:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Run Eat Repeat
November 3, 2016
4:38 am
Eating Shrimp from 2013 and Still Standing
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7251
Snarking Since:
September 23, 2011

Using the excuse of a hobby jog for not wanting kids is only because she is never going to want them.  How is that not clear?  

She just needs to stop stringing Ben along and cut the cord.  And, I think Ben is kind of a moron for going along with this for as long as he has.

November 3, 2016
11:08 am
Kale tacos
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 253
Snarking Since:
December 23, 2011

I heard it as her saying we can have a kid as soon as I BQ at this race, then basically not really trying too hard for that, and then saying oh wait I didn't make it, need to try again…basically a stall tactic. I don't think there's anything wrong with her not having kids (and it seems pretty clear to me she doesn't want any, or at least not now) but I don't really see how a marriage can overcome that fundamental issue. She said in the comments that they hadn't decided against it, but I don't see how that would work with her hiring a running coach and attempting a huge goal like this.

November 3, 2016
12:59 pm
SC
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1724
Snarking Since:
November 15, 2011

so this seems all kind of f**ked up to me.  Let me preface this by saying NO ONE should be forced to have children, everyone has the right to decide what to do with their body, yada yada yada.  this is a big issue for couples and the 2 have to figure their shit out

that said, i think monica has a super unhealthy disordered relationship with running. I struggle myself with obsessing over running, races, times and such and actually stopped reading her awhile ago bc it was triggering  (therefore, take what I say with a grain of salt bc i dont read her regularly anymore).  She seems to be prioritizing this hobby and her obsession with running over everything else in her life- her relationships, her well being, and her marriage. I hate to say it, but I think she would be happier with a BQ then with a happy marriage.  i would hate to be a blogger bc it all jsut fuels an awful disgusting obsession with running as if its the most important thing to achieve in the universe. career, love, self fulfillment, friendships, family, relationship- these are what make life important.  

I sincerely hope Monica gets to the point when she realizes her self worth is more than the number on her timing chip. 

I could be so off base but it reminds me so much of similar issues I struggle with and i deal with now in therapy. it's also a sore spot in my own relationship.  

November 4, 2016
9:13 am
Did smudgy get sprinkles!!
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1308
Snarking Since:
August 2, 2011

My husband and I are trying to have a baby, but I'm having a hard time getting my period back (PAGING DR CLR), so the doctor recommended I cut back on Crossfit. I've been doing Crossfit for 5 years and it is a huge part of my life. After 2 months of cutting back and realizing I wasn't really good at moderation, I froze my gym membership. It's because I want to have a baby. My doctor was totally thrilled with this major, major lifestyle change.

But it is a total and absolute mindf**k. I broke down last night because these body changes are insane. I am without the thing that gave me pretty much all of my reassurance and self worth. Crossfit was the last arena of my life where I felt I had control of my inner critical voice through behavior (overexercise). And now, I am without the tool I used to regulate those critical thoughts. It sucks.

TL;DR, when I watched Monica's video, I felt like, "WTF, so selfish, just give up running," But it's f**king hard to heal from disordered, distorted thinking, and I wouldn't be able to do it without my therapist and my husband's compassion.

November 4, 2016
9:37 am
birthing like a pilgrim
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 569
Snarking Since:
February 6, 2013

Did smudgy get sprinkles!! meowed
My husband and I are trying to have a baby, but I'm having a hard time getting my period back (PAGING DR CLR), so the doctor recommended I cut back on Crossfit. I've been doing Crossfit for 5 years and it is a huge part of my life. After 2 months of cutting back and realizing I wasn't really good at moderation, I froze my gym membership. It's because I want to have a baby. My doctor was totally thrilled with this major, major lifestyle change.

But it is a total and absolute mindf**k. I broke down last night because these body changes are insane. I am without the thing that gave me pretty much all of my reassurance and self worth. Crossfit was the last arena of my life where I felt I had control of my inner critical voice through behavior (overexercise). And now, I am without the tool I used to regulate those critical thoughts. It sucks.

TL;DR, when I watched Monica's video, I felt like, "WTF, so selfish, just give up running," But it's f**king hard to heal from disordered, distorted thinking, and I wouldn't be able to do it without my therapist and my husband's compassion.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. huggggScaling back on exercise can absolutely be a mindf**k. I don't have any wise words for you, but it sounds like you're ultimately making the choice that's right for you. I wish you all the best!

Re: Monica, the thing is that perhaps she genuinely does not want to have a baby. This is 100% conjecture, but maybe when she and Ben were first married, she was like, "Yeah, family in the future!", thinking they had all the time in the world to be a childless couple. It doesn't sound like she really, truly thought about the fact that the 'future' eventually comes around. That was irresponsible and immature on her part, but it's not unheard of. I feel like she's using Boston as an excuse because she's really not sure she wants kids. It'd be really smart for her to stop equivocating, but I can't begrudge someone for deciding that children aren't right for them – or that they don't want a child right now. (Side note: how old is Monica? Early thirties? It's not like she has to get pregnant immediately. I guess this is kind of close to my heart, as I'm 34 and my husband and I have literally just started trying to have a baby. Society may put extra pressure on women to have a baby – or at least start trying to have a baby – once they're in their early thirties, but I kind of think that's bullshit).

Anyway, I DO think it's selfish for Monica to string her husband along if he really, really wants to have a family and she's relatively certain she doesn't, but he's not blameless in this weird situation either. If he believes they're ultimately incompatible, he should sever ties for real. This bizarre limbo state can't be great for either of them.

November 4, 2016
3:05 pm
kitten heels
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 797
Snarking Since:
March 5, 2013

birthing like a pilgrim meowed

Did smudgy get sprinkles!! meowed

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. huggggScaling back on exercise can absolutely be a mindf**k. I don't have any wise words for you, but it sounds like you're ultimately making the choice that's right for you. I wish you all the best!

Re: Monica, the thing is that perhaps she genuinely does not want to have a baby. This is 100% conjecture, but maybe when she and Ben were first married, she was like, "Yeah, family in the future!", thinking they had all the time in the world to be a childless couple. It doesn't sound like she really, truly thought about the fact that the 'future' eventually comes around. That was irresponsible and immature on her part, but it's not unheard of. I feel like she's using Boston as an excuse because she's really not sure she wants kids. It'd be really smart for her to stop equivocating, but I can't begrudge someone for deciding that children aren't right for them – or that they don't want a child right now. (Side note: how old is Monica? Early thirties? It's not like she has to get pregnant immediately. I guess this is kind of close to my heart, as I'm 34 and my husband and I have literally just started trying to have a baby. Society may put extra pressure on women to have a baby – or at least start trying to have a baby – once they're in their early thirties, but I kind of think that's bullshit).

Anyway, I DO think it's selfish for Monica to string her husband along if he really, really wants to have a family and she's relatively certain she doesn't, but he's not blameless in this weird situation either. If he believes they're ultimately incompatible, he should sever ties for real. This bizarre limbo state can't be great for either of them.

She might not never want kids, maybe she just wasnt ready yet and thought she would be once a BQ was under her belt.

Maybe- and this is a crazy one- maybe she shouldnt start trying for kids now in order to try and fix her marriage. I would just hope that the two of them are working on the marriage first. 

November 4, 2016
4:45 pm
pollute the world with pics of my ass
Hamcat
Meows: 85
Snarking Since:
August 30, 2015

Irene meowed
her best time is a 3:36. She ran that in May 2013- so it's been a while. I think she's capable of a low 3:30, but it will take a lot of discipline on her part. I agree that she's using Boston as a deflection, but it's also best that she isnt having a kid she's not ready for.

Wow, homegirl can run when she trains!  So shouldn't she have qualified back then? The faster cut off time is recent, but maybe not as recent as I think.  I completely agree that it's good that she isn't going along with ben's wishes when she obviously doesn't want kids.  I'm trying to think of a single thing Monica can handle and can't come up with one, not to mention her unstoppable narcissism and disordered eating/exercise habits, so yeah, side-stepping a landmine there.  The dynamic of their relationship is just so weird to me, I don't know them at all but I can't imagine why either of them is still in it.

November 5, 2016
1:06 am
Please No Disappointing Nachos
Hamcat
Meows: 178
Snarking Since:
September 10, 2015

It seems from the blog that Ben has been basically living in CA for the past few months, so I get the impression they are working on their marriage, which is wise to do first, before getting pregnant, rather than using a baby as a band-aid, which is what it might be at this point. Unrelatedly, I also wonder if her thyroid issues might make it more difficult for her to get pregnant; I know this can affect fertility and I imagine they must be aware of this.

November 5, 2016
6:47 am
Beast of the Month
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1550
Snarking Since:
September 23, 2011

pollute the world with pics of my ass meowed
Wow, homegirl can run when she trains!  So shouldn't she have qualified back then? The faster cut off time is recent, but maybe not as recent as I think.

She literally missed it by a minute. The standard went to 3:35 for 18-34 for the 2013 race.

November 10, 2016
1:49 pm
sassy23
Hamcat
Meows: 157
Snarking Since:
May 5, 2014

She posted a new pic on FB, she got eyelash extensions.  She looks so fake!!  I need to learn how to post pics, but we need to post a side by side of her from like 5 years ago to today.  Her forehead looks huge!!  And those brows!!   

November 13, 2016
10:56 am
Corpse Grimaces
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 534
Snarking Since:
October 13, 2013

K, so Mon claims to have run a PR today.  Was a massive net downhill race, which always bugs me, but still.  I thought her Garmin shot looked strange, because I never get 13.1 exactly when I run a half and neither do any of my friends.  We're always a bit short or long.  So I checked the results and she isn't there, by bib number or name.

Is she pulling a PLM and just posting her Garmin time when she didn't really PR?  Is this in aid of justifying her supposed BQ attempt in response to the criticism here?  Either way I really hope she isn't lying about this.  I would be so disappointed in her.

November 13, 2016
11:59 am
RunningHam
Cat
Meows: 33
Snarking Since:
September 13, 2013

Corpse Grimaces meowed
K, so Mon claims to have run a PR today.  Was a massive net downhill race, which always bugs me, but still.  I thought her Garmin shot looked strange, because I never get 13.1 exactly when I run a half and neither do any of my friends.  We're always a bit short or long.  So I checked the results and she isn't there, by bib number or name.

Is she pulling a PLM and just posting her Garmin time when she didn't really PR?  Is this in aid of justifying her supposed BQ attempt in response to the criticism here?  Either way I really hope she isn't lying about this.  I would be so disappointed in her.

Looks as if she's wearing a marathon, rather than the half marathon, bib.  So, if she ran the half and crossed the finish line, her time wouldn't have been recorded.  Although, I would think her start time would have been recorded.  

It's very possible her Garmin could've read exactly 13.10 at the finish – I just ran a half a couple weekends ago, and my Garmin recorded exactly 13.10.  However, my Garmin time was a couple seconds off from chip time.

To me, it's not a PR unless you've run it on a certified course with an official recorded time.

December 27, 2016
11:59 pm
Orangey
Hamcat
Meows: 200
Snarking Since:
February 5, 2016

Did she not spend Christmas with Ben? Why are they still together?? God, just get divorced already.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.