:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Dooce.com
January 7, 2017
6:19 pm
Lamemoniker
Hamcat
Meows: 190
Snarking Since:
May 14, 2012

Sort of off topic, but I just re-read this post by former BFF Beth, and I don't remember it saying what it now says. The way I remember it was that she blamed the whole friendship break-up on herself. I also had the impression at the time that she was trying to revive her blogging career by reminding everyone she and HBA were former BFF's and possibly get back in the good graces of dear old doocey.

http://www.crazyus.com/2011/11/03/im-an-idiot-part-3-dooce-and-crazyus/

I found it most interesting that she felt like she was walking on eggshells during their entire friendship and that it was "creepy."

January 8, 2017
12:21 pm
HammyTime
Cat
Meows: 17
Snarking Since:
December 17, 2014

Hadn't heard that story but it sounds like the song remains the same.

January 8, 2017
2:47 pm
Daria
Hamcat
Meows: 60
Snarking Since:
October 17, 2012

The post about friends liking photos of her kids is so petty. Especially since some of them (Heather Barmore, Kristen Howerton, Alice Bradley that I can see) likely know her kids and are happy to see them looking happy. This kind of immature "pick a side" bullshit is what made my parent's divorce unbearable as a kid, and she's not even self-aware enough to get that doing it publicly makes her look dumb.

January 8, 2017
3:39 pm
allegedly
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 816
Snarking Since:
November 22, 2011

No one curr that Dooce is butthurt. It's 2017, not 2007. I honestly don't understand why SHE doesn't understand that she's making a fool of herself. sfun_deadhorse

January 8, 2017
7:58 pm
ThreeCatsNoHam
Kitten
Meows: 9
Snarking Since:
May 18, 2012

I'm thinking it's beyond the "likes" but because Heather Barmore asked on instagram if they would be in town (Liz, Jon, kids) hoping they could get together.

In any event, Dooce is a petty jackass.

January 9, 2017
2:49 am
topsecretusername
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
December 22, 2016

Lamemoniker meowed
Sort of off topic, but I just re-read this post by former BFF Beth, and I don't remember it saying what it now says. The way I remember it was that she blamed the whole friendship break-up on herself. I also had the impression at the time that she was trying to revive her blogging career by reminding everyone she and HBA were former BFF's and possibly get back in the good graces of dear old doocey.

http://www.crazyus.com/2011/11/03/im-an-idiot-part-3-dooce-and-crazyus/

I found it most interesting that she felt like she was walking on eggshells during their entire friendship and that it was "creepy."

I'd forgotten all about this drama, but did a little googling after I read this and found a fairly recent post (2015) in which Beth accuses Heather of having essentially made up her psychiatric hospitalization?! (On the Crazy Us FB.) I actually believe Heather regardless, but it's pretty bonkers.

January 9, 2017
4:39 am
Tiny Shitlovers
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 370
Snarking Since:
March 13, 2013

I think Dooce exaggerates but I also think Beth seems slighty melodramatic herself. Blogging world only has room for so many divas …

January 9, 2017
12:16 pm
raisesun
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 673
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2012

From reading her blog and book, it really sounded like she had a several nights, a week, whatever, stay at a psych hospital. I remember when I found out it was overnight, I was very surprised! She never explicitly said it was 5 nights or anything, but the way she has always written about it made it sound like a lot more than overnight. I found it very misleading.

January 9, 2017
1:08 pm
topsecretusername
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
December 22, 2016

raisesun meowed
From reading her blog and book, it really sounded like she had a several nights, a week, whatever, stay at a psych hospital. I remember when I found out it was overnight, I was very surprised! She never explicitly said it was 5 nights or anything, but the way she has always written about it made it sound like a lot more than overnight. I found it very misleading.

Wait, when/where did you find out it was overnight? 

January 9, 2017
1:18 pm
HeckRazor
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 205
Snarking Since:
May 11, 2015

Ditto. I haven't read either book, just the blog. But I definitely thought it was a week or so.
January 9, 2017
1:20 pm
raisesun
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 673
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2012

topsecretusername meowed

raisesun meowed

I thought maybe it was in The NY Times article but that article says 4 days. I can't remember. Maybe I read 3 nights and thought that was much shorter than I assumed from her blog and book.

January 9, 2017
1:35 pm
HeckRazor
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 205
Snarking Since:
May 11, 2015

So, yeah, more than overnight. I don't want to nitpick over how many days. She obviously needed help and got it. If it was 3 to 4 days and people thought it was a week is not a big deal to me.

January 9, 2017
1:42 pm
Dooce Bigelow
Cat
Meows: 17
Snarking Since:
March 2, 2013

I don't know this blogger but based on an above post I did a quick search and found this post. She could be full of shit. But according to her, it was an overnight stay.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1119536438074054&id=351161524911553&match=ZG9vY2U%3D

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.