:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Freckled Fox
December 29, 2016
9:11 pm
the_recluse
Hamcat
Meows: 123
Snarking Since:
February 9, 2016

Ummm just leaving this here in case it gets deleted before someone else catches it…. 

rolleyes

From her comments on the latest post:

"How far along are you??? I thought you were wearing a lot of loose fitting things or hiding your bump – three or four months maybe?"

December 29, 2016
9:25 pm
snarksquatch
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 242
Snarking Since:
February 19, 2016

the_recluse meowed
Ummm just leaving this here in case it gets deleted before someone else catches it…. 

rolleyes

"How far along are you??? I thought you were wearing a lot of loose fitting things or hiding your bump – three or four months maybe?"

This is not really to do with FF, but it was just a funny that happened the other day. 

My friends grandma posted on her Facebook a picture of some gorgeous flowers and said, "Mama and papa love the christmas arrangement you sent! We especially loved the not card with the exciting news announcement!" They haven't announced they are pregnant but that made it pretty obvious the HAVE an "announcement." I decided to be obnoxious and wrote, "I want to hear the exciting news!" The whole thing was deleted within 15 min of appearing. hijacked

Sorry, back to the regularly scheduled pregnancy speculation. 

December 29, 2016
9:28 pm
GossipCat
Hamcat
Meows: 129
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2016

snarksquatch meowed

the_recluse meowed

rolleyes

This is not really to do with FF, but it was just a funny that happened the other day. 

My friends grandma posted on her Facebook a picture of some gorgeous flowers and said, "Mama and papa love the christmas arrangement you sent! We especially loved the not card with the exciting news announcement!" They haven't announced they are pregnant but that made it pretty obvious the HAVE an "announcement." I decided to be obnoxious and wrote, "I want to hear the exciting news!" The whole thing was deleted within 15 min of appearing. hijacked

Sorry, back to the regularly scheduled pregnancy speculation. 

I noticed the same thing one someone's wall! "Thanks for the xmas card, and congratulations!" I know that she is pregnant, just hasn't put anything up yet. .

December 29, 2016
9:29 pm
Riveting memoirs of an amnesiac
Hamcat
Meows: 71
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2016

the_recluse meowed

rolleyes

She actually responded to it: 

"Hey there! Thank you for the inquiry, but I'm not actually pregnant:) I just like to dress comfy most of the time, but I guess I should be more careful with my posture in the future. lol 

Happy Holidays!"

Dress comfy? Since Wolfbun's conquest? Posture?? confusedconfused

Something still doesn't smell right….uh

December 29, 2016
9:51 pm
Riveting memoirs of an amnesiac
Hamcat
Meows: 71
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2016

ChickensDontLie meowed

great but does it spark joy meowed
I have to say, I agree that I've never seen someone who so recently lost the love of their life who was so insistent that everything is beautiful and wonderful and positive and uplifting. I realize that much of this is that Emily is probably writing in a very false voice to suit the "voice" she chose for the blog. She talked herself about how she wanted her blog to always be a positive, sweet, happy space but there's no way to truthfully do that when you watch your husband waste away and then have to live without him after he dies. All her forced gaiety feels forced, no matter how hard she tries. It is forced, because she is grieving – she has to still be in it. 

I wish she would have been authentic. I feel like she wouldn't have trapped herself inside this particular mindset of "must make everything normal, it has to be normal, must keep being normal" when nothing about this year has been anything like normal. 

I wish her blog readers weren't so bent on telling her that everything she does is perfect and wonderful and she is always always always perfect and wonderful. I wish she would be honest with us about Richard.

And I hope against hope that she has him stop writin gon her blog and stops trying to force him on her readers. I really do want him to be the husband she needs him to be, I do want this to end up being the right choice for her, no matter what I thought about it, it's her life and her choices. But I think she needs to just live and not stage things, and I think she needs to own her blog and her social media – Richard shouldn't have anything to do with it.

This is exactly why I can't stand her. Just be authentic! I'm all for wanting to be positive and seeing the good in things but that doesn't mean lying about the situation or making really stupid decisions to create an appearance of happiness and positivity. 

I just don't get how people like this woman. Like I seriously cannot wrap my mind around HOW people can't see how fake she is. Not that long ago she was all "woah is me, another Marty anniversary" sfun_nopityand then Christmas happens and not ONE mention of Martin and how everyone is dealing with how hard it is. Nope, it's all just rainbows and butterflies. I guess that's the appearance she wants to show since she'll be announcing a pregnancy soon.

And for heaven sakes, if she talks about "new starts" one more time I think I'm going to angry.

Same here. Shocked nothing was said about Martin on Christmas after all the "anniversaries" and now it's like, yeah, let's move on to 2017. That was my old life (although I don't think she changed her last name) and my family and I have more adventures and tickle parties in store than ever before. Sick of all the followers clinging to her every word as gospel. Just be f$%kin real ffs!!! sfun_blahblah And keep "Richard" away from that damn blog! yadayada

December 30, 2016
7:19 am
peewee from the hotdog stand
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 478
Snarking Since:
April 4, 2013

She's lying through her teeth. She's pregnant and she knows it. She'll spin it as a new year's miracle or a Christmas gift sent from heaven from Martin – she'll play dumb and act like she didn't know because she was so grief-stricken she just didn't notice her missing period, or she'll lie about the number of weeks and miraculously have a super heavy preemie. But I would bet a billion dollars that she's already pregnant. 

December 30, 2016
8:54 am
great but does it spark joy
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3804
Snarking Since:
March 12, 2012

Yeah, that's exactly it – the total lack of mention of Martin when it comes to Christmas/the holidays. I wonder if she's trying to be "kind" to Richard by keeping all of that to herself. But I feel like you don't marry a woman six weeks after her husband's death without realizing there's going to be a lot of grief processing that still needs to happen and no holiday's going to be a totally happy one for a while.

That's what I mean about the lack of authenticity. Emily, we know you miss Marty – you can talk about it. Your readers WANT you to talk about it, to be real and to speak freely and honestly about him and about missing him. The sweet positive always happy keep sweet smile smile smile rings incredibly false and it's not helping anyone, least of all you.

That said, I'm sorry someone tried to bring up pregnancy on IG because seriously, guys no matter what you don't suggest a woman is pregnant until she says as much, that's never polite.

tired of my old avatar // also super lazy
December 30, 2016
9:22 am
Radical Self Interest
Cat
Meows: 36
Snarking Since:
March 12, 2014

One of the things that I find most ridiculous about her (and this is one of MANY) is the way she waxes lyrical about her alleged love for nature while spawning child after child, as if it's not pretty much the worse thing you can possibly do to the planet. 

I'm not a long-time reader so i don't know much about her history – but as much as she seems awful and Marty may truly have been the Mr. Perfect that he's so often made out to be, i find it pretty creepy that this man a good deal her senior married her when she was so young and then set about near-constantly impregnating her with barely time for her to catch her breath in between. Maybe they were both super-fertile and against contraception, but it's such a classic move from a controlling man (and paired with the hints that she was no longer "allowed" to stay in touch with Richard or her other penpals once she was married, it makes me wonder).  

Which makes for a convenient segue into something else i've wondered… At the risk of sounding like i'm WK-ing for Mr. Manbun, maybe her new-found relaxed style is a relief for her; maybe it's nice to be with someone with whom there's no pressure to "glam up". Although the recent gym selfie in which she looks a bit like she's shooped a body-builder's torso onto her gaunt frame does suggest that there's certainly at least a bit of narcissism present. 

December 30, 2016
9:56 am
TheAverageArchi
Kitten
Meows: 1
Snarking Since:
December 30, 2016

I'm coming in super late to the game, so bear with me.  Yes she's a blogger, and yes this is literally how she makes enough money to feed her kids and pay her mortgage, but I do believe there is a point where you need to stop oversharing your life.  

As a kid who lost their parent to cancer I would be horrified to have seen our lives and my dad's fight with cancer so publicly shared.  It's not a time I want to remember, much less have it memorialized on the internet by a professional photographer.  13 years later I still feel the heartache and the crushing despair of the funeral; the pain of watching someone who supported me and held me up waste away in front of my eyes; watching him struggle to swallow water and morphine; seeing the pain consume him.  You can talk to your kids about dad getting sick and passing away, but memorializing it in photos just brings pain.  And for the kids too young to remember seeing that when they get older will just bring a complete disconnect, that sickness will be all they see and know about their dad in so many ways, because that image consumes you more than healthy ones.

At some point you need to really think about what you are sharing, and actually ask your kids if they want that part of their lives shared to anyone who bothered to click on a blog link.  On to the widow side of things, I watched my mom utterly spiral after my dad passed away.  She had no identity outside of him and was all consumed in her grief.  I still resent her for it.  She wasn't a parent at that point and I basically raised my siblings until I could leave the house.  I worry about FF's kids resenting her because of her oversharing, not necessarily because she got re-married so quickly.  Some people literally cannot be alone, my aunt remarried quickly after my uncle passed and everyone questioned if it was an affair, etc.  But really, she was lonely and she fell back in love quickly, their marriage remains strong to this day.  

December 30, 2016
6:50 pm
lisztomania
Cat
Meows: 21
Snarking Since:
October 4, 2016

Re: Pregnancy announcements – For what it's worth, they sent out marriage announcements with the Christmas cards (there's pics on Instagram), so that may be the "congrats" reference. If that gym pic is actually recent, she looks pretty tiny to me. I know she doesn't show right away, but I don't know, seems unlikely she'd be 4-5 months, but it sounds like she's open to it based on that latest blog.

December 30, 2016
8:35 pm
GossipCat
Hamcat
Meows: 129
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2016

Sorry I reread what I wrote above and realize I wasn't clear enough. My "congrats" reference was about a girl I know in real life, not FF.

December 31, 2016
4:33 am
Jedopt22
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
December 14, 2016

Radical Self Interest meowed

I'm not a long-time reader so i don't know much about her history – but as much as she seems awful and Marty may truly have been the Mr. Perfect that he's so often made out to be, i find it pretty creepy that this man a good deal her senior married her when she was so young and then set about near-constantly impregnating her with barely time for her to catch her breath in between.

I've always had similar thoughts about them. I've read Emily's blog for the last 4ish years, mainly because I was fascinated/creeped out by their whole family dynamic of him being so much older and her being knocked up back to back. I remember reading a post from several years ago where she mentioned Martin leading her by the arm into their kitchen where there were tons of cucumbers he had brought home that she was going to have to pickle.

The way she wrote that post just gave me such weird vibes. My husband would never lead me anywhere by the damn arm unless I was blindfolded and was going to be surprised with something awesome, not a room full of cucumbers he expected me to pickle.

December 31, 2016
5:05 am
B***h Brisket
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1229
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

^ that sounds odd and a bit creepy

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.