:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hey Natalie Jean / Nat The Fat Rat II
December 17, 2016
5:03 pm
Her: Julliard Calves
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 934
Snarking Since:
September 14, 2014

idontknow maybe it had to do with the fact that they are two entirely different people than they were when they got married.

This makes me sad. Nat had her moments sure but fame (even of the Internet variety) can really get the better of even the best people. I think she seems smart and kind and lovely and heartbreakingly lost.

Nat, if you still read here (and I sincerely hope you don't) I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for, and that happiness catches up with you along the way.

December 17, 2016
11:13 pm
myfakie
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 471
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

Seriously though, if they are getting divorced, is anyone here really shocked?

December 18, 2016
10:43 am
joydivider21
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 442
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2014

I'm gonna wk here. They got married young and over the course of a decade plus of life's problems, people change. It is inevitable. Sometimes, you and your partner are able to accept those changes and personal evolution, and other times, you go your separate ways.

I've seen this happen in my own circle and it's not like anyone is going out in a fiery bang, it's more of a slow fizzle. I'm sure they are both hurting and honestly hope that they can figure out how to be the best people they can while co-parenting. I'm sure it makes for a rough holiday season.

December 19, 2016
5:58 am
*~this city~*
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 647
Snarking Since:
August 14, 2012

idk you guys. she's definitely not blameless. ex. announcing on blog that her husband had a nervous breakdown and teasing more details in her upcoming failbook was pretty shitty. (that bit was deleted from the blog later that day and when the book went to print it wasn't mentioned – i'm sure he was unhappy about his health issues being aired out).

the artist formerly known as shippy
December 19, 2016
6:20 pm
ImNotLikeARegularMomImACoolMom
Hamcat
Meows: 150
Snarking Since:
November 1, 2016

*~this city~* meowed

idk you guys. she's definitely not blameless. ex. announcing on blog that her husband had a nervous breakdown and teasing more details in her upcoming failbook was pretty shitty. (that bit was deleted from the blog later that day and when the book went to print it wasn't mentioned – i'm sure he was unhappy about his health issues being aired out).

What nervous breakdown?!

December 19, 2016
7:18 pm
RESPECT Platonic Chicken Bones
MEOWGOD
Meows: 13200
Snarking Since:
April 11, 2012

ImNotLikeARegularMomImACoolMom meowed

*~this city~* meowed

What nervous breakdown?!

Took me a minute, but it starts at the bottom of http://gomiblog.com/forums/mommy-bloggers/nat-the-fat-rat-2/page-902

She changed it later that day and thankfully it never made her book.

Let's recap, she outs him as a dog strangler, broadcasts his nervous breakdown, reveals he drinks beer as a devote Mormon; no, none of it is her fault.

December 19, 2016
7:37 pm
myfakie
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

I'm pretty sure the nervous breakdown story made her book. (Too lazy/not interested enough to check.)

ETA: Ok, I caved and checked. It's definitely there – ch 19, p1403-4.

December 19, 2016
7:51 pm
MEOWGOD
Snarking Since:
April 11, 2012

myfakie meowed

I'm pretty sure the nervous breakdown story made her book. (Too lazy/not interested enough to check.)

ETA: Ok, I caved and checked. It's definitely there – ch 19, p1403-4.

What was the story there?

December 19, 2016
7:59 pm
myfakie
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

She starts off 'My husband had a nervous breakdown. He totally cracked, is what happened' then writes about the details (touch clients, mounting work pressures etc). Basically, B wanted to quit his job but she wouldn't let him 'as all he needed to do was get his groove back'.

She's vile.

December 19, 2016
8:28 pm
MEOWGOD
Snarking Since:
April 11, 2012

myfakie meowed
She starts off 'My husband had a nervous breakdown. He totally cracked, is what happened' then writes about the details (touch clients, mounting work pressures etc). Basically, B wanted to quit his job but she wouldn't let him 'as all he needed to do was get his groove back'.

She's vile.

You mean she wouldn't let him because she needed the paycheck.

December 19, 2016
11:06 pm
Notarize!
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 779
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2012

RESPECT Shitish Grifting and Scams meowed

myfakie meowed

She's vile.

You mean she wouldn't let him because she needed the paycheck.

He ended up quitting anyway, right?  He used to be at a Big 4 accounting firm IIRC.  Now he is a professor in Idaho.  Maybe that was the beginning of the end for them as a couple.  

December 19, 2016
11:42 pm
myfakie
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

myfakie meowed

She's vile.

Quoting myself to correct typos – TOUGH clients, not touch clients.

December 20, 2016
12:02 pm
I LOVE YOU DENNIS WEAVER!
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 8175
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

Her: Julliard Calves meowed
idontknow maybe it had to do with the fact that they are two entirely different people than they were when they got married.

This makes me sad. Nat had her moments sure but fame (even of the Internet variety) can really get the better of even the best people. I think she seems smart and kind and lovely and heartbreakingly lost.

Nat, if you still read here (and I sincerely hope you don't) I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for, and that happiness catches up with you along the way.

I wouldn't use that descriptor for Natalie. Not only for outing her husband and blasting his personal health crisis online but she is just not a nice person. She wrote some pretty crummy stuff about her colleagues back when they lived in Moscow the first go round, she was dismissive and snappy to her fans back when she was blogging, and her inability to take ownership of anything in her life got to pretty nasty levels at times. 

I mean, whatever, we aren't all sugar and spice and she certainly isn't as awful as some of the other mommy bloggers but no, kind is not something I would say about her. 

I do agree that if they have separated, it had a lot to do with being different people at this age than when they got married and wanting different futures. 

Formerly Delusions of Adequacy // It's ooober

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.