:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Dooce.com
January 9, 2017
1:59 pm
HeckRazor
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 205
Snarking Since:
May 11, 2015

Huh, yeah, she definitely says it was less than 24 hours and that Dooce has deliberately lied about the length several times (not just being vague and letting people believe incorrect things). 

I don't know whether I believe her or not because, as someone else said, this second blogger seems a bit of a drama queen and hanger-on still. Despite all the 'I'm so over it' declarations, she seems anything but over it. Plus, it's weird that all these revelations are from the same person.

Whatever. I think Dooce probably misrepresented a lot of things on the blog, but also, yeah, it's all kind of irrelevant now.

January 9, 2017
2:29 pm
kaboom
Kitten
Meows: 5
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2014

I'm not saying she didn't have PPD, but the severity could be compared to her cancer survivor designation.

January 9, 2017
3:46 pm
Dooce Bigelow
Cat
Meows: 17
Snarking Since:
March 2, 2013

kaboom meowed
I'm not saying she didn't have PPD, but the severity could be compared to her cancer survivor designation.

Exactly. 

January 9, 2017
4:16 pm
CJoAnneW12
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
December 18, 2015

I can't stand reading anything that Beth lady writes. She's all over the place. "I just have to say this, but I don't really care, or do I? or I don't care but I do, blah, blah, blah". I've tried to read a few things she's written about Heather and it takes her like 8 paragraphs to say something pretty simple and it makes me not want to believe anything she's saying. 

January 9, 2017
4:48 pm
EmLaur
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 558
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

CJoAnneW12 meowed

I can't stand reading anything that Beth lady writes. She's all over the place. "I just have to say this, but I don't really care, or do I? or I don't care but I do, blah, blah, blah". I've tried to read a few things she's written about Heather and it takes her like 8 paragraphs to say something pretty simple and it makes me not want to believe anything she's saying. 

Agreed! Her writing is hard to follow since she states something, immediately negates it, then restates it. Honestly, she seems kinda crazy.

January 9, 2017
8:26 pm
aclala
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 605
Snarking Since:
August 15, 2012

Can publishers confirm hospital stays? You'd think that would be something a fact-checker would want to confirm and it's such a huge part of dooce's narrative… it's been mentioned in every single article published about her. But maybe it's just not possible given HIPPA. 

I don't think it really matters now, nor did it matter in 2015 when Beth emailed that editor. I don't think anyone really cares what Heather says she does or does not do. 

Based on Heather's pathological need to play the victim-who-overcomes and her pathological hypochondria, all that matters is that it's possible she turned a one-day hospital stay into being institutionalized for PPD (which makes the whole schtick about Jon printing out emails to take in and read to her pretty gross). It's a lie I'm 100% convinced she's morally bankrupt enough to perpetrate and to justify in her mind as "true enough."

And as loopy as Beth seems, I wholly believe that Heather is a snake as a friend and "punishes" the people in her life who don't tip-toe around her vast emotional needs. I bet everyone here knows someone like that irl. It's a really common type of person, in my experience. One of the reasons I still follow her is she so reminds me of one of my former best friends. 

January 10, 2017
6:29 pm
VenusFlyTrap
Hamcat
Meows: 174
Snarking Since:
May 2, 2012

Well I could not love this photo more. 

heather1

January 11, 2017
9:58 am
It Sucked and It Still Sucks
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 377
Snarking Since:
April 24, 2013

Hey, hams.

Happy New Year! Look what finally got posted. It's actually not nearly as bad as I thought, though it's definitely rough around the edges and does NOT reflect whatever she claimed – 11 hours of work in the hotel or something? If her new gig pays her by the hour, they're going to be sorry she's so inefficient.

http://www.webstock.org.nz/talks/the-fraud-of-authenticity/

January 11, 2017
4:53 pm
Just Another Victim
Hamcat
Meows: 52
Snarking Since:
July 16, 2014

It Sucked and It Still Sucks meowed
Hey, hams.

Happy New Year! Look what finally got posted. It's actually not nearly as bad as I thought, though it's definitely rough around the edges and does NOT reflect whatever she claimed – 11 hours of work in the hotel or something? If her new gig pays her by the hour, they're going to be sorry she's so inefficient.

I really enjoyed it!  chair  I didn't expect to because I totally hate listen to her podcast.  For those not interested in watching the whole thing, starting at 23:17 she shows a bunch of Instagram pics of Taza and makes fun of her saying, "Those are my favorites.  The laughing over the shoulder.  I could never get it right."

January 11, 2017
4:55 pm
outersunsetSF
Hamcat
Meows: 125
Snarking Since:
November 4, 2014

I actually watched the whole speech. parts of it were good, i thought. chair

but she gives herself too much credit.

and as someone who started working/writing/designing online in 1994 — you are not the queen or grandmother of any part of it. you succeeded (financially) because of dumb luck. you were too dumb to not know that complaining about your job online would get you fired (and basically blacklisted)….. and you were more willing to share ugly/unflattering/real stuff online than willing/able to learn new skills/career.

end rant

January 11, 2017
5:13 pm
Alice
Hi Im Alice And Ill Be Your GOMI Admin Today
Meows: 14854
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

Hey, hams.

Why does she look so…DRY? I want to hold her down and slather her in moisturizer and force feed her omega-3 capsules.

And I have long felt that her b***hing about 'authenticity' is nothing more than massive sour grapes. She seems to think she personally invented blogging and is now pissed off that the second wave bloggers came in and left her in the dust. She wants to b***h and moan and try to act like she's superior because she refuses to evolve her voice, but that's not going to make her relevant again. It just makes her sound like a bitter meemaw yammering about how this generation is ruining the world.

Go eat your prunes and knit an Apple watch cozy, bitter meemaw.

~*~ garbage person ~*~
January 11, 2017
8:58 pm
amb297
Hamcat
Meows: 152
Snarking Since:
October 9, 2012

Alice meowed

Hey, hams.

Why does she look so…DRY? I want to hold her down and slather her in moisturizer and force feed her omega-3 capsules.

And I have long felt that her b***hing about 'authenticity' is nothing more than massive sour grapes. She seems to think she personally invented blogging and is now pissed off that the second wave bloggers came in and left her in the dust. She wants to b***h and moan and try to act like she's superior because she refuses to evolve her voice, but that's not going to make her relevant again. It just makes her sound like a bitter meemaw yammering about how this generation is ruining the world.

Go eat your prunes and knit an Apple watch cozy, bitter meemaw.

I would also love to have her body–and that dress is so weirdly unflattering on her. I wonder why she picked it?

January 11, 2017
9:43 pm
Finn Before Schram
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1984
Snarking Since:
July 11, 2012

INAPPROPRIATE HEART-STABBING WEEPING FOR DAYZ SO UNPROFESH THING TO do to a fellow wimminzmommyblargher colleague: "Like" a happy picture of their kids on insta.
TOTES OKAY: Putting pictures of a colleague's minor kids in a work presentation wherein you mock their parents. Double points if that work presentation is on freaking YouTube, available forever. Did she get releases from all the people whose material she was getting paid to mock? I would be livid if someone used my kids in this way. And she sure went batshit on a lot of people for using ZOMGUNAUTHORIZED!!! pictures of her DOG…but human children are not off limits?!?! Interesting morality you got going on there, Dooce.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.