:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Freckled Fox
November 29, 2016
11:41 pm
Purple21
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3913
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2014

Maybe I just can't handle the idea of a 2 year old crying for her daddy and being coached to smile instead… but I have decided the whole incident was manufactured in response to suggestions that the kids are not allowed to grieve now that their mother is happily remarried.  

Feel free to disagree, but I prefer this version. That story broke my heart. Even in this version, the adults are too self-centered to realize that it is cruel not to let a little girl cry for her daddy, and that she isn't required to offer ego boosts to the living adult male who has just walked into her life. 

November 30, 2016
12:21 am
Pink Feminine Undertone
Hamcat
Meows: 154
Snarking Since:
April 12, 2015

OK Hams, I'm going all in cynical here.  

Emily married Martin for one reason, and one reason only — his money.

At 18 she got the rich, established older guy with a rich family who was crazy in love with her.  She hit the jackpot.  For seven years she had a man who indulged her every whim, gave her a fantasy life, supported and paid for her "career" as a blogger, made tons of money, and took care of her, the house, and the children.

All she had to do was look pretty and have lots of babies (which from what I've read is a pretty standard Mormon thing to do).

So of course Martin was her sweetheart and the love of her life. – because he created a life for her in which she was the star, the most important person, and everything and everyone revolved around her.

But then Martin got cancer and died.  But she still had the money, because Martin made sure she and the children would be provided for.

So what's next, how to continue being the star in her fantasy life? The brave grieving widow with the 5 adorable children act can only go on for so long before it gets Bor-ing.

Emily's brand is being the amazing princess wife, star of the Greatest. Romance. Ever.  How to recapture that, tweak the brand and the story to showcase Princess Emily?  Why not reconnect with the guy before Martin, probably the one she dumped once Martin entered her life?

So Wolfie enters the scene immediately after Martin's passing (possibly before although we probably will never know).  And now we have the Greatest Romance Ever, Chapter 2 — Love Finds Emily Again — a old love rekindled from the ashes of a dead love.

Emily is once again the STAR of an amazing life, the princess wife, whose life is *still* being paid for by Martin (and his family).

Martin is still indulging her every whim, giving her a fantasy life, supporting and paying for her "career" as a blogger, and Wolfie has assumed Martin's role taking care of her, the house, and the children.

So all Emily has to do is look pretty and (maybe) have babies.  Me. Me. ME!  LOOK AT ME!! It's all about me. It's always been about me.  It has only *ever* been All. About. Me.

November 30, 2016
12:43 am
Riveting memoirs of an amnesiac
Hamcat
Meows: 65
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2016

Pink Feminine Undertone meowed

At 18 she got the rich, established older guy with a rich family who was crazy in love with her.  She hit the jackpot.  For seven years she had a man who indulged her every whim, gave her a fantasy life, supported and paid for her "career" as a blogger, made tons of money, and took care of her, the house, and the children.

All she had to do was look pretty and have lots of babies (which from what I've read is a pretty standard Mormon thing to do).

So of course Martin was her sweetheart and the love of her life. – because he created a life for her in which she was the star, the most important person, and everything and everyone revolved around her.

But then Martin got cancer and died.  But she still had the money, because Martin made sure she and the children would be provided for.

So what's next, how to continue being the star in her fantasy life? The brave grieving widow with the 5 adorable children act can only go on for so long before it gets Bor-ing.

Emily's brand is being the amazing princess wife, star of the Greatest. Romance. Ever.  How to recapture that, tweak the brand and the story to showcase Princess Emily?  Why not reconnect with the guy before Martin, probably the one she dumped once Martin entered her life?

So Wolfie enters the scene immediately after Martin's passing (possibly before although we probably will never know).  And now we have the Greatest Romance Ever, Chapter 2 — Love Finds Emily Again — a old love rekindled from the ashes of a dead love.

Emily is once again the STAR of an amazing life, the princess wife, whose life is *still* being paid for by Martin (and his family).

Martin is still indulging her every whim, giving her a fantasy life, supporting and paying for her "career" as a blogger, and Wolfie has assumed Martin's role taking care of her, the house, and the children.

So all Emily has to do is look pretty and (maybe) have babies.  Me. Me. ME!  LOOK AT ME!! It's all about me. It's always been about me.  It has only *ever* been All. About. Me.

sha_clap2I couldn't have said it better myself. Very well written. oregonian_winesmiley

From what I've read on her blog, ig, fb and this thread, I would venture to guess that she wouldn't talk to Martin's family now if they weren't rich. dead

November 30, 2016
5:46 am
lovemydogs
Cat
Meows: 13
Snarking Since:
September 29, 2016

1) What a trainwreck.  Those poor kids…

2) I get it that her IG and blog are her "brand" – but hawking your kids online to make money?  Gross.  Seriously – don't use your child to sell chocolate.  It's exploitation.  

November 30, 2016
6:09 am
B***h Brisket
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1180
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

She definitely meant Martin. There's no way she could have woken up and straight away and thought which daddy she was supposed to be referring to. First reaction has got to be Martin

November 30, 2016
7:30 am
onatrek
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1730
Snarking Since:
May 30, 2014

tulips grow wherever the f**k you plant them dumbass meowed
^ It sounds to me like he became their home health aide.

Some do live in rather than coming and going to care for the patient.

I suspect he's making the situation sound more caring and altruistic than it really was. He probably needed a place to stay at a time when the family needed extra help around the house.

Combined with other things he sort of alluded to (IMO) I'm wondering if he's really using that story to attempt to "set the stage" for saying something along the lines of "what almost no one knows is…"

And then basically say he did something similar (on a lesser scale) for them prior to Martin dying (probably saying even to the point that only a very small circle knew or something) and 'miraculously' have that as the explanation for how/why this happened so fast. rolleyes

Or something along those lines…

And if that's the case and it does go that route, based on the way he's writing, I almost wouldn't be shocked if he/they took it even further, to the point of somehow trying to make it seem like Martin was even behind it (like an "Oh, remember your old friend…and I heard / you had said…he helped a family in the past…") since there'd obviously be no way anyone could "refute" the story since he obviously can't be asked now. uh

November 30, 2016
7:35 am
Garvins Sequin Dress
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 342
Snarking Since:
April 2, 2014

hijacked sorry to hijack but I fell down the rabbit hole of Amanda Griffiths on IG, who was mentioned a few pages back, who lost her husband, her sisters husband, and her father in an unexpected plane crash. Like the day after she and her husband took their pregnancy announcement photos. Oh and her sister as 9 months pregnant. 

It was a couple years ago now but I do not know how she, her sister, and her mother managed to pick up the pieces. But like a PP said, she did meet someone and quietly moved on, not bringing him on to her social media for a year+.

Sorry to hijack but I am still trying to wrap my head around this whole thing with Emily.

November 30, 2016
7:36 am
onatrek
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1730
Snarking Since:
May 30, 2014

Also, I'm with the many of you who are dead the thought the kids already started calling him Daddy w/out an outside suggestion/idea plant behind the origins.

If he had kids also I maybe could see it happening more organically sooner rather than later, b/c they're young enough that I could imagine at least one maybe saying/asking something like "___ (fictitious kid) calls him daddy. Is he my daddy now too?" or something like that.

But that's obviously not a possible scenario in this instance, so I really doubt it's happening organically on the part of the kids. Not this soon.

November 30, 2016
10:26 am
Joans RaggedyNeedySoul
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 793
Snarking Since:
November 30, 2012

Sorry, but there are a thousand endearing names those kids could call Richard that would make him uniquely "their" Richard — He could be Rickie, Richie, Ri-Ri (hahaha), Dick, Dickie (But you can just call me Dickie Greenleaf lmao) Anything but DADDY. He's not their Daddy — he's the guy their mom is actually dating and getting to know (but happened to marry while that's going on!).

I cannot think of anything MORE disrespectful to his memory than this — well, except for maybe not giving sad babies a chance to grieve and discuss with their MOTHER…that might top it. *sigh*  I just can't with these two.

I'm also appalled that she would "unseal" from Martin. I'm not Mormon, so the whole sealing business is getting the side eye anyway — but it's kind of nice to think that someone is waiting for you for real for real on the other side so you guys can pick up where you left off when you arrive.  So, Martin is gone off, died with the expectation in his heart to see her on the other side, and this heifer gets UNSEALED from him after the fact?? What happens at the end, when Martin is like "YES! Finally get to reunite with my one true love" Only to see her stroll in and go chill with Wolfie? Is that what happens? Does Martin get a heavenly notification that no, you will spend eternity ALONE…Nadda, maybe your kids will come visit when they pass away, but no wife for you…sangry. Is she doing the math and seeing that if she stays with Wolfie 8-10 years, she already will love him *more* than Martin and therefore he deserves the gift of her eternal presence instead??

Someone — explain!  I'm feeling some kinda way about Martin being given the heavenly shaft…chair

Save

**The Artist Formerly Known as LOLZ and Tearsofaclown**
November 30, 2016
11:00 am
Awkward Tufty Panties
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1326
Snarking Since:
October 31, 2014

Purple21 meowed

Maybe I just can't handle the idea of a 2 year old crying for her daddy and being coached to smile instead… but I have decided the whole incident was manufactured in response to suggestions that the kids are not allowed to grieve now that their mother is happily remarried.  

Feel free to disagree, but I prefer this version. That story broke my heart. Even in this version, the adults are too self-centered to realize that it is cruel not to let a little girl cry for her daddy, and that she isn't required to offer ego boosts to the living adult male who has just walked into her life. 

I 100% agree with this and I'm still in the mindset that Emily is absolutely writing these posts as well with Richard dictating what he would like her to say (though I might be wrong on that one).

To me this entire post screamed "I read GOMI and all the other sites out there that are talking negatively about my new marriage and how it's affecting the kids, how Richards last "post" didn't go over as I'd hoped, etc etc", I must come up with a post to fix it!

So yeah, in my opinion completely manufactured

saver of internet inches
November 30, 2016
11:08 am
lurkingfordays
Hamcat
Meows: 112
Snarking Since:
May 9, 2012

I kind of wonder if it's a case of she's super young, probably overwhelmed with so many kids and has no idea of how to be alone. It seems like she's lived a really sheltered life and probably felt overwhelmed taking care of Martin during his illness. I would not be surprised if she was looking for someone to take over and take care of her and the kids almost immediately. Doesn't necessarily make it ok, just saying I can see that happening…

November 30, 2016
11:24 am
Hair Tutorial
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 757
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

Pink Feminine Undertone meowed

THIS. All of this, but especially the bolded. I have thought of this exact scenario but felt bad typing it out (esp knowing Martin's family reads here). But smiley-signs064. It's hard to verbalize that knowing how Martin suffered and how it is affecting the kids. But it seems like the most logical of all theories.

November 30, 2016
11:32 am
Allrightythen
Hamcat
Meows: 50
Snarking Since:
July 7, 2014

Awkward Tufty Panties meowed

Purple21 meowed

I 100% agree with this and I'm still in the mindset that Emily is absolutely writing these posts as well with Richard dictating what he would like her to say (though I might be wrong on that one).

To me this entire post screamed "I read GOMI and all the other sites out there that are talking negatively about my new marriage and how it's affecting the kids, how Richards last "post" didn't go over as I'd hoped, etc etc", I must come up with a post to fix it!

So yeah, in my opinion completely manufactured

Yup. And the fact that they turned the comments off totally furthers that theory. I wonder if moderating the comments on the blog and IG was too overwhelming after his last post? I just checked out the latest IG post that referenced the Lydia blog post. The comments there are all rainbows and unicorn farts. I just don't see how her followers are buying into this and thinking it's all wonderful… it blows my mind!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.