:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Peanut Butter Fingers
February 16, 2017
2:53 pm
Cage free dog
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1238
Snarking Since:
July 21, 2014

Julie's blog is one big copy. She copies workouts everywhere she goes. She copies recipes and gift or activity ideas. She goes so far as to affiliate link gifts that people gave to her.

She is one big evergreen copy, and not even a good one.

February 17, 2017
10:50 am
Lady Snark
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
January 25, 2017

Let's all take a moment and reflect on the fact that Julie shelled out $28.90 for a candle.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed she didn't launch into poetic drivel about the process of lighting it like that time she discovered the joy of setting things aflame with a real match.  drool

February 17, 2017
1:43 pm
TLs Royal Groupon Dinner
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 463
Snarking Since:
August 28, 2014

I actually think that's a normal price for a candle. But yesssss to reminding us about Julie's love of real matches!

Formerly Cokie Mason & Blair Waldorf.
February 17, 2017
1:59 pm
Bex
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 275
Snarking Since:
February 22, 2012

I did that workout at OTF  last week and what she posted is similar, but not an exact copy.  I don't care enough about this chick to WK for her, but OTF workouts aren't exactly original and you can find a bunch of them online. I think she did her due diligence in giving them appropriate credit for it, I didn't get the impression she was trying to pawn it off as her own. I steal their workouts all the time and copy them at my regular gym.  But i don't write a blog so what do I know?

February 17, 2017
2:23 pm
My Baby Is A Better Kettlebell Than Your Baby
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 592
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2014

Bex meowed
I did that workout at OTF  last week and what she posted is similar, but not an exact copy.  I don't care enough about this chick to WK for her, but OTF workouts aren't exactly original and you can find a bunch of them online. I think she did her due diligence in giving them appropriate credit for it, I didn't get the impression she was trying to pawn it off as her own. I steal their workouts all the time and copy them at my regular gym.  But i don't write a blog so what do I know?

She can take their workout, there are no IP rights in the workout itself, but no, she can't use their trademark in connection with her monetized blog. Even with permission from her local studio. In fact, if the studio allowed her to do it, both she and the studio are in the wrong for unauthorized use of the mark. I've done plenty of trademark cases where people have gotten into trouble for less than what Julie did here. 

Someone brought up Food Babe. That use is 1st Amendment protected. There is a small area of trademark use that is not considered infringing and is 1st Amendment protected bc it is used in speech as satire or protest or as art. 

Formerly Pumpkin Spice Bitchcakes
February 17, 2017
2:35 pm
Bex
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 275
Snarking Since:
February 22, 2012

My Baby Is A Better Kettlebell Than Your Baby meowed

Bex meowed

She can take their workout, there are no IP rights in the workout itself, but no, she can't use their trademark in connection with her monetized blog. Even with permission from her local studio. In fact, if the studio allowed her to do it, both she and the studio are in the wrong for unauthorized use of the mark. I've done plenty of trademark cases where people have gotten into trouble for less than what Julie did here. 

Someone brought up Food Babe. That use is 1st Amendment protected. There is a small area of trademark use that is not considered infringing and is 1st Amendment protected bc it is used in speech as satire or protest or as art. 

oh, yeah, I wasn't referring to the logo. Just the workout itself. I don't know anything about logos or how/when/where they can be used.  I was just responding to the comments that she was trying to copy their workout and sell it as hers.

February 18, 2017
4:07 pm
neverletgo
Hamcat
Meows: 88
Snarking Since:
September 12, 2014

good old julie's back. bootcamp, couples yoga drool, and a hike. can't imagine how super sweaty she is drooldrooldrool

February 20, 2017
8:35 am
BoredMommy
Kitten
Meows: 10
Snarking Since:
February 17, 2017

I'm sorry… she worked out three times on Saturday?  That's like all she does.  So let's return from a boot camp class and immediately go to a yoga class?  Obsessive work outs, yes?  Then hiking because "the dog deserved it"….sure.  They're obsessed.  

February 20, 2017
8:44 am
thistle
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 432
Snarking Since:
September 28, 2015

Wouldn't you want to just stay home on a rainy Saturday night, especially after doing frantic activities all day?? Nope. Let's head to Barnes and Noble so Chase can play! Why do they have to always be out and about doing five million things?

February 20, 2017
9:00 am
webbedtoes
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 402
Snarking Since:
January 15, 2015

thistle meowed

Wouldn't you want to just stay home on a rainy Saturday night, especially after doing frantic activities all day?? Nope. Let's head to Barnes and Noble so Chase can play! Why do they have to always be out and about doing five million things?

I think this every time I read her weekend recaps. They sound exhausting. But ya know,
Chase is so active, so they must need to get out.drool
I really wish she would stop beginning every weekend recap with "our Saturday started off with his and hers workouts."angry

February 20, 2017
9:16 am
Boot Camp Mary Poppins
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 285
Snarking Since:
August 3, 2015

So did they wear the exact same outfits 2 days in a row or did she take pictures of one day and think she could spread them over 2. Whatever. That Saturday seemed pretty busy and then after dinner on a rainy night they have to take him to B&N? Is he that "active" they can't just entertain him for 30 min at home? Her "relaxing weekends with no plans" are more busy than my busy ones.

Glad Julie has found the perfect athletic pants that pair with all her crop tops! We know she harbors a vast collection.

Well I was rather a coffee snob...
February 20, 2017
9:35 am
Go me
Cat
Meows: 31
Snarking Since:
December 20, 2016

BEC-Why does her outfit annoy me?? How is that even possible? A crop top even for working out….  I think it's her body type mixed with the outfit. Blech. The his and her workouts, I can't…. My point of view in this is that on the weekends my hubby and I cherish our time with our toddler as 2 working parents. I guess I wouldn't want to start every single weekend with 3+ hours to workout separately to then follow up with a workout… Interesting that they don't try to do these things while Chase naps for 2+ hours.  I think she's on a workout and drink alcohol bender since she isn't preggo. 

February 20, 2017
10:12 am
coldandcreamy
Cat
Meows: 23
Snarking Since:
October 17, 2016

I have an extremely active almost 2 year old and we stay home as little as possible too. She was crawling by 5 months, walking by 8 and climbing onto the counter by using the drawer pulls as steps by 11 months. So if Chase is active like this I totally understand. My daughter just does better when we are out and about and usually whines a ton at home. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.