:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Operation Skinny Jeans
January 2, 2017
8:14 pm
Egg Yoke
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 496
Snarking Since:
December 7, 2012

Pinterest inspired Sonic cup meowed

Who needs a snack just to get through Costco without eating samples?! This just shows how psychological her issue with food really is.

I thought the same thing when I saw that! Most people can politely say "No thanks" to the Costco samples. It is baffling that Jess can't and therefore must snack before going there. It's been said before but she'd be so much better off using the money that she spends on Shakeology and blank planners to find a good therapist.

January 2, 2017
8:26 pm
Avenging Animal
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1599
Snarking Since:
July 18, 2013

IdontsweatIsnarkle meowed

Future Doctor Couture meowed

deletedinstagrampic meowed
You guys have it all wrong. It's Whole 30ISH

That way she can do whatever the f**k she wants, not lose any weight or keep it off, and still call herself a Successful Merwoman.

lmao

She's also starting out this whole 30-ish by making her own ketchup…because Heinz ketchup is definitely the reason she can't lose weight, not all the shit food she's dunking in it. rolleyes

Yeah, I think I would reevaluate my food if I need that much ketchup. Maybe we are the odd family, but even with 4 kids we do not eat a lot of condiments. I don't even put ketchup on my burgers all the time, and that is about the only time we use it.

LOL.  I have to admit I love ketchup.  It is one of my vices.  In fact, french fries are the mechanism by which the ketchup is delivered to my mouth.  

Okay, I don't eat fries every day, not even every week.  But when I do treat myself and eat fries, lots and lots of ketchup is necessary or there is no point. 

And my husband is absolutely appalled at the amount of ketchup I use.  Sorry, dude, that's how I eat fries…deal with it.rofl  

January 2, 2017
9:12 pm
Floral Potato
Hamcat
Meows: 161
Snarking Since:
August 1, 2016

^^Hilarious.  Your ketchup is my ranch so no judgement here.

I just thought the process of making her own GD ketchup seemed extreme for someone who SO clearly struggles with living a healthy, active lifestyle.  Healthy eating (especially with a kid) requires a ton of work!  Making my own condiments wouldn't be my first priority at the start of a weight loss plan (over, ya know, washing and chopping fruits and vegetables etc).

Also, this article reminded me of Jess.  http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04/exercise-in-futility/471492/?utm_source=atlfb

Not to downplay the importance of diet, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Jess' brand of "exercising" is not far from what the average American is claiming while also unable to lose weight.

January 2, 2017
10:26 pm
4 Year Plateau
Cat
Meows: 44
Snarking Since:
September 5, 2014

High Kick Vag Shot With Cankles meowed

Pinterest inspired Sonic cup meowed

Who needs a snack just to get through Costco without eating samples?! This just shows how psychological her issue with food really is.

I thought the same thing when I saw that! Most people can politely say "No thanks" to the Costco samples. It is baffling that Jess can't and therefore must snack before going there. It's been said before but she'd be so much better off using the money that she spends on Shakeology and blank planners to find a good therapist.

smiley-signs064

Entirely. And she KNOWS it.  That's the incredible part! She regularly sites her disordered eating as one of her excuses for failure, but tries to stick a big old chocolate flavoured Bandaid on the symptom, rather than the root cause.   

January 3, 2017
9:56 am
Skinny Dorito Taco Bake
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1215
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2013

I just thought the process of making her own GD ketchup seemed extreme for someone who SO clearly struggles with living a healthy, active lifestyle.  Healthy eating (especially with a kid) requires a ton of work!  Making my own condiments wouldn't be my first priority at the start of a weight loss plan (over, ya know, washing and chopping fruits and vegetables etc).

Also, this article reminded me of Jess.  http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04/exercise-in-futility/471492/?utm_source=atlfb

Not to downplay the importance of diet, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Jess' brand of "exercising" is not far from what the average American is claiming while also unable to lose weight.

OMG. This is Jess to a T: "One small study found that people fresh from the gym overestimated their energy use by up to 400 percent and ate more than twice as many calories as they actually burned."

Burning 300 calories in her "workout," supplemented with pre-workout, recovery, and a 500 calorie shake.

BRING IT DONT SING IT I know whos dick was in me whenmy kidswas conceived
January 3, 2017
12:40 pm
Ranch Scented Coffee Farts
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1355
Snarking Since:
May 7, 2013

I politely disagree that eating well requires a ton of work. It's actually pretty simple- eat less by tracking calories (use a free app) and take the baby on a walk every day. It's actually incredibly simple. I think for her, the simpler the better. It requires very little extra work, but a few more good decisions (swapping a 200 calorie bag of chips for and apple and a string cheese, etc).

Formerly #hatersgonnahate, Snaggle Tooth, and Fitness Gru
January 3, 2017
1:14 pm
Girl Boss mug from TJMaxx
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 408
Snarking Since:
February 4, 2014

Ranch Scented Coffee Farts meowed

I politely disagree that eating well requires a ton of work. It's actually pretty simple- eat less by tracking calories (use a free app) and take the baby on a walk every day. It's actually incredibly simple. I think for her, the simpler the better. It requires very little extra work, but a few more good decisions (swapping a 200 calorie bag of chips for and apple and a string cheese, etc).

I agree that eating well (in theory) is simple…but simple doesn't always necessarily mean easy. Personally I never adapted well to things like counting calories and meal prep and the like. It always feels like it takes me FOREVER. (I still do it, but I hate it.)

That said, I also am out of the house 10 hours a day for work/my commute, work a second job one night a week, and live alone (thus am responsible for all the cooking/household chores.) My time is tight but I manage. If she spent a little less time crafting/reading in her mermaid blanket…she could make it work.

(fka more sweat = less brain cells)
January 3, 2017
1:43 pm
Ranch Scented Coffee Farts
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1355
Snarking Since:
May 7, 2013

more sweat = less brain cells meowed

I agree that eating well (in theory) is simple…but simple doesn't always necessarily mean easy. Personally I never adapted well to things like counting calories and meal prep and the like. It always feels like it takes me FOREVER. (I still do it, but I hate it.)

That said, I also am out of the house 10 hours a day for work/my commute, work a second job one night a week, and live alone (thus am responsible for all the cooking/household chores.) My time is tight but I manage. If she spent a little less time crafting/reading in her mermaid blanket…she could make it work.

I hear ya. I guess everyone is so different- counting calories is one of the only things that works for me. I just feel like she could simplify SO MUCH. In her view, the more complicated, the more she thinks that she'll succeed. Or maybe all the planning that she supposedly does makes her feel like she's actually accomplishing something without actually doing the heavy lifting? Idk

Formerly #hatersgonnahate, Snaggle Tooth, and Fitness Gru
January 3, 2017
2:28 pm
Floral Potato
Hamcat
Meows: 161
Snarking Since:
August 1, 2016

I hear ya. I guess everyone is so different- counting calories is one of the only things that works for me. I just feel like she could simplify SO MUCH. In her view, the more complicated, the more she thinks that she'll succeed. Or maybe all the planning that she supposedly does makes her feel like she's actually accomplishing something without actually doing the heavy lifting? Idk

Oh yea – I definitely agree she needs to simplify, but for someone whose been overweight her entire life I'd imagine meal prepping (even just grocery shopping often enough to keep fresh produce) could be fairly daunting.  I don't know much about it, but Whole 30 doesn't sound like a terrible idea for someone who already knows wtf they're doing and is used to eating and cooking healthy foods.  For someone like Jess, though, making your own ketchup (just the most recent example) etc is way too much. As a previous poster mentioned, she can't get through Costco without bingeing on the samples sooooo eating less crap probably does feel like hard work.

January 3, 2017
2:31 pm
Pineapple and Hamburglar
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
January 3, 2017

Long time lurker.  Created an account to post this, because for SOME reason, her DietBet weigh-in post ground my gears so intensely that icanteven.

"Weighed in for my diet bet! I weighed a lb less this morning naked before food, but they switched my weigh in word on me"

1) The weigh-in and photo are supposed to be in airport security attire (tank & shorts, etc). Not nakey.  You could "cheat" this way, i.e. weigh in with clothes on for your initial weight and nakey for your final.

2) WTH does she mean that they switched her weigh in word on her?  I don't think that's a thing that happens, like at all, ever.

I had to re-submit a photo once because I had used the self timer on my phone to take the full-body shot.  I cropped out my coffee table and inadvertently cut my feet out of the photo. They didn't change my weigh-in word at all, and once I submitted the uncropped photo I was good to go.  I've done a few Dietbets with friends, and I'll admit the competition can be kind of fun in small groups.

Maybe this is a dumb thing to be incensed about… but ugh.

For anyone unfamiliar (and forgive me if this has been covered in this thread prior) the photo below are of the photos you submit for your initial and final weigh-in.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

January 3, 2017
2:39 pm
invalid username
Hamcat
Meows: 64
Snarking Since:
December 16, 2016

Pineapple and Hamburglar meowed

Long time lurker.  Created an account to post this, because for SOME reason, her DietBet weigh-in post ground my gears so intensely that icanteven.

"Weighed in for my diet bet! I weighed a lb less this morning naked before food, but they switched my weigh in word on me"

1) The weigh-in and photo are supposed to be in airport security attire (tank & shorts, etc). Not nakey.  You could "cheat" this way, i.e. weigh in with clothes on for your initial weight and nakey for your final.

2) WTH does she mean that they switched her weigh in word on her?  I don't think that's a thing that happens, like at all, ever.

I had to re-submit a photo once because I had used the self timer on my phone to take the full-body shot.  I cropped out my coffee table and inadvertently cut my feet out of the photo. They didn't change my weigh-in word at all, and once I submitted the uncropped photo I was good to go.  I've done a few Dietbets with friends, and I'll admit the competition can be kind of fun in small groups.

Maybe this is a dumb thing to be incensed about… but ugh.

For anyone unfamiliar (and forgive me if this has been covered in this thread prior) the photo below are of the photos you submit for your initial and final weigh-in.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

I think she meant they changed the word from her last bet to her current bet and maybe she just *assumed* before weighing in that it would be the same. For someone who's a DB queen, you'd think she'd know by now that they change the word every time. You don't get assigned a word once that is "your" word forever drool

January 3, 2017
2:41 pm
Pineapple and Hamburglar
Kitten
Snarking Since:
January 3, 2017

Apparently my image hosting thing didn't work. :)  Sorry! newhere

January 3, 2017
2:44 pm
Pineapple and Hamburglar
Kitten
Snarking Since:
January 3, 2017

Ah- that's a good point.  Could be.  I remember for the first one I did I saved the card thinking I would need it for my final weigh-in. I was under the impression she had done 3 million of them.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.