:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Dooce.com
January 23, 2017
10:35 am
Seriously13
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 271
Snarking Since:
August 16, 2015

I didn't march on Saturday either (for a variety of reasons, most of all the fact that I had out-of-town plans that would have been very difficult to change).  But I wholeheartedly respect the decision of many women and men that I know to, you know, exercise their constitutional right to assemble and demonstrate in a peaceable manner.

So I don't have an issue with Heather not marching, and she may very well have had valid reasons for not marching (for one thing, given how sick Marlo apparently has been lately, taking her to, say, the march going on in Park City would probably have been a bad idea).  But all her pounding her chest about white privilege (isn't telling people that you know more about white privilege than they do the very definition of white privilege?) does seem like a pretext for being royally pissed that Jon and Liz were marching in DC, and that there was no way that she could top that.

January 23, 2017
10:41 am
Alice
Hi Im Alice And Ill Be Your GOMI Admin Today
Meows: 14996
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

Where is this happening? All I see on her blog is some off-her-meds sounding rambling about a children's book and apparently I'm not allowed to see her facebook.

idontknow

~ you and people like you ~
January 23, 2017
10:51 am
Seriously13
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 271
Snarking Since:
August 16, 2015

Yes, it's on Facebook.  Last week, there was a post where she was all, in case you were wondering, I'm not marching this weekend, and then went on to provide some reasons that didn't entirely make sense to me.  First I think she was upset that pro-lifers wanted to march, despite the fact that someone pointed out that the marches distanced themselves from the pro-lifers?  Then she claimed the marches didn't respect the rights of the disabled, despite the fact that some folks reported that the DC march was disabled-friendly?  But I think most of all, she was quoting people of color who were all, "where have all you white women been all this time?".  I actually think this is a valid point, but then Heather had to take the extra step of being all whiny and judgmental of people who did choose to march.

January 23, 2017
10:54 am
sequential shift refresh
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 425
Snarking Since:
September 6, 2012

She had a follow up post to state she was deleting and blocking anyone who rebutted her argument.

January 23, 2017
11:14 am
Her: Julliard Calves
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 979
Snarking Since:
September 14, 2014

Seriously13 meowed
But I think most of all, she was quoting people of color who were all, "where have all you white women been all this time?".  I actually think this is a valid point, but then Heather had to take the extra step of being all whiny and judgmental of people who did choose to march.

This is a perfectly legitimate criticism of the march/marchers but I find it hilarious that Heather's response to this question is "still not here for you". And that somehow makes her a superior ally.

January 23, 2017
12:03 pm
Alice
Hi Im Alice And Ill Be Your GOMI Admin Today
Meows: 14996
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

Suddenly was able to see her fb again, so enjoy.

http://gomiblog.com/dooce-thinks-your-protest-march-is-wildly-problematic/

~ you and people like you ~
January 23, 2017
1:02 pm
Dame Helen Chichester
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 778
Snarking Since:
February 11, 2013

This is a perfectly legitimate criticism of the march/marchers but I find it hilarious that Heather's response to this question is "still not here for you". And that somehow makes her a superior ally.

sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2

January 24, 2017
2:57 pm
dora_lora
Cat
Meows: 13
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2015

I just posted on the story about the march, but came here because I listened to her podcast the other night — the one about step parents, and beyond the absolute selfishness of it all, it was just SO BORING. I am a parent — I am not super into parenting blogs/articles, etc., but will read/listen on occasion — but this was painfully dull. On a subject that could really be interesting. Also, was wondering if anyone else reacted to this: she was talking about her own stepfather and said that he taught her her very favorite "life hack." He told her that after a shower, she should not put her towel in the laundry, but hang it up and use it again. And to this day, she uses a bath towel two or three times before washing it. Huh??!! People wash their bath towels after every use? We use our towels for a week before washing them. Are we gross?

January 24, 2017
4:05 pm
Sweetie Darling
Hamcat
Meows: 184
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2013

I had a college roommate who only used a towel once; I generally use mine a few times  I don't really count, but at least 3x. I don't think you're gross, but maybe I'm gross too?

January 24, 2017
10:56 pm
myfakie
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 508
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

My husband will only use a towel once and can't understand how or why anyone [namely, me] would do otherwise. 

January 25, 2017
1:25 am
Fake blogger eyebrows
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 346
Snarking Since:
December 6, 2012

…Dooce you rebel you use your towel more than once, so awesome, so inspiring.

But seriously people only use a towel once. My first thought is f**k that makes for a lot of laundry and second why ? I am clean when I have had a shower whats the deal ?

January 25, 2017
2:24 am
wolf in sheeples clothing
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 362
Snarking Since:
September 20, 2014

Fake blogger eyebrows meowed

…Dooce you rebel you use your towel more than once, so awesome, so inspiring.

But seriously people only use a towel once. My first thought is f**k that makes for a lot of laundry and second why ? I am clean when I have had a shower whats the deal ?

Exactly. If you did a good job scrubbing your ass, then your towel should be more than single use. Even if you DONT have citrus butt wipes. Just make sure the towel is hung up so it can dry.
All bets are off if someone else uses my towel though; I can vouch for my butt, but not yours.

Formerly Soupy Scones/ Cornmeal Whore
January 26, 2017
10:11 am
Sweetie Darling
Hamcat
Meows: 184
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2013

New podcast – I don't think I lasted 15 minutes before I went ahead and deleted it. Basically we're all going to be "destroyed" by this new administration.

Also, I really hate the way she says "bears". I'm from Arkansas – we're not that far from Tennessee, and we don't pronounce it like that. I've never heard anyone pronounce Crayon that way she claims to, either (it's cray-on, not crawn).

shutup

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.