:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hanging with the Hewitts
February 17, 2017
12:23 pm
investment piece
Hamcat
Meows: 172
Snarking Since:
April 10, 2015

She was so desperate for that Daniel Island zip code that they probably completely maxed out their budget paying for the land and the house. If she truly had the kind of money she's trying to act like she does, all of these finishes would have been accounted for in the budget for the house, she would have gone to showrooms to select everything and they all would have been installed during construction. Instead, they have this house in a nice neighborhood ( not my cup of tea, but it's nice ) that probably looks pretty nice from the outside but it filled with every cheap,trendy piece of furniture/finish/accessory this girl could could find with an RStyle link. I'm sure spending time online looking for all this tacky stuff takes hours so maybe that's why it took so long to move.

February 17, 2017
12:53 pm
Thanks A Latte
Cat
Meows: 43
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2016

Ok Charleston Hams, my husband and I visited Charleston/MP last summer because he is planning to find a new job a year in the next year. We want to move down South and absolutely love Charleston. But these Charleston bloggers, including Caycee just skew my perspective a little and taint it for me…. is everyone really like this? I'm in my early 30's, and as much as I love the area, I wonder if it's all materialism, competition, show-offs and keeping up with the other Jones aka other bloggers?

February 17, 2017
1:17 pm
Sweet Southern Schiller
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 388
Snarking Since:
March 21, 2014

Thanks A Latte meowed

Ok Charleston Hams, my husband and I visited Charleston/MP last summer because he is planning to find a new job a year in the next year. We want to move down South and absolutely love Charleston. But these Charleston bloggers, including Caycee just skew my perspective a little and taint it for me…. is everyone really like this? I'm in my early 30's, and as much as I love the area, I wonder if it's all materialism, competition, show-offs and keeping up with the other Jones aka other bloggers?

Charleston is an amazing city; don't let these twits spoil it for you. None of these CHS bloggers are natives, just transplants and their actions reflect that immensely. Yes, there's a lot of money in Charleston and thus consumerism, but that's not what makes it great. True Charlestonisns are so philanthropic, cultured, interesting, etc. there's an amazing social scene, museums galore, of course all the great things that come along with access to water and so much more. These women DO NOT represent Charleston at all. Also, real women of Charleston have such a fun, unique sense of style that these women certainly do not. In short, this place is amazing. They don't represent it.

February 17, 2017
1:17 pm
#soveryblessed
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 516
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2016

Thanks A Latte meowed

NO.  

neé imeanreally
February 17, 2017
1:26 pm
investment piece
Hamcat
Meows: 172
Snarking Since:
April 10, 2015

Thanks A Latte meowed

Absolutely not! As with any city, there are definitely a fair amount of assholes ( especially now that the city has gotten more popular ) but Charleston is amazing. There are so many interesting things to do, places to go and contrary to what these girls depict, the city is filled with really interesting, intelligent people. I've lived here my whole life and one of the main reasons all of these girls get under my skin is because they depict Charleston in the most materialistic, boring light. I promise if you move here you'll love it! :)

February 17, 2017
1:44 pm
My Baby Is A Better Kettlebell Than Your Baby
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 592
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2014

Thanks A Latte meowed

I agree with all of the Hams above. We were in a similar situation to you – wanted to move down South bc my husband is originally from TN, planned the move over the course of a year with both of us finding new jobs. I would have LOVED to land in Charleston, but it was just too tough with my particular career field. I was on maternity leave and we spent a few weeks in a couple of southern cities to get a feel for our choices, and Charleston definitely had the best food, warmest people, most to do for a couple in their 30's… I am jealous if it's an option for you. And these women remind me more of the women I interact with in Charlotte (where we landed) on the regular than the type of people I met when (briefly) in Charleston. I echo the ham above who says these twits are transplants in the worst way (i.e. no interest in anything cultural, just in geotagging their insta photos and shopping at the same stores on King Street you can find in any mall in the US….)

Formerly Pumpkin Spice Bitchcakes
February 17, 2017
3:33 pm
#soveryblessed
Senior Hamcat
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2016

My Baby Is A Better Kettlebell Than Your Baby meowed

Thanks A Latte meowed

I agree with all of the Hams above. We were in a similar situation to you – wanted to move down South bc my husband is originally from TN, planned the move over the course of a year with both of us finding new jobs. I would have LOVED to land in Charleston, but it was just too tough with my particular career field. I was on maternity leave and we spent a few weeks in a couple of southern cities to get a feel for our choices, and Charleston definitely had the best food, warmest people, most to do for a couple in their 30's… I am jealous if it's an option for you. And these women remind me more of the women I interact with in Charlotte (where we landed) on the regular than the type of people I met when (briefly) in Charleston. I echo the ham above who says these twits are transplants in the worst way (i.e. no interest in anything cultural, just in geotagging their insta photos and shopping at the same stores on King Street you can find in any mall in the US….)

Well, this makes sense as Assley and Natalie are both from Charlotte!!

neé imeanreally
February 17, 2017
3:51 pm
obsessions on repeat
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1258
Snarking Since:
April 8, 2015

jorts meowed
Those shelves are supposed to be for men's shoes.  Anyone who designs a woman's closet chooses adjustable shelves for shoes – since we need bigger shelves for heels and boots vs. flats or sneakers.  

I think those shelves are beyond stupid for any kind of shoes, just don't get it.  You can't even line them up side by side, they don't look deep enough.  

That chandelier placement is driving me crazy too.  Why the hell is SO close to the wall?!?  How are you going to move it aside to use those shelves and cabinet?!?

And also agree about the mixed metals in Taylor's bathroom, the generic stainless looks so cheap and boring.  Why not use rubbed bronze faucet and knobs instead?  Even brushed nickel would be better.  Or add some fun colorful or even crystal look knobs, it's for a KID for crying out loud.  I got these for my DD's bathroom from Hobby Lobby, they look a lot better in person.

Multi-Color Pearl Beaded Knob

February 17, 2017
3:59 pm
Ditto
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2134
Snarking Since:
October 10, 2012

amazing husband gorgeous house meowed
Wonder how long it will take her to pick the step stool she will need to reach the upper rods and the shelving.

Not long, because it will have either gold or lucite legs and be covered with white, faux Mongolian sheepskin.  Just like every other blogger out there.  

February 17, 2017
6:54 pm
melones
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 573
Snarking Since:
December 14, 2012

Does Taylor's bathroom have one of those integrated sink and countertops and 4 inch backsplash…  Soooo custom Caycee….

February 17, 2017
7:27 pm
#soveryblessed
Senior Hamcat
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2016

melones meowed
Does Taylor's bathroom have one of those integrated sink and countertops and 4 inch backsplash…  Soooo custom Caycee….

In her defense (not really) it's a basic builder house.  John Weekley Homes.  

neé imeanreally
February 18, 2017
10:52 am
blessed to live here
Cat
Meows: 30
Snarking Since:
January 28, 2013

Hi Craycee hi-103She's trolling us with her instastory this morning of the closet shelves filled with 3 pairs of Kate Spade pumps on each shelf. The chandelier does look centered but the closet is narrow AF. Makes me claustrophobic just looking at it.

February 18, 2017
12:40 pm
melones
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 573
Snarking Since:
December 14, 2012

THAT is the Master closet…..good lord what did her old one look like that she's so excited about this…..

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.