:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Dooce.com
January 5, 2017
9:05 am
Brenda
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 385
Snarking Since:
January 28, 2013

Well that was a fun tantrum. It's no longer even a stretch to call her a raging narcissist.  As for her claims that there are lies etc… behind all this, again, classic narcissist.  Was just discussing a former friend who also kicked her husband to the curb and then wanted everyone to think that he was a bad guy. But she cheated on him and instead of owning it, had to try to demonize him. Just like Dooce.

In other news, I know from a friend that Christy Turlington and a posse of wealthy women are going back to Tanzania next month to raise awareness.  Wonder if Dooce is going on this trip?  She's been stuck in SLC for quite a while. No wonder she's spending all her looking at Liz's Instagram.

January 5, 2017
9:11 am
raisesun
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 673
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2012

So is she mad that Liz posted pics of the girls or that her freikd(s) "liked" the pictures?

January 5, 2017
9:30 am
Dooce Bigelow
Cat
Meows: 17
Snarking Since:
March 2, 2013

I'm only 2 minutes into the latest podcast, which is about the photos, and she's basically pissed that "the step figure" posted photos without discussing with her or whatever and I can't even with this dramatic bullshit. 

January 5, 2017
9:34 am
Little Broom On The Prairie
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2703
Snarking Since:
December 16, 2013

Hmm. Interesting leap in Dooce logic. Has SHE ever asked her kids for permission to post every aspect/picture of their lives, no matter how embarrassing and invasive? Nope. But suddenly she decides PERMISSION MATTERS.

All three of these "adults" need to grow the fluck up.

January 5, 2017
9:41 am
Brenda
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 385
Snarking Since:
January 28, 2013

I can't quote! But seems like Liz is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. If she hadn't posted photos of Leta and Marlo while they were visiting New York, but DID post photos of her own kids, Her Highness would be b***hing that her kids were second class citizens. No one can do anything right in this situation except TAKE ALL THE KIDS OFF THE INTERNET!!

January 5, 2017
10:20 am
Dooce Bigelow
Cat
Meows: 17
Snarking Since:
March 2, 2013

I only listened to 14ish minutes but it seems like she's really angry because Jon at one point wanted her to stop posting anything about the kids, even pictures, without his reviewing it first and so now she's holding that failed attempt at control by Jon against Liz. Which is immature and ridiculous. She got her way and she needs to just be happy that they have fun and are loved when they are away from her. 

January 5, 2017
10:23 am
Dame Helen Chichester
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 724
Snarking Since:
February 11, 2013

This ridiculous b***h. "So many lies," really?? Way to rise above it, Heather, and show everyone that you're doing JUST FINE with this divorce you needed.

My ex is an assclown and even he would never claim that pictures on social media of our daughter and my husband together are somehow causing him problems with his career and business associates. others-221 

January 5, 2017
10:32 am
blogoriffic
Kitten
Meows: 5
Snarking Since:
February 16, 2014

Kristen "Rage Against the Minivan" Howerton liked one of Liz's offending Instagram pictures, so I'm SURE that majorly stings and pisses Heather off.  And I don't mean to White Knight for Heather, because the way she's taken this issue public is so tackly and inappropriate and middle school-ish, BUT I can actually see why having Kristen like Liz's posts would really hurt — from what I can tell, she and Kristen really only became good friends post-divorce, so she (Kristen) wouldn't have really even been friends with Jon and so going out of her way to like her friend's ex's girlfriend's photos when she presumably does know more of the details/backstory than we do, seems like kind of a dick move to me.  Then again, Kristen always struck me as a bit of So Cal mean girl (hence why her BFF status up until now with Heather made total sense) so I'm not surprised.  I think they claws are coming out on both sides and that friendship is over … shocker rolleyes

I listened to about the first ten or so MRS podcasts and I just can't deal anymore — they are so boring and whiny and naval gazing.  She offers no actual advice or insight for divorced parents, just blah blah I'm a victim blah blah me and my girls alone and no one understands blah blah.  I can't believe she's even talking about the photo thing on her podcast too, ugh (I mean, I CAN believe it but JESUS F'ing CHRIST woman, show some class …).

January 5, 2017
11:05 am
RanchoRelaxo
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 550
Snarking Since:
February 28, 2014

I am only seeing the MRS podcast from the 23rd. 

Anyway, not that I am in this situation, but Liz is a part of L and M's life whether Heather likes it or not. These are human beings, not toys where a person has a tantrum over "ownership." 

January 5, 2017
12:31 pm
Redrah
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 313
Snarking Since:
April 18, 2012

Darth Rosenberg meowed
I saw one response on this FB post that I thought might get deleted by Heather (so I screencapped it, like you do, always have receipts etc etc).

Someone named Kelly posted something about how if her daughters sense she's unhappy with their happiness, they'll sense it and moderate their happiness. In response, Heather posted: 

http://imgur.com/a/j08ak

(lmk if you can't see that… I couldn't figure out to embed it!)

It's pretty clearly pointing the finger at Liz and intimating that she's at fault here ("these happy pictures are covering up so many lies" … what kind of lies!) and creating damage to Heather's professional relationships …? 

All of this struck me as a little beyond the pale for some vaguebooking, and welp, now it's deleted. emoticon-animal-001

I'm just LOLing over "A COLLEAGUE IN MY COMMUNITY". A "colleague". You're a retired blogger. By this logic everyone with an instagram account is a COLLEAGUE of Dooce's. 

January 5, 2017
1:13 pm
ringo
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 343
Snarking Since:
May 11, 2012

The thing about that "community" business that makes me scratch my head is, Yeah.  That's how people meet other people.  Again, does she think she's the first divorced person, ever?

Divorced people meet other people sometimes through the same old shared connections – single dad marries a mom from school, or someone from the old neighborhood, or church or college or workplace.   If he's not marrying your sister, it's really not a drama.

Maybe Liz flirted with him years past?   Sure, maybe.  I'm sure in Heather's mind all the moms "in the community" were flirting with Jon (unlikely).   But she kicked him out.  And he found someone who liked him.  So that's that.  

Why is this somehow more unsavory than her idea of romance:  instagram stalking, public flirting, and then hooking up?

January 5, 2017
1:19 pm
Notarize!
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 778
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2012

Okay, I fought through and listened (Episode 37 – Stepping on Toes MRS podcast) while folding laundry and cleaning my kitchen:  

–Heather says that one of the reasons she couldn't see a future with Tuff Stuff was that he took a very, very backseat role with her kids.  He didn't really interact with them and seemed very hands off with them, which Heather seemingly took offense at, since according to her she raised GREAT kids whom everyone else LOVES because she is so GREAT as a parent.  As an Armchair Psychologist, I wonder if it causes issues for her that Liz is so welcoming and loving as a step parental figure, whereas Tuffy really wasn't (not his fault, really, he was younger and not used to being a dad!).  Like the scorekeeper I assume she is, she probably sees this as Jon 1, Heather 0.  

–Poor Marlo is under the impression still that her dad plans to buy a house in Utah and live there half of the year.     

–Heather referenced that when her stepdad married her mom soon after her parent's divorce, he left his daughters (who were Ranger and September's ages) in Tennessee when he moved to Utah to be with Heather's mom and her family.  Heather saw this as his being so supportive of her mom and her mom's career.  Granted, Heather's stepdad's daughters were much older than Marlo and Leta, and I don't condone what Jon did at all, but I wonder if she sees the parallels at all.  Both cases involve a dad leaving his children to be with a new wife/significant other and her family.  She praises one, but denigrates another, only because she is on the losing end of the latter.  

January 5, 2017
1:41 pm
amb297
Hamcat
Meows: 152
Snarking Since:
October 9, 2012

Little Broom On The Prairie meowed
Hmm. Interesting leap in Dooce logic. Has SHE ever asked her kids for permission to post every aspect/picture of their lives, no matter how embarrassing and invasive? Nope. But suddenly she decides PERMISSION MATTERS.

All three of these "adults" need to grow the fluck up.

I had the exact same reaction. Her perspective on privacy rules is really labyrinthine, and perhaps it makes sense with all the backstories, but it seems mostly hypocritical. 

Additionally, part of her bizarre rationale about how it's f'd up for Liz to post pictures is that Jon wanted Heather to stop posting pics of the kids on social media as part of the divorce agreement. Ultimately they agreed that they'd each use their best judgment. In other words, Heather is upset that her ex is allowed to play by the rules she demanded.

Finally, if this "profession" is "professionally compromising" for liking shit on facebook, I think we can officially declare the career of blogging to be the f**king stupidest one ever. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.