:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Freckled Fox
November 29, 2016
10:07 am
shilly no mates
Hamcat
Meows: 63
Snarking Since:
June 22, 2016

The more I think about it the more WTF I am about the 'Daddy-Martin' thing. Up until June he was their Daddy but now suddenly he gets demoted to 'second Daddy' status?

I know it's been repeated a hundred times but I still can't wrap my head round how selfish Emily must be to put her kids through that. Losing her husband must have been devastating and I can't imagine the grief but surely she would want to do the best thing for her children? She can't seriously think that this is healthy or normal.

November 29, 2016
10:14 am
wolf in sheeples clothing
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 362
Snarking Since:
September 20, 2014

Lydia needed someone to focus on her and hold her and tell her these feelings are totally ok. She didn't need cheering up, she needed validation that yes this is a confusing situation but that you're there to listen if she'd like, or just sit there and BE there in a way her daddy can't.
Hopefully those kids are close-knit and will support each other, become Fox has her head up her ass and Wolf is trying but at best is the lovable goofy uncle that wants to help but is somewhat clueless what to do.

Formerly Soupy Scones/ Cornmeal Whore
November 29, 2016
10:27 am
under a smallpox moon
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3247
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2012

notfunnyhaha meowed
That post was awful. I said it before and I'll say it again…Richard's posts are supposed to get the reader to build a rapport with him so when they trot out the wedding photos and love story there will be less blowback. That post was also to quiet people who question how the kids are doing and who ask if Martin mentioned, etc. Because, look! We talk about him. We let them grieve. It's all fine and dandy! We've got it covered! The shit show continues. And I find it interesting she turned off comments when Richard was commenting back and forth with people on his other post.

Didn't he say in the comments last time that he hoped to earn the "dad" title? And now he's Daddy and their real, loving father is "Daddy-Martin". That's just deadpuke. I wonder how much coaching it took to get the kids to transition to Daddy-Martin. It's just sickening and frankly, entirely disrespectful to Martin. I saw the pictures of a very frail Martin (felt intrusive, btw) playing and interacting with his children. He deserves more respect than this. Those kids were his world.

Emily's grieving and not seeing things properly–but Richard? He sounds like he has a hero complex, like he has to rush in and help regardless of how creepy it comes off. In the couple of posts he's made he's mentioned putting the children to be alone while Emily played the piano downstairs, now he's doing laundry and consoling the children. It's just too much, too fast. 

Formerly Inspired Eyebrows
November 29, 2016
10:36 am
RESPECT Teal tube of human cookie dough
MEOWGOD
Meows: 13295
Snarking Since:
April 11, 2012

The little girl missed Daddy Martin and Daddy Dick is tickling them. Nothing wrong here. F**king leach.

November 29, 2016
10:39 am
Orangey
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 203
Snarking Since:
February 5, 2016

wolf in sheeples clothing meowed
Lydia needed someone to focus on her and hold her and tell her these feelings are totally ok. She didn't need cheering up, she needed validation that yes this is a confusing situation but that you're there to listen if she'd like, or just sit there and BE there in a way her daddy can't.
Hopefully those kids are close-knit and will support each other, become Fox has her head up her ass and Wolf is trying but at best is the lovable goofy uncle that wants to help but is somewhat clueless what to do.

smiley-signs064

I will continue to scream that those children need individual and family grief counseling until they get some individual and family grief counseling! Martin died under the care of a major hospital. There were support services, support groups, and plenty of other grief recommendations made to Emily before and after he passed. Did she just say, "nah, the kids and I are good. I've got a new daddy in the queue, so we'll be back to normal in a few weeks."?? I seriously do not get it.

Yes, Richard, parenting children who have watched their world slowly die before their eyes is HARD. That's why there are professionals who can help. Call them, please.

November 29, 2016
10:49 am
CookieButterMonster
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 242
Snarking Since:
July 16, 2015

The fact that she was crying and whimpering "Daddy" and he responded to that name makes my blood boil. "I didn't have the answer, and I really wanted to have the answer!" You know who does have the answer, Wolfie? PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS!!!! Please get these children the help they need and deserve. 

It took everything in me not to stop reading the second time he used the ":P" pukeYou're not funny or cute. You're a disgusting leach who's preying off of a mourning widow & her small children for validation. The same way you swooped in to help the last family who was grieving and not seeing things properly. Letting some wolf-boy move into their home, probably uninvited. Sickening. 

November 29, 2016
11:08 am
oaky afterbirth
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 359
Snarking Since:
April 3, 2014

Echoing everyone else about the Daddy, Daddy Martin thing. She might have started calling Richard daddy on her own…who knows. But there is NO WAY she started calling her real daddy Daddy Martin without being told to do so. That makes me want to punch someone.

November 29, 2016
11:24 am
GossipCat
Hamcat
Meows: 178
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2016

It makes me sick that they are calling him Daddy. Those poor children.

November 29, 2016
11:43 am
B***h Brisket
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1513
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

I can't stand this style of writing 'yes I said third.' Oh wow me with that experience why don't you? drool 'did I mention?' That phrase is on par with 'just saying' in my opinion. Hate it

November 29, 2016
11:50 am
cece22
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1175
Snarking Since:
May 29, 2013

Absolutely grotesque re: the daddy thing. No words

A friend died from cancer last year. From diagnosis till she passed was about 18 months. She had 2 very small children (one was a toddler, one was an infant) and she said she had dreams that her babies were calling out to her and looking for her and she was scared that they couldn't find her. It broke my heart.

She died and her husband immediately went and deleted his "Married" status on FB and changed his profile picture to one of just him and the kids.

5 months later he was married and everyone commenting was like "what a fairytale romance!!" I'm like FAIRYTALE ROMANCE?

The point is, everyone grieves in their own way….but I still feel awful for the families and loved ones of the deceased spouse when the surviving spouse moves on soooo quickly.

November 29, 2016
11:50 am
Strip Mall Baptism
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 689
Snarking Since:
July 1, 2014

Honestly I can't see these kids calling him daddy without prompting.

I was a step mom to very young children and they called me by my nickname, because that's who I was….I was not mommy. Granted mommy was still alive but in my experience children call adults by the name they are told, or their version of it. Not daddy or mommy.

Nope they were told to call him daddy. Maybe someday in the future (way in the future) they would want him to be dad, but not now.

I'm all kinds of rage about this.

Formerly Totes16weeksout
November 29, 2016
11:51 am
artisanal twitter account
Hamcat
Meows: 107
Snarking Since:
September 5, 2015

oaky afterbirth meowed
But there is NO WAY she started calling her real daddy Daddy Martin without being told to do so. That makes me want to punch someone.

bandwagon Exactly. The fact that she was coached to call her father that is beyond reprehensible! Good thing the happy couple is debt free because therapy for 5 kids isn't cheap!

November 29, 2016
12:00 pm
Hidden
Cat
Meows: 21
Snarking Since:
September 29, 2016

I don't know about anyone else but it makes me super uncomfortable the way that they have paraded an innocent 2 year olds grief across the internet just to try and win back some support for their choices and to make Richard look like 'such a great guy'. Fair enough if Emily wants to talk about how she's doing (although I call BS on anything that she has to say now), but to focus solely on Lydia like that who has no say on what gets shared and will one day read it all back just makes me feel so sad.

I obviously don't know exactly what I would do in Emily's shoes (and god forbid I ever have to go through it), but I know for a fact that regardless of whether I'd moved on and gotten someone else, I would do everything in my power to protect and shield my children from prying eyes whilst they are dealing with such a traumatic event.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.