:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Freckled Fox
November 29, 2016
6:52 am
VomCat
Kitten
Meows: 9
Snarking Since:
November 29, 2016

Also, I have been reading GOMI for months, finally registered. This whole situation is so awful. On one hand I do feel bad that she's probably gone off the rails and this is her coping mechanism in adversity (it's a much nicer thought than her being a cold hearted psychopath).. on the other it makes me sick that, in my opinion, Richard has jumped into Martin's – still warm – shoes. If he honestly is the nicest sweetest bloke in the world (which he obv totes is because his post says so rolleyes… ) he would NOT do any of the things he has done. No nice respectful person would marry a new widow who's clearly messed up, take over as "daddy" so quickly, agree to couple/marriage announcement Christmas cards…  even if the one you loved begged! Be supporting, yes. But back off and have some respect!

Her behaviour can be slightly forgiven in some cases because it could be grief. Him … I seriously dislike. others-221

November 29, 2016
8:01 am
Sucks to your Assmar
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 634
Snarking Since:
July 15, 2014

That post made me so sad and I agree that Lydia was not happy when she would smile. She just didn't want to show her emotions to Richard, which I totally get. The whole Daddy vs Daddy-Martin thing makes me soooo sad and disappointed in both Emily and Richard. When my Mom got remarried when I was 3 years old she would tell us that it hurt my step-dad's feelings if we didn't call him Dad. Being a little happy kid like Lydia you never want to hurt anyone's feelings so you do as you're asked. There is absolutely no way that this little kid on her own in such a short period of time made the decision to call Richard Daddy and Martin Daddy-Martin. This is Emily trying to show off the perfect family she has and it is so sad and disrespectful to the memory of Martin.

November 29, 2016
8:13 am
Can of Vegetables
Cat
Meows: 40
Snarking Since:
April 25, 2015

I am side-eyeing pretty hard at him calling being a hospice nurse (basically) for another family a "special time" WTF

November 29, 2016
8:19 am
pearls_clutched
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 872
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2012

Omg now he is vomiting on the internet. It is creepy reading about him parenting. Just gross. Stop trying so hard. Nothing you say can make this okay. Whacked out strangers on the internet cheering you doesn't count. And since I know you can't resist reading go_away

November 29, 2016
8:19 am
great but does it spark joy
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3782
Snarking Since:
March 12, 2012

Can of Vegetables meowed
I am side-eyeing pretty hard at him calling being a hospice nurse (basically) for another family a "special time" WTF

He's just grasping at straws for a way to "prove" to FF's readers that he's omgjustasgoodasmartinyouguys, maybe even better! Because he's so NICE! He had PREP TIME! 

tired of my old avatar // also super lazy
November 29, 2016
8:23 am
Lurky Lou
Cat
Meows: 34
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2014

"few years ago, I had a wonderful opportunity to help a friends' family. Their father had been diagnosed with cancer. For the third time. Yes, I said third. For a few months, I was able to help in a simple sense while attending school. I would take this friend's father, who I'll simply call 'Dad', to treatments when my schedule would permit, and help in other ways. Did I mention he had 9 children? The oldest was older than I am, but the range included many at home, all the way down to a 3-year-old. Anyway, 'other ways' that I helped typically meant cleaning up around the house, helping get younger children to various activities, playing (a lot!), and sometimes making food. I'm sure they liked Mom's cooking a lot better than mine though, as my claim to fame is either hot cocoa or grilled ham and cheese (not usually at the same time :P). My standard weekend became family time, and it was wonderful to have something more meaningful than TV to do on the weekends.

This was the way things went for a time. Things changed though after a few busy months passed. 'Dad' wasn't doing well, and I moved in eventually to help more consistently. For a year I lived and breathed family life in many aspects, and learned a lot. Cancer is hard. But it also means a lot of opportunities for growing.  And the kids all handled things in different ways. It was a very special time for me, and while it only lasted a year before I returned to school, it was one of the more meaningful times of my life."

s it just me, or is it a bit creepy that he moved in with a family before as the dad succumbed to cancer?

November 29, 2016
8:29 am
a hedgehog in uncle sams pants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1558
Snarking Since:
April 5, 2015

Lurky Lou meowed
 "few years ago, I had a wonderful opportunity to help a friends' family. Their father had been diagnosed with cancer. For the third time. Yes, I said third. For a few months, I was able to help in a simple sense while attending school. I would take this friend's father, who I'll simply call 'Dad', to treatments when my schedule would permit, and help in other ways. Did I mention he had 9 children? The oldest was older than I am, but the range included many at home, all the way down to a 3-year-old. Anyway, 'other ways' that I helped typically meant cleaning up around the house, helping get younger children to various activities, playing (a lot!), and sometimes making food. I'm sure they liked Mom's cooking a lot better than mine though, as my claim to fame is either hot cocoa or grilled ham and cheese (not usually at the same time :P). My standard weekend became family time, and it was wonderful to have something more meaningful than TV to do on the weekends.

This was the way things went for a time. Things changed though after a few busy months passed. 'Dad' wasn't doing well, and I moved in eventually to help more consistently. For a year I lived and breathed family life in many aspects, and learned a lot. Cancer is hard. But it also means a lot of opportunities for growing.  And the kids all handled things in different ways. It was a very special time for me, and while it only lasted a year before I returned to school, it was one of the more meaningful times of my life."

s it just me, or is it a bit creepy that he moved in with a family before as the dad succumbed to cancer?

Totally creepy! And to act like this role gave him real parenting experience? Nope! Dude, you could have gone home at anytime. I worked as a nanny for years and yes, I loved those kids and would have protected them with my life, but at the end of the day, I went home and at the end of the week, I got paid. Not the same thing as being a parent at all. It's insulting to suggest otherwise. 

And if Richard were really "soooo great" why are the comments closed? Why have a public blog and word vomit all over it without allowing for "discussion"? 

The adults in this family are disgusting. I really feel sorry for those kids. They deserve better. And her actual fans are just as bad for supporting this garbage. 

November 29, 2016
8:43 am
tulips grow wherever the f**k you plant them dumbass
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 5506
Snarking Since:
September 6, 2013

^ It sounds to me like he became their home health aide.

Some do live in rather than coming and going to care for the patient.

I suspect he's making the situation sound more caring and altruistic than it really was. He probably needed a place to stay at a time when the family needed extra help around the house.

November 29, 2016
8:50 am
Buttercups Baby
Hamcat
Meows: 123
Snarking Since:
April 12, 2016

Despite mentioning Martin in that post, I feel like they are trying to erase his existence.

It's sad… They are just trying too hard to convince the world (and possibly themselves) that everything is ok. As the new husband and stepdad, Richard will become their father figure… But stop pushing it so hard and so fast.

November 29, 2016
9:16 am
the_recluse
Hamcat
Meows: 122
Snarking Since:
February 9, 2016

Oooof. Wolfie is a TERRIBLE writer, even with Emily's purple prose edits..
others-221

That post only screams they need to GOMI. This situation is effed and they need to stop with the back peddling and just. get. off. No good will come of trying so hard, especially after all Emily has done and what those poor kids have been dragged through…

November 29, 2016
9:31 am
bensimons-less in Paris
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 573
Snarking Since:
May 13, 2014

LuciaVDH meowed
The Christmas cards to me was soooo rolleyes my husband died not long before Martin, and last year our Christmas card was also our pregnancy announcement for our third baby, so I certainly faced a bit of a dilemma about what to send out (if anything) this year as I wasn't too sure anyone wanted to see a happy smiling picture of me and my kids without my husband (the baby was born after he died so we didn't have a full family photo).  I ended up sending out a cute picture of just the three of them, can't imagine why she didn't do the same? Does anyone really like seeing awkward parents on Christmas cards anyway? Emily makes me pukeso hard.. have a little class

I am so sorry for your loss hugggg

November 29, 2016
9:35 am
Kingtrashmouth
Cat
Meows: 22
Snarking Since:
November 19, 2016

the_recluse meowed
others-221

That post only screams they need to GOMI. This situation is effed and they need to stop with the back peddling and just. get. off. No good will come of trying so hard, especially after all Emily has done and what those poor kids have been dragged through…

So terrible! He just types as words come in. It is like he just word vomits through his fingers what he would be speaking. 

I was bumbling through a moment with no possible chance to quote-unquote 'save the day'.

Hey Wolfie, you don't need to say quote unquote when you are writing and the physical quotes are typed around the passage you are quoting. I guess since he needed to "chat out loud" to us, we get a full transcript of what he is saying instead of a nicely typed post. 

An old hamcat here that can't remember/figure out old login info
November 29, 2016
9:46 am
Severus Snark
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2585
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2014

the_recluse meowed

others-221

You can hear him chortling at his own too-soon jokes, can't you? Just like you could hear her own satisfaction in the flattery about longing to have the kinfolkest private coffee with all of the omgbff readers she's ripped off. They think the little bits about grilled cheese and crackling fires and shit is such a game changer they're even charming themselves with it.

Do they not know everyone's noticed the thick layer of gloss and politician-level spin they coat everything in? They read here and diligently delete who knows how many comments all day. At the very least they could read each other their Hallmark productions (on soft linens with giggling children smiling warmly up at them by the fireplace, ma darning socks and I in my wolf-stocking feet, thinking of Daddy-Martin ":P") in private and spare us the gag fest.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.