:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

C. Jane and NieNie
January 13, 2017
1:31 pm
Duarto Feliz
Cat
Meows: 46
Snarking Since:
June 1, 2016

Today's post:

Dear Claire, Jane, and Charlotte,

Please make sure to dress modestly and be sweet all the time, or else boys might get the wrong idea, and it's your responsibility to make sure they control themselves. 

January 13, 2017
2:22 pm
a hedgehog in uncle sams pants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1558
Snarking Since:
April 5, 2015

Nie does always give us something to snark on. 

Oh Nie, f**k you and your awful post. 

January 13, 2017
8:00 pm
CJoAnneW12
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
December 18, 2015

From her blog today: "How can these boys value women if you don't show them?"

UHHHH, how about their parents teach them? I can't stand this mentality. I do not understand these types of excuses for rape culture. If you don't teach boys to respect you, no one will? Will Nie expect her son's girlfriends to teach them respect or will she teach them herself?! It's very, "boys can't help themselves from disrespecting you if you don't wear modest clothes!" It's really frustrating. And what if one of her daughters dates a man who doesn't value her body or treat her with respect (or heaven forbid, what if they are sexually assaulted) what is Nie saying here? That it will be their fault because the girls didn't teach them how to treat them?! How is that their job?newhere

January 13, 2017
8:07 pm
Uvabird
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 592
Snarking Since:
January 25, 2013

I read her post about her domestic wishes for her daughters. If every woman in my family and my husband's family would read this they would throw test tubes, laptops, a speculum, a dental drill and electrical components in her general direction.  All the women raised or are raising kids, but they have amazing careers as well.   

I winced when I read about being feminine and something something downfall of western civilization.   Wearing makeup is okay and skirts are fine but they are not the pinnacle of of existence.

January 13, 2017
8:24 pm
GobsmackedCelt
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 449
Snarking Since:
March 10, 2016

CJoAnneW12 meowed

UHHHH, how about their parents teach them? I can't stand this mentality. I do not understand these types of excuses for rape culture. If you don't teach boys to respect you, no one will? Will Nie expect her son's girlfriends to teach them respect or will she teach them herself?! It's very, "boys can't help themselves from disrespecting you if you don't wear modest clothes!" It's really frustrating. And what if one of her daughters dates a man who doesn't value her body or treat her with respect (or heaven forbid, what if they are sexually assaulted) what is Nie saying here? That it will be their fault because the girls didn't teach them how to treat them?! How is that their job?newhere

New you may be, but excellent post. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

January 13, 2017
11:25 pm
a hedgehog in uncle sams pants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1558
Snarking Since:
April 5, 2015

One of her oldest posts mentions her wedding and Christian saying "in a few hours I can finally touch your boobs." Crude, but pretty normal for a 21 year old guy who possibly had never seen boobs before and was excited to have sex with his wife, and probably shouldn't have been shared with the internet. Does Nie really think her clothing kept Christian from attacking her before their wedding? If I were a man, I would be insulted to think that I couldn't control myself and respect my partner's or any person's wishes. 

Also, with Nie's logic, does she think those of us women who do choose to not dress modestly or go into "male" centric careers are all being attacked all the time? And do we deserve it?

I know Mormons will come on and say this isn't church teaching but you all know it absolutely is. I'm impressed Nie left out the part about the girls being "chewed up sticks of gum" but maybe she did listen to a little bit of what Elizabeth Smart had to say. And on that note, would Nie say that Elizabeth Smart asked for her experience?

What an asshole. 

January 16, 2017
11:29 am
Top Hat Fancy
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 691
Snarking Since:
September 17, 2013

Huh…

I seriously was expecting a quote from MLK and then a pic of her doing something like really narcissistic. I'm actually surprised.  

January 16, 2017
12:16 pm
starbucks in a target
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 873
Snarking Since:
October 13, 2014

Uvabird meowed
I read her post about her domestic wishes for her daughters. If every woman in my family and my husband's family would read this they would throw test tubes, laptops, a speculum, a dental drill and electrical components in her general direction.  All the women raised or are raising kids, but they have amazing careers as well.   

I winced when I read about being feminine and something something downfall of western civilization.   Wearing makeup is okay and skirts are fine but they are not the pinnacle of of existence.

Nie can't fathom this because she could never handle working.  Not only is she lazy as hell, but we all know she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and could never hack those careers listed above.  Her blog reads really angry for me most of the time, she is mired in insecurity.  

January 16, 2017
12:21 pm
moxi
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 750
Snarking Since:
June 2, 2014

I took ballet for years as a kid. One day as my mom and I were leaving the dance school, I realized I had left my backpack behind. My mom went on outside to get the car and bring it curbside while I went to retrieve my stuff. As I came out, still dressed in my leotard and tights, a woman going into a business next door looked at me and said,"Keep dressing like that and you are going to get yourself raped, girlie."

My eight year old self got in the car and asked my mom what rape was. You can imagine my mom's reaction when I told her what the woman said!  

I do not think that Nie would ever say anything like this to a young girl. But I do believe she probably thinks this when she sees girls not dressed to her standard.

hammer

January 16, 2017
12:52 pm
Poison Envy Itch
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 819
Snarking Since:
January 20, 2015

MLK quote + beautiful landscape photograph = best MieMie blog post ever.

January 16, 2017
12:57 pm
B***h Brisket
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1180
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

CJoAnneW12 meowed

bandwagon nobody has to prove their worth and value as a human being but women are always being tested and always having to prove their worth and value by how men perceive them as. It's like guilty unless proven innocent. No woman deserves to be treated like shit until they prove how worthy they are puke

January 16, 2017
1:03 pm
B***h Brisket
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1180
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

moxi meowed

I took ballet for years as a kid. One day as my mom and I were leaving the dance school, I realized I had left my backpack behind. My mom went on outside to get the car and bring it curbside while I went to retrieve my stuff. As I came out, still dressed in my leotard and tights, a woman going into a business next door looked at me and said,"Keep dressing like that and you are going to get yourself raped, girlie."

My eight year old self got in the car and asked my mom what rape was. You can imagine my mom's reaction when I told her what the woman said!  

I do not think that Nie would ever say anything like this to a young girl. But I do believe she probably thinks this when she sees girls not dressed to her standard.

hammer

facepalmdead no no no. That is disgusting to say to anyone let alone a child. I've never heard anyone say that to a topless 8 year old boy so why say that to a ballet student?

January 16, 2017
4:55 pm
moxi
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 750
Snarking Since:
June 2, 2014

^^^  That woman was of the mindset that even as a little 8 year old, me in my tights and leotard could tease a man so much that he might rape me..and it would be my fault for wearing "sexy clothes".  

Horrible? Absolutely. But the really horrible thing is that many, many people think like this. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.