:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Kickin' butt at sucking at everything - New HTP Thread
March 6, 2013
1:28 pm
BeanyMalone
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1351
Snarking Since:
April 12, 2012

iknew said

BaconRunner said

ayjee said

KAS said

SoButteryGood said
Her latest post could have been called "Ten Blog Posts That Equal Reasons Why SoButteryGood Hates HTP" and it would have basically been the same post.  Personally, I would have titled it "4,284 Blog Posts That Equal Reasons Why SoButteryGood Hates HTP" but that is just me.

Or, "Ten Reasons Why I Think I'm Awesome!"  I own a business!  My husband's a doctor!  I had a natural* childbirth!  I'm a motherrunner!

*except for the interventions I don't count since *I* really needed them

Seriously, how braggy can she get?

Also known as how I squeezed a human being out of my vagina without an epidural.  Awesome.

Want a gold sticker for that one, Caitlin? I'm sure Henry will be forever grateful that you 'squeezed him out' med-free. Perhaps he can even forgive you for half-assing so many things after that.

Oh Jesus H. Christ, I'm sick of martyrmothers that brag about not using epidurals or birthing in a pool of piss unsupervised or whatever other new age jumbo is the rage. Whatever you do is your own choice, it's your own body. I will lean toward the "better living through pharmaceuticals route" and hit me up with that ole epidural (and unfortunate catheter), assuming I don't have to be knocked out for a c-section. Modern medicine, fuck yeah!

I'm so over using the word vagina. It's almost like she says it for shock value. Why not "out of my uterus" "through my pelvis" etc? I think she has been reading too many teenage chapter books as her vocab is really starting to reflect it. 

Yes. Everybody knows that babies pass through the vagina. No need to specify. We don't need British "doctor" husbands to know basic anatomy.  Plus, I don't like to think of the future mocking Henry will get from his friends when they read that post.

March 6, 2013
1:32 pm
Pumpkin Oatmeal
Cat
Meows: 45
Snarking Since:
November 1, 2012

caitlinhtp at lunch

Found that on CnC's recent post. Is she trying to do the gangster peace sign?

March 6, 2013
2:12 pm
uniquemon
Cat
Meows: 36
Snarking Since:
February 5, 2012

chicmate said
I wish she'd let a comment through asking her why she brings up the natural birth so much and why she's so proud of it. The reason often cited by people like her for having a natural birth is something like "OMG, women have been having natural births since the beginning of time, it's OMG so natural and the way women were supposed to give birth, we're made to give birth naturally" yadda yadda yadda. 

So, if it's OMGsoNatural, what's there to be proud of? If we're made to do it, what's there to be proud of? Having a baby removed from your body in any way is hard freakin work, so if you're doing it the good old fashioned natural way that bazillions of women have been doing since the beginning of time, why bring it up OVER and OVER or even be proud of it?

I think it's because her "accomplishments" are so few and far between that she drags this one out all the time to define her own self worth. Caitlin is ALL about challenges, goals, plans, etc., yet she half asses EVERYTHING. She struggles to complete anything, and she has to spend lots of time justifying to herself and the world why that's okay.

This is one thing she "accomplished", and I use that terms lightly because a.) I do not believe one kind of childbirth is more admirable than another and b.) this is a woman who uses a sticker chart to reward herself for walking her fucking dogs, EVERYTHING is an accomplishment for her. Anyway, it's one thing that in her mind, she didn't flake out on. And it would've been IMPOSSIBLE to flake out on, cuz, uhh… the kid had to be born.

March 6, 2013
2:12 pm
Hand Fruit
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2500
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal said
caitlinhtp at lunch

No, she's showing how many fries she ate.

March 6, 2013
2:20 pm
FlounceCat

Raquel1 said

FlounceCat said

Oh my god, she doesn't even have the people who hire her to speak pay for her hotel, car and food. That's insane!

She was saying how she wished she'd sprung for a more sturdy car, and someone asked if the organizations pay for her expenses:

Caitlin March 6, 2013 at 10:27 am

Naw, I get a flat rate and cover my own expenses.

How sad. I have a friend who is a professional speaker and her hotels and cars are always covered in addition to her speaking fee. No wonder HTP is eating bananas and peanut butter sandwiches.

Whoa. That means that she's not popular enough to be able to demand essentials for her trips. I wonder if these trips are just excuses for her to get away from her family responsibilities rather than real income producers.

Yeah, normally you write a book so that you can then establish yourself as the expert and make real money speaking. Not write a book and then make crap money speaking and have to pay for your own travel, food, car and hotel.

March 6, 2013
2:45 pm
SoButteryGood
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 303
Snarking Since:
January 9, 2013

Hand Fruit said

Pumpkin Oatmeal said
caitlinhtp at lunch

No, she's showing how many fries she ate.

Hahahaha!

As if anyone is going to believe those two ate anything on the table!

March 6, 2013
2:57 pm
Raquel1
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 214
Snarking Since:
January 26, 2013

Pumpkin Oatmeal said
caitlinhtp at lunch

http://i49.tinypic.com/33bis07.png

March 6, 2013
3:59 pm
everythingsflux
Cat
Meows: 13
Snarking Since:
October 23, 2011

spicy yodel said

herpderpsnarf said
spicy yodel, where do you live? I saw you mention Sheetz and I was like NEIGHBOR.

WV and VA.  Live in WV, work in VA. 

Back to those fruit pouches - I hate hotel fruit, it is usually poor quality i.e overripe bananas, mealy apples, tasteless citrus.  I don't always have the ability to wash my hands so I like the pouches because I don't have to actually touch the food.  The pouches are easy to consume when I'm cruising down the road at 70 mph.  I basically live and work out of my car so I may have picked up certain habits/routines along the way which include consuming a handful of fruit pouches over the course of a year.  NBD, IMHO.  If you want to eat healthy on the road, sometimes you have to think outside the box so I don't think HTP's travel eats are too weird…well, except for eating peanut butter banana sandwiches for days on end.

High five! I live in WV in a county bordering VA! Sheetz are the best! (Goes back to lurkdom.)

March 6, 2013
4:27 pm
fenestration

Why the heck is she throwing up the peace? sign like that?  You'd think that since she's so obsessed with her OMGbritish husband she'd know that's their version of the bird.

March 6, 2013
4:45 pm
Plague-Free Pastry
Hamcat
Meows: 129
Snarking Since:
November 29, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal said
caitlinhtp at lunch

She forgot the duckface.

octobot, you can never go wrong with an Empire Records gif.

Also, I gave birth to my daughter with no epidural and I don't think I ever mentioned it until today when at my 6 week appointment my (new) doctor asked if I had one last time. It's just not a thing. Who cares? I think it's super distasteful to say you "squeezed (your son) out of your vagina". Everyone knows how babies are born. Just stop.

March 6, 2013
5:07 pm
hot wings
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1727
Snarking Since:
February 17, 2012

Interesting that she says her husband doesn't perform much acupuncture lately. I assumed that would be a big part of his job.

Does that mean he's mainly forcing expensive herbal cocktails on his clients after diagnosing them with food sensitivities?

March 6, 2013
5:23 pm
Raquel1
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 214
Snarking Since:
January 26, 2013

Why did she link to the Diva Cup post? Did she forget that she's shilling for Kotex these days?

March 6, 2013
5:57 pm
tornado
Hamcat
Meows: 166
Snarking Since:
October 28, 2012

bread wearing an egg coat said

Pumpkin Oatmeal said
caitlinhtp at lunch

She forgot the duckface.

octobot, you can never go wrong with an Empire Records gif.

Also, I gave birth to my daughter with no epidural and I don't think I ever mentioned it until today when at my 6 week appointment my (new) doctor asked if I had one last time. It's just not a thing. Who cares? I think it's super distasteful to say you "squeezed (your son) out of your vagina". Everyone knows how babies are born. Just stop.

Say no more, mon amour.

Coincidentally, bread wearing an egg coat, I also gave birth to my daughter six weeks ago today! Let me give us both six gold stars for giving birth without epidurals, and for taking care of our babies in these past six weeks! eyeroll

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMI's Comment Policy. For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or Get Off My Internets. Get Off My Internets makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.