:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Freckled Fox
November 29, 2016
12:00 pm
Hidden
Kitten
Meows: 9
Snarking Since:
September 29, 2016

I don't know about anyone else but it makes me super uncomfortable the way that they have paraded an innocent 2 year olds grief across the internet just to try and win back some support for their choices and to make Richard look like 'such a great guy'. Fair enough if Emily wants to talk about how she's doing (although I call BS on anything that she has to say now), but to focus solely on Lydia like that who has no say on what gets shared and will one day read it all back just makes me feel so sad.

I obviously don't know exactly what I would do in Emily's shoes (and god forbid I ever have to go through it), but I know for a fact that regardless of whether I'd moved on and gotten someone else, I would do everything in my power to protect and shield my children from prying eyes whilst they are dealing with such a traumatic event.

November 29, 2016
12:02 pm
DaringConsort
Hamcat
Meows: 50
Snarking Since:
May 5, 2016

While I haven't read Richard's latest post just yet – I can already tell I will hate this whole thing even more after reading it. That poor little girl is SO confused and obviously hurting and grieving, shoving a new "daddy" in front of her when she is obviously missing her REAL daddy is not the answer and I can't believe that Emily and Richard thought this post would be appropriate at all.

I also checked back to the front page post from Alice about when Emily originally posted the family Christmas pics and it looks like there is a commenting Hamcat on the inside that knows more about Richard and I would love for them to post more here. 

Hamcat @TOG writes:

"Here is what I know. Yes they do want to cancel the sealing to Martin. And they started talking about getting married soon after Martin passed away. Engaged in the middle of August, married beginning of September. 

I know more about this disgusting situation than I want. Richard broke another's heart so that he could be with Emily and also so he "set for life" with all of the money that she has off of the go fund me."

I am DYING to know more about this. popcorn

November 29, 2016
12:11 pm
urban gypsy
Hamcat
Meows: 113
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2014

Hidden meowed
I don't know about anyone else but it makes me super uncomfortable the way that they have paraded an innocent 2 year olds grief across the internet just to try and win back some support for their choices and to make Richard look like 'such a great guy'. 

This trainwreck keeps getting worse and worse. Why are we supposed to be impressed by this post? The poor baby said she missed her daddy and cried, so you gave her a smile and hug, and tickled her siblings? "For me, this little moment with Lydia was HARD!" I think a stranger, much less a new daddy-figure, would not find it too taxing to do that for a distressed child? Is he upset/angry that she is still sad and hasn't gotten over her loss? Words are failing me….

Ladies and gentlemen, our hero is heading to bed with goals:

#8) I want to eat more chocolate chips

#10) I want to eat more vegetables

Did Emily give him a set number of goals? Is this the beginning of his dieting and bodybuilding career? Is he insane, or trolling? HOW IS THIS RELEVANT TO A POST ABOUT LYDIA'S GRIEF???

reaction

November 29, 2016
12:31 pm
shilly no mates
Cat
Meows: 37
Snarking Since:
June 22, 2016

DaringConsort meowed
While I haven't read Richard's latest post just yet – I can already tell I will hate this whole thing even more after reading it. That poor little girl is SO confused and obviously hurting and grieving, shoving a new "daddy" in front of her when she is obviously missing her REAL daddy is not the answer and I can't believe that Emily and Richard thought this post would be appropriate at all.

I also checked back to the front page post from Alice about when Emily originally posted the family Christmas pics and it looks like there is a commenting Hamcat on the inside that knows more about Richard and I would love for them to post more here. 

Hamcat @TOG writes:

"Here is what I know. Yes they do want to cancel the sealing to Martin. And they started talking about getting married soon after Martin passed away. Engaged in the middle of August, married beginning of September. 

I know more about this disgusting situation than I want. Richard broke another's heart so that he could be with Emily and also so he "set for life" with all of the money that she has off of the go fund me."

I am DYING to know more about this. popcorn

Question: If they cancel her and Martin's sealing, what do Mormons believe happens to Martin? Does he just have to be alone for all eternity?

November 29, 2016
12:54 pm
Riveting memoirs of an amnesiac
Hamcat
Meows: 65
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2016

What the hell was that?? Wolfie’s resume? Is he the “family whisperer?” Oh he’s done this before so he’s got this?? I agree with previous posts; I just can’t wrap my head around why they thought that was a good post. Talk about adding insult to injury. 

That was a huge word vomit. puke I wanted to hurl and I barely made it through. If FF gave her stamp of approval, that’s even more disgusting. 

The way he “handled” Lydia’s grief is appalling. Where is their mother? So he’s all of a sudden super dad, comforting them when they miss “Daddy-Martin”? WTF?? I think I remember seeing on earlier posts in this thread that he was introduced at Martin’s family dinner as “their new daddy.” Obvi FF told them they had to call him that. sangry

Hey Richard, how about a post about Martin and his beautiful family and what a legacy he left. And you’re honored to be a whatever as Emily’s new husband. Or something. Anything but what you just spewed.

The timing of posting this the Monday after Thanksgiving is sickening. What I learned from that post:

Wolfie and FF are enjoying playing house with Martin’s and the GFM money; get a job!

Make a bunch of goals while you continue to impose yourself on being a daddy and laughing their grief away.

I bet a million bucks those poor children are not in counseling (or Emily).

Woflie is their family bandaid and will make things all better. You're weak if you take time to grieve such a huge loss kids. 

It sounds like they alienate both Emily’s and Martin’s families (it’s all about their “dear friends or neighbors”). I have never seen her mention them just once. confused

FF will forever be the poor widow and will click bait til the cows come home about Martin’s passing and how she "found love" so quickly. I think Wolfie is full on preying on them and taking advantage of their grief.

Emily is no longer a hairstyle, make up, fashion blogger. Those days are long gone. GOMI already!!!!!bye

November 29, 2016
1:09 pm
SunnyD
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
August 2, 2016

That gofund me was what, like 80k? That doesn't go too far feeding, clothing and otherwise taking care of a family of 7. 

I think that they probably have trust friends, or else receive annual gifting from Martin's family. 

As to that post ~ so cringeworthy. He's a terrible writer and if my husband was making all of those inanely stupid replies to comments and SMILEY FACES in every one I would think he had had a stroke. 

November 29, 2016
1:25 pm
notfunnyhaha
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 706
Snarking Since:
April 11, 2014

I am absolutely f**king livid they've even discussed having the sealing to Martin cancelled. I grew up Mormon and sealings and heavenly polygamy and all that bullshit is what pushed me out. (Among other things.) I always said she'd change the story and Martin wouldn't be her sweetheart for long after he passed, but this is f**king disgusting. HIS children should be sealed to him. F**k Woldboy and Emily. F**k them both. She is a disgusting human and the more I learn about her the more it's proven.

Now, I'm no expert, but I don't think the church would cancel her sealing to Martin, especially since they do have children. He died of cancer, and as far as we know he was agood dad and didn't cheat or abuse anyone. The church would have no real reason to cancel that sealing. But I guess it depends on who in the higher ups at church HQ Emily knows and how she spins the story.

November 29, 2016
1:41 pm
under a smallpox moon
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3239
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2012

Orangey meowed

wolf in sheeples clothing meowed
Lydia needed someone to focus on her and hold her and tell her these feelings are totally ok. She didn't need cheering up, she needed validation that yes this is a confusing situation but that you're there to listen if she'd like, or just sit there and BE there in a way her daddy can't.
Hopefully those kids are close-knit and will support each other, become Fox has her head up her ass and Wolf is trying but at best is the lovable goofy uncle that wants to help but is somewhat clueless what to do.

smiley-signs064

I will continue to scream that those children need individual and family grief counseling until they get some individual and family grief counseling! Martin died under the care of a major hospital. There were support services, support groups, and plenty of other grief recommendations made to Emily before and after he passed. Did she just say, "nah, the kids and I are good. I've got a new daddy in the queue, so we'll be back to normal in a few weeks."?? I seriously do not get it.

Yes, Richard, parenting children who have watched their world slowly die before their eyes is HARD. That's why there are professionals who can help. Call them, please.

Honestly the poor girl probably needed to be held and hugged by someone who knew and loved Martin, to be told by that person that they miss him too, and it's okay to miss him and be sad about his passing.

Richard's way of dealing with it will lead to suppressed emotions. I really hope the children are in counseling. Emily too, but especially the children.

Formerly Inspired Eyebrows
November 29, 2016
1:45 pm
Roadkill on Batshit Lane
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 660
Snarking Since:
May 11, 2012

Big orange flag here. He's basically admitting he's done this before? Moved in with a grief stricken family and faux parented the kids??!! Sorry dude but that's a creepy MO. If you want to get your nursing degree and be a home health worker, that's a very noble profession and one we need more of. But honestly this just sounds like a slightly creepy guy who doesn't have a real job and trades lodging for chores and help babysitting.

I know Emily is the one pasting it all over the Internet, so she's not blameless, but I have way more side eye for him than her now. It's starting to sound like he swooped in on his hot and now wealthy ex while she was vulnerable, ditching his current girlfriend on the side of the road along the way. I'm guessing he's the one who brought up marriage a month after Marty died, not her!

formerly millie54
November 29, 2016
2:19 pm
backseat blogger
Cat
Meows: 42
Snarking Since:
March 20, 2015

Dick's post was manipulative AF. Who is this creep!?

November 29, 2016
2:22 pm
F**kingZorro
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 445
Snarking Since:
June 23, 2014

Hidden meowed
I don't know about anyone else but it makes me super uncomfortable the way that they have paraded an innocent 2 year olds grief across the internet just to try and win back some support for their choices and to make Richard look like 'such a great guy'. Fair enough if Emily wants to talk about how she's doing (although I call BS on anything that she has to say now), but to focus solely on Lydia like that who has no say on what gets shared and will one day read it all back just makes me feel so sad.

I obviously don't know exactly what I would do in Emily's shoes (and god forbid I ever have to go through it), but I know for a fact that regardless of whether I'd moved on and gotten someone else, I would do everything in my power to protect and shield my children from prying eyes whilst they are dealing with such a traumatic event.

sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2

November 29, 2016
2:25 pm
Orangey
Hamcat
Meows: 149
Snarking Since:
February 5, 2016

under a smallpox moon meowed

Orangey meowed

wolf in sheeples clothing meowed
Lydia needed someone to focus on her and hold her and tell her these feelings are totally ok. She didn't need cheering up, she needed validation that yes this is a confusing situation but that you're there to listen if she'd like, or just sit there and BE there in a way her daddy can't.
Hopefully those kids are close-knit and will support each other, become Fox has her head up her ass and Wolf is trying but at best is the lovable goofy uncle that wants to help but is somewhat clueless what to do.

smiley-signs064

I will continue to scream that those children need individual and family grief counseling until they get some individual and family grief counseling! Martin died under the care of a major hospital. There were support services, support groups, and plenty of other grief recommendations made to Emily before and after he passed. Did she just say, "nah, the kids and I are good. I've got a new daddy in the queue, so we'll be back to normal in a few weeks."?? I seriously do not get it.

Yes, Richard, parenting children who have watched their world slowly die before their eyes is HARD. That's why there are professionals who can help. Call them, please.

Honestly the poor girl probably needed to be held and hugged by someone who knew and loved Martin, to be told by that person that they miss him too, and it's okay to miss him and be sad about his passing.

Richard's way of dealing with it will lead to suppressed emotions. I really hope the children are in counseling. Emily too, but especially the children.

"by someone who knew and loved Martin"— ideally, HER MOTHER. But she's busy hugging and kissing up on a new guy right under their noses. Those two selfish assholes don't deserve such sweet and loving children. That poor, confused, grieving child. 

November 29, 2016
2:36 pm
Severus Snark
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2587
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2014

I read the post after my prior comment and I change nothing about it (especially the ironically over-mentioned fireplace), but DAMN am I now heartbroken for that poor baby girl.  For all of them.  For these two internet-obsessed f**kfaces parading it out in public and asking them to just smile, get a new "daddy", and pose for the wedding photos.

I seriously can't get past the image of her giving him a fake smile, and returning to her tears when he turned away.  That's not heartwarming or cute or a "teachable moment".  That's a baby–a baby!–who's been taught that her parents don't care for her tears, no matter how genuine or important, and to put on a smile for the blog.  A baby who knows her daddy's gone and remembers him and loves him and misses him enough to cry spontaneously at his memory.  A baby who's watching her daddy die all over again as his family and home are forcibly sterilized of his memory.  A baby whose father had been there for her whole little life, first steps and words, who is being told he isn't worth remembering or respecting.  A baby whose father was taken from her against both their wills by cancer, not a messy divorce that calls for spite.  How can she be concerned with removing even the word "daddy" from their mouths?  I get the "what to call wolfboy" dilemma, but his relationship with the kids is new and malleable; the one they had with their late father is not up for debate or curation.  I feel like they'd treat the same child's lost favorite stuffed animal with more reverence.

She's done a lot of heartbreaking things, but telling a two year-old who already feels like she has to hide her grief that she can't even continue to call her own f**king father "daddy"?  That takes the cake.  Of all the things she's done, I think this is the one that would hurt Martin the most.  No wonder she doesn't want to be sealed anymore.  She'd have to one day explain why she told their babies to not speak of their father the way they want to–just in time for their first holidays without him.  

F**k them both.  By the soothing motherf**king fireplace.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.