:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hanging with the Hewitts
January 10, 2017
2:03 pm
rstyled shit show
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 526
Snarking Since:
April 27, 2015

melones meowed
Nice builder beige carpet with another more stylish carpet plopped on top.  Custom would mean tailoring your floors to each room….

I'm surprised she didn't put laminate flooring down in the playroom with the area rug on top.

But then again she has no common sense designer knowledge

Contractor beige along with the contractor white for the walls.snore

Oh yea, "custom".

previously my cookies are cleared
January 10, 2017
2:39 pm
Barbie Skin
Hamcat
Meows: 82
Snarking Since:
August 1, 2014

I am shocked that lighting fixture is in a playroom! My boys have all sorts of balls flying through the air in our playroom and that thing would be shattered in a second. (or maybe my kids are just wild) But it's pretty, so… angry

January 10, 2017
2:44 pm
obsessions on repeat
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1148
Snarking Since:
April 8, 2015

snarky_malarkey meowed
Did anyone else catch that she posted one outfit for girls night out (sparkly sweater, stilettos) … and it was completely different than the outfit she wore (basic black sweater, as seen in Natalie's "Scenes from our Weekend" post)?

Nice catch!  She looked like a drunken idiot in that pic and that guy did not look like Stiffler at ALL.  Not to say I'm not also a drunken idiot at times but I still know how to pose for a picture.  Her bangs pinned back like that is even worse than her bangs on their own.  facepalm

That carpet is going to look like CRAP in a few years.  We bought brand new, was already built so we didn't pick anything.  I was pregnant so I just wanted to move and do nothing.  But we have basically that same carpet and it looks terrible 10 years later.  I knew I didn't like it when we moved but it seemed wasteful to replace brand new carpet.  Still I wish we had because we need to replace it now and it's going to be such a huge PITA.

January 10, 2017
3:27 pm
#soveryblessed
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 436
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2016

birdistheword meowed
She really confuses me.  She hasn't packed the old house.  She doesn't have anything in the new house – what is she doing all day?  Honestly?  She has known she was moving for a year – I don't understand. 

Also for a "custom" build – there sure is a lot of stuff that hasn't been started.  Today's IG story is talking about the playroom and the built-ins that are about to be started.  I've never built a house – but I kind of thought that stuff would happen while it's being built?  Same for her closet…. Someone help me out and explain. 

It's because it's not a custom build.  They are adding things after the fact to a John Weiland home.

neé imeanreally
January 10, 2017
10:26 pm
backincollege
Cat
Meows: 12
Snarking Since:
January 10, 2017

I used to live on DI before I moved to Mtp and from what I have seen from her IG stories and pictures they live in the newer section aka where all the "new money"/ people who move to Charleston from other places flock to. She would get eaten alive if she were on other parts of the island. And she definitely did not custom build her home, they probably bought it before it was built and got to pick which counters, cabinets, layout, etc. 

January 10, 2017
10:33 pm
#soveryblessed
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 436
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2016

backincollege meowed
I used to live on DI before I moved to Mtp and from what I have seen from her IG stories and pictures they live in the newer section aka where all the "new money"/ people who move to Charleston from other places flock to. She would get eaten alive if she were on other parts of the island. And she definitely did not custom build her home, they probably bought it before it was built and got to pick which counters, cabinets, layout, etc. 

Not white knighting Caycee, but I get so annoyed by this "new money" slam.  Sorry, are some of you Vanderbilts, Morgans or Rockefellers?  Almost everyone with "money" in this country is "new money".  Which is awesome.

neé imeanreally
January 10, 2017
11:41 pm
alydar
Hamcat
Meows: 109
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

#soveryblessed meowed

backincollege meowed

Not white knighting Caycee, but I get so annoyed by this "new money" slam.  Sorry, are some of you Vanderbilts, Morgans or Rockefellers?  Almost everyone with "money" in this country is "new money".  Which is awesome.

backincollege is probably referring to "Old Charleston" society. The south can be very judgemental. There are certainly places that are looked down on by the old-timers, even though they may seem perfectly fine to everyone else. DI in general, and particularly her end of it, is not where the big money of Charleston society live, despite what she wants everyone to think.

January 10, 2017
11:48 pm
Happy Friday, Friends
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1235
Snarking Since:
March 30, 2014

alydar meowed

#soveryblessed meowed

backincollege meowed

backincollege is probably referring to "Old Charleston" society. The south can be very judgemental. There are certainly places that are looked down on by the old-timers, even though they may seem perfectly fine to everyone else. DI in general, and particularly her end of it, is not where the big money of Charleston society live, despite what she wants everyone to think.

smiley-signs064 Also, I think describing someone as "new money" is more about their behavior or lifestyle than their actual financial status.

January 11, 2017
9:58 am
Helen Van Patterson Patton
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2524
Snarking Since:
December 15, 2012

Bowls of Cigarettes meowed

alydar meowed

#soveryblessed meowed

backincollege meowed

smiley-signs064 Also, I think describing someone as "new money" is more about their behavior or lifestyle than their actual financial status.

I agree with you.  I think this is a much more accurate definition of how the term "new money" is used in the south.  It's less about how long your family has had money and more about how determined to show off that you now have some money.  It's all very conspicuous consumptiony.  

January 11, 2017
10:48 am
SassyBritches
Cat
Meows: 36
Snarking Since:
April 13, 2016

Bowls of Cigarettes meowed

alydar meowed

#soveryblessed meowed

backincollege meowed

I 100% agree. I'm from the South and am part of what is considered an "old money family" in my town. It's not necessarily about the actual bank accounts, but more about behavior. There are certain areas around my town that "old money" families consider tacky, and I'm guessing this is how "old money Charleston" views DI.

January 11, 2017
11:11 am
amazing husband gorgeous house
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 850
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2014

#soveryblessed meowed

backincollege meowed

So funny. I thought to be considered "new money" or "old money" you actually had to have money. Buying a $600,000 house does not equate any kind of money in my opinion. I agree with the posters below that when labeling Caycee it is more about attitude, and Caycee is definitely all about showiness and being such a try-hard, which are typically equated with the more flashy new money group. Interestingly, knowing Caycee, she would see any comment involving her and "money" as a compliment. rolleyes

January 11, 2017
11:40 am
tupper where the f is the lid
Cat
Meows: 40
Snarking Since:
August 1, 2016

I wonder why she took today's post down? Was it because of the girls night outfit mix up?

January 11, 2017
3:30 pm
secretmeatball
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 977
Snarking Since:
November 19, 2013

tupper where the f is the lid meowed
I wonder why she took today's post down? Was it because of the girls night outfit mix up?

She said on IG stories that Blogger deleted her post. But, don't fret….she rewrote it and linked the cookbooks in case no one has ever heard of Google. rolleyes

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.