:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

71 Toes/Eyre Family
January 4, 2017
9:09 pm
The McKinney Mommy Mafia Does Not Approve
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 740
Snarking Since:
May 27, 2014

a hedgehog in uncle sams pants meowed

mushroom69 meowed

a hedgehog in uncle sams pants meowed

Could she mean a cousin on Ian's side of the family? Or was she just counting Eyre kids? I don't think there are 37 Eyre grandchildren-yet! 

Good idea, I didn't even think that far. 

For Eyre grandkids I count (5+5+5+4+6+1+2+1=)29

Ian's brother Hyrum has five. I guess some of the other siblings have the other four and maybe his sister who is newly married is pregnant? It's a lot of kids! 

Didn't she say in her post about visiting Ian's brother last month that her sister in law was pregnant?

ETA – no, no she didn't. I totally made that up in my head.

January 5, 2017
12:53 pm
TazLady
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 470
Snarking Since:
September 10, 2014

Shawni didn't blur out her address in one of the pictures (Lucy holding a Santa letter).  I'm not posting the address here, but a quick google search:  (in case anyone was wondering…)

"This 3,977 square foot house sits on a 1.08 acre lot. This property was built in 2005 and last sold for $658,000. Based on Redfin's Gilbert data, we estimate the home's value is now $869,463, which is 32.1% more than when it was last sold."

Oh, no – they aren't rich…. drool

Also – Zillow showed pics of the home inside and out obviously before the Pothiers gutted and remodeled – and I have to say, I don't blame them for doing it. 

January 5, 2017
1:59 pm
CropTop
Cat
Meows: 13
Snarking Since:
July 12, 2016

TazLady meowed
Shawni didn't blur out her address in one of the pictures (Lucy holding a Santa letter).  I'm not posting the address here, but a quick google search:  (in case anyone was wondering…)

"This 3,977 square foot house sits on a 1.08 acre lot. This property was built in 2005 and last sold for $658,000. Based on Redfin's Gilbert data, we estimate the home's value is now $869,463, which is 32.1% more than when it was last sold."

Oh, no – they aren't rich…. drool

Also – Zillow showed pics of the home inside and out obviously before the Pothiers gutted and remodeled – and I have to say, I don't blame them for doing it. 

eekuh The address is front and center in the picture, it's not even just something in the background that you maybe missed by breezing over it. 

January 5, 2017
2:19 pm
TazLady
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
September 10, 2014

Shows how clueless Shawni is.  She sometimes blurs out the kid's last names on things – like we don't know their last name.  But she doesn't blur out their home address.  Can you say "OBLIVIOUS and DITSY"?????angry

January 7, 2017
11:55 pm
B***h Eating Crackers
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 717
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2012

Its blurred now on the blog but not in my Feedly. I admit, I did look it up on Zillow and wow, she made the place look 1000% better. 

January 9, 2017
11:13 pm
fromtheoutside
Kitten
Meows: 7
Snarking Since:
December 11, 2015

The Pothiers definitely got a puppy for Christmas, which Shawni vaguely alluded to in her post about the blog book they got from Kara (and confirmed by a child's Twitter account…but I know that's supposed to be off limits for discussion here). I'm dying for Shawni's post on that. I've read 71 Toes for a long time and it seems like every so often Shawni mentions that maybe one day they'll get a dog. As someone who grew up with parents who constantly said "maybe one day" to my request for a dog, I'm happy to see that Shawni and Dave followed through!

January 10, 2017
6:42 am
erhmagawd
Hamcat
Meows: 150
Snarking Since:
February 23, 2013

Not to be a Debbie Downer but they are never home. Some poor family member is going to be a new dog owner by proxy.

January 10, 2017
7:24 am
The McKinney Mommy Mafia Does Not Approve
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 740
Snarking Since:
May 27, 2014

erhmagawd meowed

Not to be a Debbie Downer but they are never home. Some poor family member is going to be a new dog owner by proxy.

Is the dog a service dog for Lucy? Because then it can go with them.

January 10, 2017
3:57 pm
TazLady
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
September 10, 2014

Not sure if it's a service dog or not.  Still, one more thing for poor overwhelmed Shawni – taking care of a dog.  I hope someone in that ditzy family remembers to feed the poor thing.

January 11, 2017
2:12 pm
mushroom69
Kitten
Meows: 8
Snarking Since:
November 30, 2016

When I read TazLady's comment I thought that Shawni should have enough time to care for the dog, with the kids growing and Grace driving very soon even with Lucy's condition worsening. Then I read her post today and realised that her thinking about non-physical (for lack of a better word, not a native speaker) childcare takes up as much of her time as the actual diaper-changing and hair-geling took years ago. Genuine question and I think it's been discussed before but I wonder every time: Is it normal to worry about your kids' college applications or friendships and to have it as an actual item on your to-do-list rather than as an afterthought somewhere in your brain? I am neither a mom nor American so please educate me. 

On a different note: Linda's spell check failing her in the very post she praises it is just hilarious.

January 11, 2017
6:34 pm
optmisticskeptic
Hamcat
Meows: 109
Snarking Since:
November 4, 2015

mushroom69 meowed

When I read TazLady's comment I thought that Shawni should have enough time to care for the dog, with the kids growing and Grace driving very soon even with Lucy's condition worsening. Then I read her post today and realised that her thinking about non-physical (for lack of a better word, not a native speaker) childcare takes up as much of her time as the actual diaper-changing and hair-geling took years ago. Genuine question and I think it's been discussed before but I wonder every time: Is it normal to worry about your kids' college applications or friendships and to have it as an actual item on your to-do-list rather than as an afterthought somewhere in your brain? I am neither a mom nor American so please educate me. 

I'm a mom of 5 and yes I worry about my older kids as much as my younger ones. I don't try to fix their problems but I still worry about it. You never stop being a mom, the love is still there no matter how old they get.

On a different note: Linda's spell check failing her in the very post she praises it is just hilarious.

January 12, 2017
2:49 am
organic photography
Hamcat
Meows: 74
Snarking Since:
February 2, 2015

I noticed Elle gave KMS a shout out in the comments. Made me think of this thread haha. I don't mean that as a dig KMS/kris.

It makes me think how freaking weird it must be to be a child of a mommy blogger. Having your childhood consumed. So bizarre to have strangers think they know you and your family. The Pothier kids seem to take it in stride and Shawni is no Kelle Hampton or Taza but still so freaking weird to have people track your life like that. I once had a dream I was adopted by the Pothiers and it was super realistic and I woke up feeling super weird for knowing so much about them I could  have vivid dreams about them- and I don't even follow the blog that closely! Well I just outed myself as a weirdo. Shawni is a SOMI for me for the most part but I don't actually want to be adopted by them since 1. I am an adult and 2. way too much Mormonism and boy howdy enthusiasm!

January 12, 2017
5:18 am
grapesandoranges
Cat
Meows: 23
Snarking Since:
December 2, 2016

It makes me think how freaking weird it must be to be a child of a mommy blogger. Having your childhood consumed. So bizarre to have strangers think they know you and your family. The Pothier kids seem to take it in stride and Shawni is no Kelle Hampton or Taza but still so freaking weird to have people track your life like that. I once had a dream I was adopted by the Pothiers and it was super realistic and I woke up feeling super weird for knowing so much about them I could  have vivid dreams about them- and I don't even follow the blog that closely! Well I just outed myself as a weirdo. Shawni is a SOMI for me for the most part but I don't actually want to be adopted by them since 1. I am an adult and 2. way too much Mormonism and boy howdy enthusiasm!

Hahaha she definitely gets points for looking at the bright side of things. And yes, I do mostly like Shawni but blogging can seem so weird when you really think about it. I find it strange that if I saw one of Shawni's kids (or Taza's) walking down the street I would know so much about them and their family. Also, I wonder if teachers ever realise kids in their class have their whole lives documented online and if they read the blogs…would be strange to be both the kid and the teacher! I have no doubt there are at least a few teachers in staff rooms discussing personal lives of their students after reading about them on blogs! 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.