:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Dooce.com
January 5, 2017
10:17 pm
turn this car around
Cat
Meows: 14
Snarking Since:
January 10, 2014

I'm pretty sure that part of Dooce's narrative since forever has been about how bad her parents' divorce was on her and how it ruined her life yadayadaso it's interesting that now her parents had the best divorce EVAH.

I cannot stand Dooce and think she's pretty worthless as a human being however I do understand where she's coming from with her anger and resentment toward Jon and the situation he has caused by moving to NY.  Yes, she is the one who wanted the divorce.  Yes, he still sees the children.  Yes, she's probably bitter that he's in a long-term relationship and she is not.  Yes, she is not alone and has lots of help.  None of that changes the reality that a co-parent moving away and leaving you to handle the day to day minutiae of raising happy and healthy children while also helping them cope with their co-parent having moved away is kind of a b***h to deal with.  I'm not WKing for Dooce, I'm really, really not.  I just see this one point as a really crappy thing Jon did to those girls that Dooce is left to try and repair.  

The way she whines and complains about it sucks though. 

January 5, 2017
10:47 pm
Just Another Victim
Hamcat
Meows: 52
Snarking Since:
July 16, 2014

Dooce's latest attempt to wipe away Jon's contribution is hilarious.  She has an Instagram post about how Leta looks exactly like her.  Sure, you can see Leta in that smile, but c'mon.  Leta looks exactly like Jon.  rolleyes

January 6, 2017
6:21 am
fungez
Hamcat
Meows: 102
Snarking Since:
January 12, 2014

Yes, Jon is terrible for moving away from his young kids to a woman who has 2 girls roughly their ages. He had no serious, compelling reason to leave his children except he'd rather be with his girlfriend full-time than with them full-time. He'd rather visit his kids than visit his girlfriend.

January 6, 2017
6:29 am
Fake blogger eyebrows
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 346
Snarking Since:
December 6, 2012

smiley-signs064  and for him to ask that the children’s photo no longer be used ( although an excellent idea that they could both use) stinks of hypocrisy as it was fine when he was part of the Dooce household.

Leta is a perfect mix of her mother and father and you can take that statement as you wish.

January 6, 2017
6:42 am
wolf in sheeples clothing
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 362
Snarking Since:
September 20, 2014

fungez meowed

Yes, Jon is terrible for moving away from his young kids to a woman who has 2 girls roughly their ages. He had no serious, compelling reason to leave his children except he'd rather be with his girlfriend full-time than with them full-time. He'd rather visit his kids than visit his girlfriend.

It's possible he thought the distance would help him have perspective in dealing with Dooce. When he was in SLC he was totally her b***h, and that's not healthy either. I don't think there is a win win situation when it comes to Dooce. I agree that moving so far sucks for those girls, but now when they visit Jon they are really out from under Heathers thumb, doing things they'd otherwise not (camp, etc). IDK. They're both shitty people.
I wonder where Marlo got the idea Jon would buy a house there? That's a pretty normal little kid thought, I guess, but I can see Dooce going off on a rant about his Jon is awful bc he was supposed to xyz, and Marlo picking up that one piece.

Formerly Soupy Scones/ Cornmeal Whore
January 6, 2017
10:27 am
raisesun
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 676
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2012

fungez meowed

Agree. He made a terrible decision. It's unfathomable.

Wolf – Jon told Marlo some time ago that he was going to buy a house in SLC and split his time between UT and NY. It's clear now that's not going to happen, but Marlo still believes it.

January 6, 2017
11:16 am
CleoPine
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 333
Snarking Since:
May 13, 2013

The unfortunate narrative was also brought up in that Marlo on some levels still thinks that Jon is going to get a place in Salt Lake City…..

Wolf – Jon told Marlo some time ago that he was going to buy a house in SLC and split his time between UT and NY. It's clear now that's not going to happen, but Marlo still believes it.

According to John on his podcast, he did by a condo in SLC recently.  He mentioned several times over the past couple of months about getting a place.  When he talked about buying it, he said Liz and the girls stayed there with him during a visit.

January 6, 2017
12:01 pm
fungez
Hamcat
Meows: 102
Snarking Since:
January 12, 2014

He bought a condo? I got the impression he was un- or minimally-employed. He must have gotten some money during the divorce?

January 6, 2017
12:39 pm
Human Pinterest Fail
Hamcat
Meows: 155
Snarking Since:
October 9, 2012

Fake blogger eyebrows meowed
smiley-signs064  and for him to ask that the children’s photo no longer be used ( although an excellent idea that they could both use) stinks of hypocrisy as it was fine when he was part of the Dooce household.

Leta is a perfect mix of her mother and father and you can take that statement as you wish.

In his partial defense, Heather said on one of the podcasts that the children's photo privacy was never up for discussion because  Heather was bringing in the money so Jon had to live with it (more or less). She did not indicate that he expressed any reservations about it at that point, though. 

January 6, 2017
7:04 pm
HammyTime
Cat
Meows: 17
Snarking Since:
December 17, 2014

All her sanctimony about the pictures is just a smokescreen for the fact that Heather had a shitty Christmas and was looking to spread some pain.

That's not to say that Liz and Jon haven't been vindictive pricks, but watching Heather scream on Facebook about exposure for her children (which has paid her bills for 12+ years) and then pat herself on the back for showing such public restraint (via podcast) is too much irony for my Franzia to handle.

Yeah, Jon moved away and it sucks. But given her penchant for controlling everything, it might have been for the best. At the very least, no one wants to hear her b***h about Jon "abandoning" his kids until she can explain the difference between this and her stepdad doing the exact same thing, even though she praises him as zomg the-very-best-guy-evar.

Whatever, Doris.

January 7, 2017
5:23 am
Ham Dawber
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 457
Snarking Since:
July 18, 2012

I think, if I were in Heather's position, that I'd probably be hurt if people I considered MY friends were liking photos of my children on my ex's girlfriend's social media. Feeling jealous or hurt in a situation like that is actually pretty normal, to be honest. What's not normal–and most certainly not healthy–is to broadcast your hurt feelings in the most public and irreversible of ways.

January 7, 2017
1:26 pm
allegedly
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 821
Snarking Since:
November 22, 2011

And how is it affecting her PROFESSIONAL SO BIZZY MOM BIZZINESS? Did she demand that they send her friendship bracelets back and they went YOU CANNOT RUN ANY MORE FOR POOR PEOPLES? catfight

January 7, 2017
3:28 pm
blue balls in your heart
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 315
Snarking Since:
February 18, 2015

100% true. Which makes it all the more mind-blowing that Dooce is essentially making him (and his girlfriend) look normal and sympathetic. If she was the slightest bit more conscious or coherent about how to communicate, she'd look like a victim instead of simply f**king insane.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.