspired to change their life.  this is just a money grab.  and a lazy one at that.

November 15, 2016
10:43 am
MattsSoRaven
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2016

I wonder what he's been doing all this time. He said that he wasn't getting a job because he was using the money to focus on his health and the book and now it's November 15th and… have the books been shipped? Who knows. You would think that if they were, we'd get an Instagram post about it.

I feel bad for the people who "pre ordered" right away. It's my understanding that Paypal doesn't let you sell preorders if the product isn't scheduled for release within 30 days, so when they paid, the transaction was final. Even if the book never comes, I wonder if they would be able to get a refund?

In other news, check out Caribou Legs: https://www.facebook.com/carboulegs1 He's running across Canada to honour and raise awareness of missing and murdered Indigenous women.  How much easier is it to get on board with that than Ben's "I wanted to take 6 months off and f**k my way across America" Tour?

November 16, 2016
7:43 pm
superheisel
Cat
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2016

MattsSoRaven meowed 
I feel bad for the people who "pre ordered" right away. It's my understanding that Paypal doesn't let you sell preorders if the product isn't scheduled for release within 30 days, so when they paid, the transaction was final. Even if the book never comes, I wonder if they would be able to get a refund?

some have already started to comment on one of his most recent posts asking where the books are.  no replies from ben.  if you don't have a real job, how hard is it to put down the ice cream and video games long enough to stuff envelopes with a few books?

November 16, 2016
10:26 pm
Betty Cruikshank
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1252
Snarking Since:
October 31, 2013

superheisel meowed

MattsSoRaven meowed 

some have already started to comment on one of his most recent posts asking where the books are.  no replies from ben.  if you don't have a real job, how hard is it to put down the ice cream and video games long enough to stuff envelopes with a few books?

He must be taking tips on how to run a successful business from Shauna Ahern aka Gluten Free Girl!

November 17, 2016
4:55 pm
allycake
Kitten
Meows: 1
Snarking Since:
November 17, 2016
November 18, 2016
3:02 pm
LongTimeReadr
Kitten
Meows: 1
Snarking Since:
November 18, 2016

'BenDoesLife.com is for sale' 

Well, I have to be honest; I didn't see that twist coming.

November 19, 2016
11:16 am
Sucks to your Assmar
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 673
Snarking Since:
July 15, 2014

LongTimeReadr meowed

I'm pretty sure he never used that website. He's been exclusively on tumblr as far as I know.

November 19, 2016
6:23 pm
Beast of the Month
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1550
Snarking Since:
September 23, 2011

Sucks to your Assmar meowed

LongTimeReadr meowed

I'm pretty sure he never used that website. He's been exclusively on tumblr as far as I know.

Pretty sure that domain used to go to his tumblr. The banner image of his tumblr is BenDoesLife.com.

November 20, 2016
7:02 am
Sucks to your Assmar
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 673
Snarking Since:
July 15, 2014

Beast of the Month meowed

Sucks to your Assmar meowed

LongTimeReadr meowed

Pretty sure that domain used to go to his tumblr. The banner image of his tumblr is BenDoesLife.com.

Interesting…I wonder why he's selling it? I mean, he hardly ever uses instagram or his tumblr. But how is he supposed to con people into buying his next book if he gets rid of them?

November 20, 2016
8:19 am
superheisel
Cat
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2016

it looks like he has scrubbed his tumblr of some old info too.  no banners about his old accomplishments, links to that cheesy video.

he also deleted comments on his insta from people who had purchased his book a long time ago and wanted to know where it was.

imagine how messed up this dudes life is if he cant even be honest about why his little book was delayed in getting shipped

November 20, 2016
5:56 pm
SoAverageSoBrave
Hamcat
Meows: 123
Snarking Since:
January 19, 2012

I doubt he has a legit reason why he took so long to finish the book, other than, "You dummies already paid me for it, so what's the rush?"

I wonder if he sold BenDoesLife.com because he's planning on rebranding his online presence. I think he hit the limits of weight loss-based grifting.

November 20, 2016
7:35 pm
Mazel Tov Cocktail
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2850
Snarking Since:
June 19, 2015

The more likely explanation is he just didn't pay to renew the domain name. He either forgot, or didn't want to spend the money, or just didn't have the money. But who knows.

Now with 30% more sanctimony!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.