:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Freckled Fox
February 17, 2017
8:40 am
juliasparkles2
Cat
Meows: 20
Snarking Since:
December 5, 2016

desperately seeking validation meowed
Thank goodness Emily got into that quickie marriage so she had time away from her five young children to post about her abusive relationship. sha_clap2

sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2trainwreck

February 17, 2017
9:32 am
Severus Snark
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2725
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2014

I don't think anything will come of that pin.

I think she wants to be looked to as a source of advice (bet she loves hearing the phrase "so mature for your age") and in her mind pinning a blurb is adding to her visible mental resume. I think she also wants to play out previous happiness as "hard work" that is so virtuous in a marriage–partially, I'm sure, because it's hard right now. See? Well rounded, well read, totally able to take on grief if I even know how to help my friend Sarah with *her* relationship. See? My relationship can't be abusive because I know all about that mess and beat you to crusading against it. My kids are in #goals hands. No mistakes made here. Just the amazing wisdom that comes from couples who humbly reveal their lives "aren't perfect" before doubling down on curation in a "much requested" relationship tips post.

If it's mentioned again, I think she'll claim "readers" wanted the advice so she looked into it. Probably with the sickening, condescending tone that comes from people who've never been there and Dick turning it into a stomach-churning "Yeah, if you ever see these signs, WE think you should just get out."

February 17, 2017
11:37 am
pigeon club
Hamcat
Meows: 121
Snarking Since:
July 21, 2014

pearls_clutched meowed

Oh please! This woman gets more disgusting to me the more I find out. Glad I missd the actively dying pic.

No wonder people questioned the truth. She will do anything to get attention.

That picture is heartbreaking. I cried when I saw it, but then I put two and two together and realized it was posted the morning of the 15th, and he died that same morning. The post is about how she's been lying next to him in bed, but wanted to give everyone a quick update (with picture) while Martin was 'sleeping peacefully', and ended with her heading back into his bed.

February 17, 2017
1:22 pm
hangrycat
Hamcat
Meows: 100
Snarking Since:
May 13, 2016

I have a theory of sorts re: Emily's pinning of abusive relationships/marriages and what not…

Perhaps her and Dick want to be some sort of inspirational/motivational speakers (prev.mentioned up thread) of sorts since Emily is a seasoned re-married widow and has so much experience with loss and greif (drool) so pinning could just be "research" on how to broaden their audience….I hope I am making sense, I am terrible at explaining what I'm thinking. Which IMO would be pretty sick, orrrrrrr really she is crying out for help. But I can't seem to believe that really, which makes me revert to theory A above.

Any thoughts? 

February 17, 2017
2:00 pm
hangrycat
Hamcat
Meows: 100
Snarking Since:
May 13, 2016

Severus Snark meowed
I don't think anything will come of that pin.

I think she wants to be looked to as a source of advice (bet she loves hearing the phrase "so mature for your age") and in her mind pinning a blurb is adding to her visible mental resume. I think she also wants to play out previous happiness as "hard work" that is so virtuous in a marriage–partially, I'm sure, because it's hard right now. See? Well rounded, well read, totally able to take on grief if I even know how to help my friend Sarah with *her* relationship. See? My relationship can't be abusive because I know all about that mess and beat you to crusading against it. My kids are in #goals hands. No mistakes made here. Just the amazing wisdom that comes from couples who humbly reveal their lives "aren't perfect" before doubling down on curation in a "much requested" relationship tips post.

If it's mentioned again, I think she'll claim "readers" wanted the advice so she looked into it. Probably with the sickening, condescending tone that comes from people who've never been there and Dick turning it into a stomach-churning "Yeah, if you ever see these signs, WE think you should just get out."

I didn't see your comment before posting mine! What you said is what I am trying to say! sani_elephantdancesani_elephantdance

February 17, 2017
2:29 pm
cant write but still blog
Cat
Meows: 20
Snarking Since:
December 16, 2016

This RV idea…

Classic us-against-the-word, alienate from rl supporters move. No therapy, no family, no friends, no breathing room.

February 17, 2017
2:40 pm
great but does it spark joy
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3925
Snarking Since:
March 12, 2012

Yeah, pack you, your new spouse, and your five kids into a tiny RV that would be crowded with just two people sounds like the perfect way to ensure you're never alone with anyone who might try to pull honesty out of you. Especially your own brain.

tired of my old avatar // also super lazy
February 17, 2017
2:47 pm
Acadiana
Kitten
Meows: 2
Snarking Since:
February 17, 2017

Long time lurker, followed FF for quite some years (I think Sophie was just born).

I was wondering for a several weeks now if FF blog is simply dead. There is no new content at all (disgusting PJ photos don't count, sry) and even the newer posts lack good writing and seem to be driven by the purpose of pleasing the audience. I feel like reading old news when things got already discussed here and then she re-wraps it in a blog post.. I really think they might consider traveling to get new content in, lots of opportunity to take photos and also to proof that she didn't sit in Twin Falls all of her life and becomes that globetrotter she wants to be (also a road trip through the States doesn't make a globetrotter IMO) Very convenient that wolfdick doesn't need to put in leave…oh wait, forgot he's the video/YouTube channel manager nowadays go_away

I don't think she (and surely not wolfdick) should go the path to try to do any kind of marriage / grief counseling. Sharing your own feelings okay, but IMO she doesn't have the credibility to hand out advice in a way this weird Pinterest pins suggest. I liked reading her blog for some random light reading during finishing law school but what does a 25ish year old want to tell me? I don't want to lower what she had to go through, not at all. But handing out advice in a counselor way? That just needs a more educated and "rounded" personality IMO with less fairytale blur and more clear honesty

Besides I hate the phrase remarried widow .hammer . I hated the word widow every day since my late husband passed and just using it for filing taxes or paperwork made me want to puke. And after I remarried (7 years later, at age 26… losing your husband very young doesn't mean you need to jump on the next one) I considered myself a wife again. It doesn't mean I erase my late husband out of my life, but I'm mainly a wife and not a widow what her phrase certainly emphasizes more (maybe widow to Martin, wife to Richard would have been the less attention seeking and more "equal" way if she needs to deal the widow card). For me it's also not chapter 1/2 (although it seems to be common). Both of my husbands share the same first name, they don't go by any nicknames and yet I miraculously manage that people know whom I refer to.

That whole "I'm a widow" attention seeking behavior just let's me cringe every time. You don't need to be ashamed, there should be no taboo speaking about it but you don't need to push it into everybody's face all the time. Especially when you married 83 days later.

Anyways, let's sit back and watch the new chapters of the widow fairytales popcorn

February 17, 2017
3:41 pm
Sweetie Darling
Hamcat
Meows: 184
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2013

So this HuffPo article on remarried widows is making the rounds on Facebook, I guess – I've seen it twice today.

February 17, 2017
4:26 pm
CordeliaChaseYourTail
Cat
Meows: 39
Snarking Since:
January 21, 2017

Sweetie Darling meowed

So this HuffPo article on remarried widows is making the rounds on Facebook, I guess – I've seen it twice today.

Interesting article and thanks for posting. I know it relates a bit to previous posts (such as the PP who said she doesn’t like being known as a remarried widow), but IMO it doesn’t have much in common with Emily’s situation and sets up a bit of a straw man. Emily remarried after 84 days, not the five years the HuffPo author did. While there’s probably no bright line test on when is a good time to remarry, I think the less than three months thing is what FF’s readers have found so jarring. In general, of the widows I follow on IG (and there are a surprising number of young, Mormon widows, some of whom I accidentally started following through Nie Nie, and all of whom I followed before Martin died), most at some point remarry or find another serious relationship, and no one is anything but happy for them, including their former in-laws. The difference in a lot of those cases, to me, is the respectful way the women and even their husbands/fiances treat the first husband’s memory, and also probably the length of time that elapsed before remarriage.

February 17, 2017
8:27 pm
Sweetie Darling
Hamcat
Meows: 184
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2013

CordeliaChaseYourTail meowed

Interesting article and thanks for posting. I know it relates a bit to previous posts (such as the PP who said she doesn’t like being known as a remarried widow), but IMO it doesn’t have much in common with Emily’s situation and sets up a bit of a straw man. Emily remarried after 84 days, not the five years the HuffPo author did. While there’s probably no bright line test on when is a good time to remarry, I think the less than three months thing is what FF’s readers have found so jarring. In general, of the widows I follow on IG (and there are a surprising number of young, Mormon widows, some of whom I accidentally started following through Nie Nie, and all of whom I followed before Martin died), most at some point remarry or find another serious relationship, and no one is anything but happy for them, including their former in-laws. The difference in a lot of those cases, to me, is the respectful way the women and even their husbands/fiances treat the first husband’s memory, and also probably the length of time that elapsed before remarriage.

No, I totally agree. I think I've said it before – 84 days from death to remarriage is the stuff of bad Lifetime movies.

I guess I'm trying to work through some things myself. One of the woman who shared it on FB actually works with me. Her husband died 1 week after my father did in August. She's already dating; my (step)mom has gone out to dinner with a good friend of my father's a couple of times but she seems to feel obligated to reassure my brothers and me that these dinners are not dates. I want her to be happy and to move forward with her life, but (and I am fully aware that I am 4-freaking-1 years old and supposedly an adult) I'll admit that I felt a little anxiety at first – I don't want anyone, even this great guy, to *replace* my daddy. I can't imagine being a child and trying to process these feelings *cough* and I can't imagine the mom who would put her little children in that emotional position *cough*.

February 18, 2017
4:06 am
nightline
Kitten
Meows: 3
Snarking Since:
October 14, 2016

Stated she wants to be a globe trotter.

Looking for sponsors to travel such globe.

Wolf's brother and wife are living the life trotting the globe and having mad adventures.

Copy. Cats.

They want their  lives funded.

They want to be Dr. Phil.

I can help you with your marriage, I survived death of my husband, I found love again. Live your life. Authentic. Real. Blessed. Hashtag hashtag— give me money and my lifetime movie.

Cash them outside how bout dat….with money and sponsors. 

The end.

trainwreckgo_awaybyeswhocareschairreaction

February 18, 2017
6:11 am
Agnes
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 210
Snarking Since:
March 7, 2013

nightline meowed

Stated she wants to be a globe trotter.

Looking for sponsors to travel such globe.

Wolf's brother and wife are living the life trotting the globe and having mad adventures.

Copy. Cats.

They want their  lives funded.

They want to be Dr. Phil.

I can help you with your marriage, I survived death of my husband, I found love again. Live your life. Authentic. Real. Blessed. Hashtag hashtag— give me money and my lifetime movie.

Cash them outside how bout dat….with money and sponsors. 

The end.

trainwreckgo_awaybyeswhocareschairreaction

The truest post I've read in this thread.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.