:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hey Natalie Jean / Nat The Fat Rat II
December 20, 2016
5:05 pm
jubby
Hamcat
Meows: 56
Snarking Since:
April 27, 2013

Don't forget the Anne Frank house incident. 

December 21, 2016
10:43 pm
ImNotLikeARegularMomImACoolMom
Hamcat
Meows: 151
Snarking Since:
November 1, 2016

jubby meowed

What anne frank house incident?!

December 22, 2016
3:32 am
wolf in sheeples clothing
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 362
Snarking Since:
September 20, 2014

ImNotLikeARegularMomImACoolMom meowed

jubby meowed

On her book tour in stop in Amsterdam, she captioned a photo of a sign pointing the way to the Anne Frank house with something like 'I found her! She's over here!'
It didn't come across as funny as she'd hoped.

Formerly Soupy Scones/ Cornmeal Whore
December 22, 2016
9:55 am
I LOVE YOU DENNIS WEAVER!
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 8354
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

wolf in sheeples clothing meowed

jubby meowed

On her book tour in stop in Amsterdam, she captioned a photo of a sign pointing the way to the Anne Frank house with something like 'I found her! She's over here!'

Not wk'ing but what she posted was closer to "We have an informant!" Still not cool but what you put just struck me as worse (that isn't a remark against you or an accusation or anything; I feel like there is no way for me to not sound b***hy and I don't mean to!)

And lol for days at "book tour". 

Formerly Delusions of Adequacy // It's ooober
December 22, 2016
10:49 am
MOTHERS WITHOUT CHILDREN
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1127
Snarking Since:
March 11, 2014

I LOVE YOU DENNIS WEAVER! meowed

wolf in sheeples clothing meowed

jubby meowed

Not wk'ing but what she posted was closer to "We have an informant!" Still not cool but what you put just struck me as worse (that isn't a remark against you or an accusation or anything; I feel like there is no way for me to not sound b***hy and I don't mean to!)

And lol for days at "book tour". 

It was this: http://gomiblog.com/hey-natalie-jean-can-make-witty-holocaust-jokes/

But what was worst for me is that she wouldn't apologize. She kept making excuses and saying she had a dark sense of humor, etc. 

Anyway, if the divorce is true, I feel bad for Huck. 

December 22, 2016
10:53 am
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
September 20, 2014

^ No offence taken! HNJ was never a regular read for me, so I didn't think I had it quite right.
Either way, it was in poor taste. I'm ok with gallows/black humour sometimes, but know your audience ffs. Or at least own it and don't dirty delete.

December 22, 2016
11:02 am
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

Oh good! I hate when I can't think of how to articulate myself so that people know I'm not trying to be b***hy.

And HNJ has never been good about apologizing but, rather, does the "I'm sorry if you took offense" approach. It was her fans' fault for being disappointed with her book because they were expecting it to be essays, like she told everyone it would be, but it ended up being a blog dump coffee table book, which is what the publishers wanted and everyone knew that. drool

December 22, 2016
12:23 pm
Stalker in a Bow Tie
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4638
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2011

Not that it matters, but I actually think Natalie's "We have an informant!" post was waaaay worse than the incorrect "I found her! She's over here!" example… Anne Frank and most of her family (plus another family) were murdered in concentration camps because of an informant; she wasn't lost and her disappearance wasn't a mystery, so joking about that would have been stupid (and nonsensical, and unfunny), but at least it wouldn't have been making light of what actually happened to her in real life. chair

At any rate, I totally forgot about that whole thing and it reminds me of what an asshole Natalie can be. I understand (and appreciate) dark humor, and maaaaaaybe if she were my friend and whispered that to me in person, it wouldn't sound quite so offensive within the context of our friendship (just to give her a little benefit of the doubt) – BUT, you have to f**king think before you post something online (and maybe don't joke about the Holocaust on Instagram). drool Natalie never seemed to learn this – and worse, attacked others for being offended at her offensiveness. We're all human and we all make mistakes, but she could never take any responsibility or apologize sincerely.

December 22, 2016
12:50 pm
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
September 20, 2014

OT, but this came up the other day- http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/anne-frank-may-not-have-been-betrayed-180961505/
It looks like maybe there wasn't an informant, but rather the family was discovered by accident.

But yeah, idk if Nat has changed much now, but she's shown repeatedly she can't apologise. It's always everyone else's fault, from what I've seen.

December 22, 2016
12:53 pm
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

Stalker in a Bow Tie meowed
Not that it matters, but I actually think Natalie's "We have an informant!" post was waaaay worse than the incorrect "I found her! She's over here!" example… Anne Frank and most of her family (plus another family) were murdered in concentration camps because of an informant; she wasn't lost and her disappearance wasn't a mystery, so joking about that would have been stupid (and nonsensical, and unfunny), but at least it wouldn't have been making light of what actually happened to her in real life. chair

At any rate, I totally forgot about that whole thing and it reminds me of what an asshole Natalie can be. I understand (and appreciate) dark humor, and maaaaaaybe if she were my friend and whispered that to me in person, it wouldn't sound quite so offensive within the context of our friendship (just to give her a little benefit of the doubt) – BUT, you have to f**king think before you post something online (and maybe don't joke about the Holocaust on Instagram). drool Natalie never seemed to learn this – and worse, attacked others for being offended at her offensiveness. We're all human and we all make mistakes, but she could never take any responsibility or apologize sincerely.

Words will come off differently to different people and I don't think either one of us is necessarily right about one being worse than the other. But, as to your bolded, ABSOLUTELY! I don't know anyone in my life who can honestly tell me that they've never said something wholly inappropriate to get a laugh from a friend in private. Sometimes you will say something that you don't at all hold truck with just because it will be shocking and your friend will crack up but you know which friends will understand that you don't mean it and that you aren't being malicious. Whether or not people think that still makes you an offensive asshole is up to them but they'll most likely never be witness to you doing it so sfun_chickendance.

As someone who considered herself to have influence (well, that is the impression I got towards the end of her NYC blogging career), and one who used her public blog to shill, she absolutely should have been more thoughtful in her posting. But again, as I've said, she has never been one to be accountable for anything and it's everyone else's fault for not understanding and for being fatcathavingcheetohaterz. 

December 22, 2016
1:32 pm
Prom Night Dumpster Baby
Hamcat
Meows: 70
Snarking Since:
December 2, 2013

IIRC, a lot of hams were offended not only by her Anne Frank comment, but because she posted it on the eve of a Jewish holiday/day of remembrance.  Fat Irish Catholic over here so I apologize for not knowing what day it was, but I remember that her timing/insensitivity played a big role in everyone's outrage.   

December 27, 2016
11:35 am
Heather Chandler
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 653
Snarking Since:
March 24, 2013

F**k. If that's the case (abuse), I'll send some love to HNJ.

December 27, 2016
11:39 am
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

I can't access Twitter because of firewalls but saw the imgur pic. What exactly happened, does anyone know? 

Super bored at work and looking to fill in the time here. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.