:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Dooce.com
January 5, 2017
1:43 pm
so much ham
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4731
Snarking Since:
July 9, 2012

She sounds on the verge of hysteria. It's so uncomfortable guys…I don't think I can make it through the whole thing.

She needs to get it together and be thankful for the fact that her girls are treated well. That's the only thing that matters.

January 5, 2017
2:16 pm
HammyTime
Cat
Meows: 17
Snarking Since:
December 17, 2014

Additionally, part of her bizarre rationale about how it's f'd up for Liz to post pictures is that Jon wanted Heather to stop posting pics of the kids on social media as part of the divorce agreement. Ultimately they agreed that they'd each use their best judgment. In other words, Heather is upset that her ex is allowed to play by the rules she demanded.

Finally, if this "profession" is "professionally compromising" for liking shit on facebook, I think we can officially declare the career of blogging to be the f**king stupidest one ever. 

Every bit of this right here.

January 5, 2017
3:40 pm
amb297
Hamcat
Meows: 152
Snarking Since:
October 9, 2012

Meanwhile, anyone catch Kate Bellows' comments on Heather's FB post about the heart stabbing? Is Kate Bellows a blogger?

January 5, 2017
3:56 pm
VenusFlyTrap
Hamcat
Meows: 174
Snarking Since:
May 2, 2012

amb297 meowed
Meanwhile, anyone catch Kate Bellows' comments on Heather's FB post about the heart stabbing? Is Kate Bellows a blogger?

I don't know, but I love her. She's not letting Heather get away with this totally petty, 6th grade bullshit. "Some of my colleagues 'liked' a picture of my children with my ex's new GF and now I'm sad." JFC. You'd think she'd feel utterly ridiculous for even HAVING those feelings, let alone going ahead and announcing it to the world. She is, emotionally and mentally, stuck at the age of 12. Jon and Liz must just laugh their asses off and roll their eyes at it all. 

January 5, 2017
4:38 pm
aclala
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 604
Snarking Since:
August 15, 2012

COLLEAGUE IN MY COMMUNITY is the cherry on top of that narcissistic sundae. God, how exhausting it must be to be around her.

She's a parody of a parody of herself at this point.

January 5, 2017
4:54 pm
georgley
Kitten
Meows: 2
Snarking Since:
September 2, 2014

Had a listen to the podcast this week and it was pretty awful.

Firstly, she spends way too much time insisting how great her kids are and how great she was as a kid. Ooookay.

She also really rips into Jon's parenting style and how much time he spends talking to the kids about what is bothering them and justifying why her parenting style is so much better. I just don't feel like that is something that she needs to be putting out there in public.

Heather doesn't seem to have any empathy for anyone elses position. At least Podcast John seems to have some ability to empathise with different people and tries to see things from their perspective.

January 5, 2017
5:03 pm
aclala
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 604
Snarking Since:
August 15, 2012

georgley meowed
Heather doesn't seem to have any empathy for anyone elses position. At least Podcast John seems to have some ability to empathise with different people and tries to see things from their perspective.

It's really interesting to hear her co-host try to temper her narcissism while also tip-toeing around her need to be right about everything. I don't know what his angle is exactly, maybe he really needs those Blue Apron commissions, but the dude goes out of his way ignore the absolute bratty way she behaves on that show.

Also, every time Heather talks about how hard things are for her or how great a parent she is despite it all I think of this:

January 5, 2017
5:04 pm
my aching rear carriage
Hamcat
Meows: 142
Snarking Since:
August 18, 2015

I made it through the podcast, don’t ask me how, but my kitchen is now swiped clean, the dishwasher is empty, but I’ll never really get that 50 minutes of my life back.

(keywords in bold because reading this will be just as bad as listening to it, and so I encourage a skim!)

Yep, mention made (once again) about mediation and how Jon wanted Heather to stop posting stuff about the kids, and she said nope, that’s not happening, and so Jon said then he’d like to “okay” anything she might post, and she said nope, no way, and so the mediator stabbed herself in the eye with her pen (again and again) and told them how about they agree to use their best judgment when posting things online with regard to the children.

However, as it now turns out, Heather sure would like to police what Liz puts online about her kids, and though she FBook freaked on the fact that people “supposedly” in her camp, oh wait not just her camp but COLLEAGUES IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS "liked" some of Liz's postings, she did not mention that aspect on the pod today.

In any event … way to go Heather Hypocritosaurus!

Heather also has a new babysitter named Lindsay that picks the kids up after school and keeps them busy until 5pm when she finishes work with her COLLEAGUES IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, because so busy, and she also mentioned that Leta gets a ride to school some days (or most days-not clear) and so really it’s evident she still has more time and more help and more avenues of support (besides her mother) and the “I’M A SINGLE PARENT DOING THIS ALL ALONE IN CALL CAPS” needs to stop.

She also mentioned that she and Jon have two different parenting and/or communication styles, which even her eldest has pointed out in that Heather just wants the person to own what they’re feeling but they don’t necessarily have to talk about it, but Jon prefers to dissect everything and over-the-top talk about it! 

Though Heather doesn’t force the kids to talk about stuff, she did notice Leta was upset one day prior to Xmas break, while waiting for her ride to school, and so she pressed her as to what was wrong.  What was wrong was that Leta felt like all the kids at school were looking at her, burst into tears, was quite upset about it, but Heather hugged it out with her and then shuffled her out the door after telling her that she felt that way in middle school too, and we’ll talk about this more later if you need to.

Didn’t dawn on her in doing the podcast, then, that she just told a story yet another story about her kid, a kid who already has the middle school anxieties of “everyone is looking at me, I can tell!”  And you know we’re not the only ones listening to (or trying to) the podcast.  Surely local peeps are too.  Way to throw your kid under the school anxiety bus!

Why hasn’t a COLLEAGUE IN CAPITAL LETTERS and/or a family member or a mental health caregiver pulled Heather aside and told her that all of this is JUST NUTS?!?!?!!?

And then I wish someone would also pull John Braying Donkey aside and tell him to GIVE IT UP ALREADY and stop being angry with his ex for leaving him and marrying the new guy, and that the healthy thing would also be to show some respect toward the new husband—and I’m not saying best friends—but Lexton has “noticed” and commented on the fact that he can tell that John doesn’t like the guy.  Way to go bringing the kid in on your inability to move forward!

Mr. Tuff was also brought up in so many words, how he didn’t really connect with her kids or become more involved with them, and how even after the break-up she still misses his sister and brother, got a birthday email from the brother this year and was just so enormously moved by it, emailed him back gush, gush, gush – when is she going to get on with her life, for reals BECAUSE THIS IS NUTS!

The unfortunate narrative was also brought up in that Marlo on some levels still thinks that Jon is going to get a place in Salt Lake City so that he can half-time it with the kids, because that was the narrative going into the divorce, and it’s what they’re “working on” now with Marlo to fix her broken heart. 

Much was said to make huge sweeping comparisons (Heather’s parents did divorce better than any parents-ever!) about how the Avon World’s Sales Leader and her step dad did everything right, and probably she had John Braying Donkey surmised that they too would do everything right, except OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS, they’re not even step parents, and so they have no bloody idea how step-parenting works from the step parent’s side of things.

And then of course, like every podcast ending, they encourage people to email them their thoughts on everything they’ve just talked about (in this podcast or any of the others) because they’d certainly be interested in others’ opinions except for one thing, I DON’T THINK ANYONE IS EMAILING THEM EVER, and if they are Braying Donkey and Heather Hypocritosaurus are not very good incorporating those comments and thoughts into any of their podcasts.

puke

January 5, 2017
5:29 pm
Finn Before Schram
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1983
Snarking Since:
July 11, 2012

Fresh chicken (huff), herbs (exhale), delicious (huff) recipes and (sigh) delicious ingredients (puff) straight to your (mouthbreathing) door with (gasp) blooooaprin (sigh). Sign me upppp!

January 5, 2017
5:40 pm
LaverneandHurling
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1104
Snarking Since:
August 5, 2014

I bet all my shoes the reason shit didn't work out with Tuff had nothing to do with the girls, but because he got sick of her shit. But god forbid she take any responsibility; better to make it look like he's a jerk who doesn't like kids or something. God, she's awful.

January 5, 2017
6:55 pm
Alice
Hi Im Alice And Ill Be Your GOMI Admin Today
Meows: 14846
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

LaverneandHurling meowed
I bet all my shoes the reason shit didn't work out with Tuff had nothing to do with the girls, but because he got sick of her shit. But god forbid she take any responsibility; better to make it look like he's a jerk who doesn't like kids or something. God, she's awful.

I honestly always assumed it was more along the lines of them being 2 years in and her starting to hint that it was time to lock that shit down – like he needed to move in with her and start progressing towards the altar, while he was under the impression they were vacation f**kbuddies, nothing more. Despite her attempts to sell him as a guy who wasn't just some rebound they never seemed to really go forward as a couple. Whatever the truth is, it doesn't make him a bad person for not wanting to legally saddle himself with some neurotic woman and her two kids. She doesn't need to turn him into some Nora Ephron movie manvillain just because he didn't want to step in as live-in nanny for Doris and her tweens.

ETA ok, no idea why I typed Doris instead of Dooce but I'm leaving it 

~*~ garbage person ~*~
January 5, 2017
7:57 pm
LaverneandHurling
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1104
Snarking Since:
August 5, 2014

Alice meowed

LaverneandHurling meowed

I honestly always assumed it was more along the lines of them being 2 years in and her starting to hint that it was time to lock that shit down – like he needed to move in with her and start progressing towards the altar, while he was under the impression they were vacation f**kbuddies, nothing more. Despite her attempts to sell him as a guy who wasn't just some rebound they never seemed to really go forward as a couple. Whatever the truth is, it doesn't make him a bad person for not wanting to legally saddle himself with some neurotic woman and her two kids. She doesn't need to turn him into some Nora Ephron movie manvillain just because he didn't want to step in as live-in nanny for Doris and her tweens.

ETA ok, no idea why I typed Doris instead of Dooce but I'm leaving it 

Haha, Doris!

Yep, totally agree. He's entitled to the life he wants and if there was miscommunication or hurt feelings then that sucks but it happens. Move on. I would just be highly amused if he was like, "The kids are cool, but this b***h needs to eat a carb and chill out…"

January 5, 2017
7:59 pm
raisesun
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 673
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2012

Like someone above mentioned, I found it interesting that Heather's stepdad also moved away from his kids. She didn't give details, just that his kids and ex-wife lived in TN and would come to visit.

John mentioned that they were recording the podcast before the new year, so this was before the Facebook drama about the friend liking a picture.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.