:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Freckled Fox
November 29, 2016
3:00 pm
Mazel Tov Cocktail
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2858
Snarking Since:
June 19, 2015

This motherf**ker. I'm glad he informed us he does not in fact have a doctorate in child psychology, and that it is in fact about how everything makes him feel and how important his man thoughts are.

This little girl has been taught that the feelings of others, and in this case, interestingly, a man, have primacy over her own. She (and her siblings) have been taught that the thing you love most in this world is easily and immediately replaceable. And of course, Smile! Smile for the ever present photographer, hide what you're feeling until no one is looking, then SMILE!

This motherf**ker.

6. I want more smiling faces.

Now with 30% more sanctimony!
November 29, 2016
3:09 pm
a dollop of thlack-jawed
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1217
Snarking Since:
March 8, 2012

I wonder if this creep attended the funeral. He is not in the photos she posted on her blog, but who knows.

What Danny cooking?
November 29, 2016
3:09 pm
Turtle28
Kitten
Meows: 1
Snarking Since:
November 29, 2016

Had to finally register to say one thing – did anyone else find it odd that instead of getting that sweet Lydia out of her carseat and giving her a desperately needed hug right there while they waited (presumably for FF) in the car, WolfBoy promised her a hug "when they got home."???  Who does that to a preschooler??  

Sorry, sweetie.  I know you are upset right now and confused by all these emotions you can't articulate because you are so little, but hold that thought until we get home, alright?  

How confusing for that poor little girl.

November 29, 2016
3:39 pm
derpends
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 885
Snarking Since:
January 10, 2014

notfunnyhaha meowed
That post was awful. I said it before and I'll say it again…Richard's posts are supposed to get the reader to build a rapport with him so when they trot out the wedding photos and love story there will be less blowback. That post was also to quiet people who question how the kids are doing and who ask if Martin mentioned, etc. Because, look! We talk about him. We let them grieve. It's all fine and dandy! We've got it covered! The shit show continues. And I find it interesting she turned off comments when Richard was commenting back and forth with people on his other post.

18 comments have now made it past moderation. All positive of course. 

God I would KILL to be her assistant right now reading all the comments coming in and not allowing them. There has to be a shit ton!popcorn

November 29, 2016
3:57 pm
under a smallpox moon
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3247
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2012

Turtle28 meowed
Had to finally register to say one thing – did anyone else find it odd that instead of getting that sweet Lydia out of her carseat and giving her a desperately needed hug right there while they waited (presumably for FF) in the car, WolfBoy promised her a hug "when they got home."???  Who does that to a preschooler??  

Sorry, sweetie.  I know you are upset right now and confused by all these emotions you can't articulate because you are so little, but hold that thought until we get home, alright?  

How confusing for that poor little girl.

I think it depends on where they were–if they were driving down a quiet neighborhood, yea…definitely pull over and have a heart to heart. Let her know she matters, validate her feelings. However, in my experience, there's something about busy interstates that make kids have depressing realizations. My boyfriend's kid once nearly convinced herself that Santa isn't real while I was battling holiday interstate traffic. I had no choice but to have her wait until we got to the parking lot, but once I did she got all my focus. 

Formerly Inspired Eyebrows
November 29, 2016
4:29 pm
Underwhelmed
Hamcat
Meows: 143
Snarking Since:
February 5, 2016

That recent post has me fuming and incredibly sad for that poor confused baby. I don't know what they hoped that story would achieve but all I got was them exploiting a small child for personal gain.

Emily may well be grieving, acting too hastily as a coping strategy, whatever – but she's still cruel and f**king vile. Those poor babes. This won't work out all sunshine and smiles like she hopes others-221

November 29, 2016
4:33 pm
beez31
Cat
Meows: 23
Snarking Since:
July 15, 2014

I am not a regular reader of FF's blog but this situation is just awful. Sure, FF and this new daddy dude may be totally fine with this new transition. But regardless of how great they are and how much "talking it through" they do, the kids involved have to be in utter confusion. Their entire lives have been uprooted.

I know a lady who up and decided to divorce her husband after 3 years of marriage. They have 2 kids, 1 and 2 years old. They day she kicked her husband out, the new much younger boyfriend moved in. THE SAME DAY. She didn't even let the bed cool down! These kids now call the boyfriend "daddy" even though their real father is very much still in the picture and has joint custody.

These poor kids don't deserve the selfish actions of these people!

November 29, 2016
4:38 pm
JAF
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 526
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2011

I'm actually infuriated on the kids and Martins behalf.

This goofy, dumb, ugly, moron is playing house and "learning" to be "daddy" at the possible expense of these five kids who haven't had enough to deal with in their life recently? And Emily's just sitting there like "doesn't matter, got sponsorships!"

Straight up f**k him, and sincerely f**k Emily for doing this to those kids. How can they continue to use children's pain for a means to get attention? It doesn't matter how desperately she wants to replace Martin and act like he never existed, that's simply not the way it works with five kids who remember and love their father. I am grossed out beyond words he's pandering the story of a family who had cancer where he was basically a home care nurse as his reference and qualifications for being a father.

Hey, Wolfboy? If you read this you weren't those kids father, and in the few months you have been in Emily's life you sure as hell haven't earned the right to be called father by Martins children either. What kind of creep seems to get so much pleasure using other people's tragedies for their own personal gain?

Someone needs to pull Emily aside, slap some sense into her, and demand those kids see a counselor. I'm disgusted. This whole thing just keeps getting more, and more, revolting.

November 29, 2016
4:51 pm
Oprah has a turtle farm
Cat
Meows: 17
Snarking Since:
November 26, 2016

Just here to help answer some questions about the LDS faith as I have experience first hand.

Her sealing to Martin can be broken if she chooses, however the children will still be sealed to him. Mormons also believe he will have the opportunity to be sealed to another woman, if he so chooses, in the eternities. Her sealing to Martin can also be broken if she breaks the promises she made in the temple (such as premarital sex, etc.)

Love lurking and reading all of your comments and I'm so glad I'm not alone in how crazy and upsetting how she's reacting to her situation.

November 29, 2016
4:59 pm
Prom Night Dumpster Baby
Hamcat
Meows: 70
Snarking Since:
December 2, 2013

Speechless as to how poorly Emily and Richard are handling this situation.  Stating the obvious, she could have gotten laid without marrying Richard and installing him as Replacement Dad before Martin's body was even cold.  The fact that the kids are referring to Richard as "Daddy" having only known him for a few months speaks volumes about the messages they receive at home.  My heart is breaking for those poor kids and for Martin's family.  I also suspect that its really Emily writing these posts, pretending to be Richard to as someone stated upthread, build more support for the eventual love story, "What a blessing!  I'm pregnant!" post.  I see too many Emily-isms in these posts (e.g. sentences punctuated with haha! and addressing the readers as "Dear Friends," not to mention the latest post ending with a list of goals for the immediate future) to think that Richard wrote them.  And for the record, being paid to be a Guy Friday/babysitter for a family preparing to bury its terminally ill husband/father doesn't make you an expert on being a father to five grieving children.  Lastly, I don't know if I could respect a man who chose not to work and simply lived off of my savings/income because he could, regardless of my financial security.       

November 29, 2016
5:11 pm
TrashFace
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 307
Snarking Since:
February 22, 2012

Why is he even writing blog posts?  yadayada

ETA: this blog post is ripping me to shreds, jesus, those poor kids 

November 29, 2016
5:18 pm
Sweetie Darling
Hamcat
Meows: 187
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2013

FF and Dick have made me ragey and I have to vent: 

(1) My parents divorced when I was 2ish and were both remarried the December after my 5th birthday. I called those step-parents Daddy (Name) and Momma (Name) *because* they both had children that they brought to the marriages. I was DEVASTATED when both sets divorced within 6 years of the marriages. Those divorces were harder on me than my parents' original divorce because I was old enough to understand. I felt abandoned.

(2) My father remarried (again) when I was almost 10. I didn't start calling her "Mom" (or should I say quote-unquote 'Mom' in keeping with Richard's writing?) until I was in my 20s and we had worked through some very turbulent times. 

(3) My father passed away unexpectedly in August. I'm a grown-@ss adult in my 40s now and I would have problems if my (step)Mom started dating anytime soon. My half-brothers won't even talk about the possibility. 

-(3a) Daddy died overseas. It took a week to process all the red tape to bring his remains home. Mom went sightseeing because she couldn't stand being alone in a hotel room in a foreign country. My brothers and I were shocked at the time, but now I'm a little less judgey over that. All this to say I do understand that people handle things differently.

TL;DR all the word vomit and emotional purging – I know kids are resilient but they're also fragile. Martin's children are grieving and should be allowed to do so. I don't think FF is thinking clearly and all of this is going to bite her in the butt someday. 

November 29, 2016
5:19 pm
Allrightythen
Hamcat
Meows: 50
Snarking Since:
July 7, 2014

Severus Snark meowed
I read the post after my prior comment and I change nothing about it (especially the ironically over-mentioned fireplace), but DAMN am I now heartbroken for that poor baby girl.  For all of them.  For these two internet-obsessed f**kfaces parading it out in public and asking them to just smile, get a new "daddy", and pose for the wedding photos.

I seriously can't get past the image of her giving him a fake smile, and returning to her tears when he turned away.  That's not heartwarming or cute or a "teachable moment".  That's a baby–a baby!–who's been taught that her parents don't care for her tears, no matter how genuine or important, and to put on a smile for the blog.  A baby who knows her daddy's gone and remembers him and loves him and misses him enough to cry spontaneously at his memory.  A baby who's watching her daddy die all over again as his family and home are forcibly sterilized of his memory.  A baby whose father had been there for her whole little life, first steps and words, who is being told he isn't worth remembering or respecting.  A baby whose father was taken from her against both their wills by cancer, not a messy divorce that calls for spite.  How can she be concerned with removing even the word "daddy" from their mouths?  I get the "what to call wolfboy" dilemma, but his relationship with the kids is new and malleable; the one they had with their late father is not up for debate or curation.  I feel like they'd treat the same child's lost favorite stuffed animal with more reverence.

She's done a lot of heartbreaking things, but telling a two year-old who already feels like she has to hide her grief that she can't even continue to call her own f**king father "daddy"?  That takes the cake.  Of all the things she's done, I think this is the one that would hurt Martin the most.  No wonder she doesn't want to be sealed anymore.  She'd have to one day explain why she told their babies to not speak of their father the way they want to–just in time for their first holidays without him.  

F**k them both.  By the soothing motherf**king fireplace.

sha_clap2

You put my thoughts into words. After that last post, I can't even watch the train wreck anymore. It makes me want to throw up what she is doing to those kids. She doesn't deserve them. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.