:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Lemon Stripes
February 16, 2017
5:41 pm
Thanks A Latte
Cat
Meows: 43
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2016

I second everything you guys said about Florida. Even if there is a 0.1% chance, I wouldn't take it. Even if it was comped, I'm sure that they could have stayed at a RC elsewhere. I like her for the most part, she seems very professional about her blog, but she is very controlled and staged. 

February 16, 2017
8:52 pm
Burritobaby
Cat
Meows: 44
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2016

I too am turned off by her holier than thou attitude, particularly in her fertility journey post. Good for her that she can afford life/fertility coach, a crapload of probably expensive vitamins/supplements, acupuncture, a doula, all-organic, all-gluten free, dairy-free diet expense etc. Even if part of that is covered by insurance, I'm sure there's a significant out-of-pocket cost.  Also, lots of women take clomid to help overcome unexplained fertility. It's not a bad thing/shameful to be on a drug (albeit not 100% organic, wholistic) to help you get pregnant. This whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. If you don't have all of the other things cited above at your disposal, clomid is an effective, safe option.  But not for this special flower.

February 17, 2017
11:03 am
Becky With the Good Hair
Hamcat
Meows: 76
Snarking Since:
October 15, 2014

————- meowed
Sarasota has only reported travel-related Zika. As in, there have been cases of Zika, but only people who have come back from tropical locations WITH Zika. 

It is now endemic to some regions of Florida. I can't say I would be comfortable visiting Sarasota which is not too far from St. Pete where active Zika outbreaks have occurred in the past year. And how did it get to St. Pete and Miami?? Someone with zika (even if they got it while traveling elsewhere) gets bitten by a mosquito and BOOM outbreak. Doesn't seem too farfetched of a possibility in Florida which has a temperate year round climate. I know plenty of people live there and have normal babies, I just think, personally, out of an abundance of caution I would not risk it. 

February 17, 2017
11:48 am
Thanks A Latte
Cat
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2016

Becky With the Good Hair meowed

————- meowed
Sarasota has only reported travel-related Zika. As in, there have been cases of Zika, but only people who have come back from tropical locations WITH Zika. 

It is now endemic to some regions of Florida. I can't say I would be comfortable visiting Sarasota which is not too far from St. Pete where active Zika outbreaks have occurred in the past year. And how did it get to St. Pete and Miami?? Someone with zika (even if they got it while traveling elsewhere) gets bitten by a mosquito and BOOM outbreak. Doesn't seem too farfetched of a possibility in Florida which has a temperate year round climate. I know plenty of people live there and have normal babies, I just think, personally, out of an abundance of caution I would not risk it. 

This! I just don't think it would be that important for me to go on a beach vacation even if it was free out of fear of Zika. It's not like she hasn't been away for a while. She just went to California and said she is planning to go to Charleston! 

I agree with what someone else said about her fertility story – I completely sympathize with her struggle. I really can't imagine what it must have been like for her. But to make it seem like fertility doctors are bad and try to push medication on you, and those medications are poison, etc. She acted like she was so offended, yet those protocols work for thousands of women! Just seemed very out of touch. 

February 17, 2017
9:23 pm
passive aggressive gold medal
Cat
Meows: 14
Snarking Since:
August 19, 2016

Burritobaby meowed

I too am turned off by her holier than thou attitude, particularly in her fertility journey post.

I've never commented on this thread, but this. As someone who is actually infertile (two years of fertility treatments, all paid for out of pocket, now a mom through adoption), her special snowflake attitude about her fertility journey is off-putting. It's wonderful things worked out so nicely for her (pregnant naturally), but they don't for everyone. She hasn't had many challenges in her life (from what we know) and I wish she would have learned more from being confronted with a difficult situation. She is so cocky and smug about her "lifestyle" that I don't think I'll be reading any more.

February 21, 2017
9:35 am
concrete bunny bread
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 837
Snarking Since:
April 17, 2013

clearly reads here on the regular, since her latest post is a direct response to posts here, though she also says people emailed her about zika.

from her post:

Lastly, I want to say one more time, if you have an issue with something I’m posting or doing, I always appreciate a direct email (I try to respond to all of them), as opposed to you posting on a site anonymously. I take feedback seriously, but it’s hard to read when it’s said in not nice ways.

I like that she is willing to respond to people, but thank you for not telling readers what to do. If I want to post on GOMI, I will. Not everyone is going to like you, and that's okay. 

February 21, 2017
10:00 am
Burritobaby
Cat
Meows: 44
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2016

concrete bunny bread meowed
clearly reads here on the regular, since her latest post is a direct response to posts here, though she also says people emailed her about zika.

from her post:

Lastly, I want to say one more time, if you have an issue with something I’m posting or doing, I always appreciate a direct email (I try to respond to all of them), as opposed to you posting on a site anonymously. I take feedback seriously, but it’s hard to read when it’s said in not nice ways.

I like that she is willing to respond to people, but thank you for not telling readers what to do. If I want to post on GOMI, I will. Not everyone is going to like you, and that's okay. 

Good, I hope she does read GOMI and achieves a different/varied perspective on her decisions. She has to understand that people are allowed to have opinions/make observations and discuss them with others about things she posts on her public website. No one is going to directly e-mail her about any of the stuff discussed on here because we do not care all that much about her/her life to initiate a dialogue about it with her. She's just an entertaining read.

February 21, 2017
10:07 am
Thanks A Latte
Cat
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2016

Bloggers really do not understand that they are running a business based off of themselves and they MAKE MONEY off of their followers. We (as potential consumers of a business product) are allowed to make critiques and share our observations. I think it shows that she is very thin-skinned and I don't understand why she would single out GOMI on her blog and wag her finger at her own followers for having an opinion. While I like her overall, that really rubs me the wrong way.. 

February 21, 2017
12:15 pm
concrete bunny bread
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 837
Snarking Since:
April 17, 2013

Thanks A Latte meowed
Bloggers really do not understand that they are running a business based off of themselves and they MAKE MONEY off of their followers. We (as potential consumers of a business product) are allowed to make critiques and share our observations. I think it shows that she is very thin-skinned and I don't understand why she would single out GOMI on her blog and wag her finger at her own followers for having an opinion. While I like her overall, that really rubs me the wrong way.. 

yes. this, all of it.

So many bloggers want to be all tee hee, I have this cute little blog half the time and all i'm a #bossbabe the rest of the time, scoping up freebies. Criticism here is no different than a sports message board or a gossip magazine. It comes with the territory. I also don't care enough to engage in a conversation with Julia about whether or not I think she wears unflattering sunglasses(yes). Now, emailing her that would seem mean. 

February 21, 2017
3:11 pm
Hilsurf
Kitten
Meows: 10
Snarking Since:
June 7, 2016

I used to love reading her blog but lately she is quickly becoming a GOMI super fast. She's basically a journalist, and my friends who work in journalism understand that criticism comes with the job. It is impossible to please everyone. Like get over it, or maybe blogging is not for her. Like she needs either be more realistic and understand that people have opinions, and understand that or find a new job. 

February 22, 2017
9:28 am
Becky With the Good Hair
Hamcat
Meows: 76
Snarking Since:
October 15, 2014

Good grief! She just can't get over it….Post today called "Zika Free Florida Vacation" She really does not handle criticism well, like at all. I wonder how she did in performance reviews when she worked. 

Why would she think I should email her personally to address my concerns over Zika in Florida? I just said I wouldn't personally take the risk (after guidance from my doctor), but she's free to do whatever she wants. Her baby, her body. 

Furthermore, I don't call JCrew when the quality or fit on a pair of pants is off to discuss with the designer. I write a review online. She can't have it both ways — if you want to profit off a brand you have designed around your persona and life we the consumers of your brand have the right to be critical and we don't owe you a GD thing. Pretty suree Jenna Lyons doesn't get butthurt when I write my review — she knows it's the cost of doing BUSINESS. </rant>

February 22, 2017
10:37 am
Thanks A Latte
Cat
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2016

Good grief! She just can't get over it….Post today called "Zika Free Florida Vacation" She really does not handle criticism well, like at all. I wonder how she did in performance reviews when she worked. 

Why would she think I should email her personally to address my concerns over Zika in Florida? I just said I wouldn't personally take the risk (after guidance from my doctor), but she's free to do whatever she wants. Her baby, her body. 

Furthermore, I don't call JCrew when the quality or fit on a pair of pants is off to discuss with the designer. I write a review online. She can't have it both ways — if you want to profit off a brand you have designed around your persona and life we the consumers of your brand have the right to be critical and we don't owe you a GD thing. Pretty suree Jenna Lyons doesn't get butthurt when I write my review — she knows it's the cost of doing BUSINESS. </rant>

^Yes to all of this. She is so defensive. Everything in her life is just so perfect, so why would she be able to handle any criticism to the contrary drool ? "Zika-Free" Florida vacation? I don't think she can really guarantee that. Sure, your doctor said it's fine to travel there since I'm sure your comped vacation was already booked. But to advertise it as such is just misleading. 

February 22, 2017
4:53 pm
coveted username
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 265
Snarking Since:
March 5, 2016

Haha I guess I'm not surprised at this point. I just saw a sponsored post of her Vika Free vacation in my FB newsfeeed and since I didn't like her page on there she must target her competitors followers. A major life update, seasonal sales, etc I can see but to suggest that people that aren't your followers are interested in that "blog post." It's like holy way to take yourself way too seriously. And I don't mind her otherwise and think some of her outfits are cute but it does kinda leave a bad taste in ones mouth.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.