:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hey Natalie Jean / Nat The Fat Rat II
January 1, 2017
11:43 am
Ridin dirty in the grocery store
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 327
Snarking Since:
January 7, 2015

wolf in sheeples clothing meowed
Wasn't he the one who was hedging about his appointments back in NYC? Cancelled, missed, whatever.

I remember thinking Brandon was a jerk for flaking on appointments that were hard to reschedule. The docs needed to check one thing with him before going ahead, and Nat had been through some procedures and meds already. Then shortly after their move she Tweeted that they had decided to stop trying. 

The end of a marriage is always a complicated story, and I'm sure neither of them is blameless, but I do feel bad for Nat. She needs to be somewhere with a support system and real work to distract her, not bumming around in Idaho with her barnyard. 

FKA Released From Gluten
January 1, 2017
11:44 am
suicidal houseplant
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 559
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2016

notfunnyhaha meowed

I'm calling BS. There are too many other factors as to why he left her. Maybe it factored in, but I'm highly skepticak that's why he left. Divorce sucks, especially when kids are involved, but she's not gaining sympathy from me by bashing her ex. Grow up Brat.

ETA: By other factors I mean massive debt, leaving a religion, moving, etc. It's not as cut and dry and he wanted kids and she couldn't provide them so he left.

smiley-signs064

I also agree with whoever said this is gross and she needs therapy. 2017 Nat, still airing her dirty laundry on the internet and no doubt skewing facts so that they fall in her favor.

I have a very hard time believe Holbs "dumped" her because she can't procreate anymore.

January 1, 2017
12:02 pm
Zosew
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 557
Snarking Since:
August 21, 2015

Alice meowed

Zosew meowed

notfunnyhaha meowed
I'm calling BS. There are too many other factors as to why he left her. Maybe it factored in, but I'm highly skepticak that's why he left. Divorce sucks, especially when kids are involved, but she's not gaining sympathy from me by bashing her ex. Grow up Brat.

ETA: By other factors I mean massive debt, leaving a religion, moving, etc. It's not as cut and dry and he wanted kids and she couldn't provide them so he left.

Yeaaahhhhhhh, I don't believe it. She has a long history of both embellishing the truth and straight up lying. I'm sure that's what she's telling herself- that that's the "real" reason he wanted a divorce. They're also not the only Mormon family I know with one child- and if anything, those families all stuck together like glue because they're very aware their only children don't have a bunch of siblings to keep them company later on in life. 

We don't even know if he 'dumped' her. In a breakup of any kind – whether it's marriage, business, friendship – the 'truth' generally becomes whatever version of events is spread by the only person who's talking. She knows damn good and well that Strangles isn't going to publicly refute/respond because that doesn't seem to be the kind of person he is. She could say anything she wants about what happened or what he did or yada yada and everyone will take it as gospel because he probably won't be defending himself to the internet. 

She's as tacky as ever. She could have announced it without going there. Whatever, maybe she was drunk.

I also think it's pretty clear what's his face is really into fathering that kid and I have a hard time believing he decided to divorce Nat when he knows he could be stuck only seeing his son on weekends. If he initiated the divorce, there's more than enough reasons why just from her blog and instagram. And here's the thing- Nat is not even close to being a blogger that makes me crazy. She seems a lot like some friends I've had (and still have) who spiral downward and can never take responsibility for their part in their own problems. 
I'm sure she's been pissed that Holbs is boring and mainstream. That he quit his lucrative city job and moved back to Idaho. That he has Dadbod now. And I'm sure she's pissed because she posts comments about him that I wouldn't post about my friends, let alone my husband. I'm sure he's not blameless, but her reason is designed for maximum Natalie "awwwwwwwwwww." This guy has pretty close to zero internet presence or internet interest. He's also obviously a private person. She knows she can say anything.  

January 1, 2017
12:25 pm
sothisislove
Hamcat
Meows: 154
Snarking Since:
December 6, 2013

The actual wording said "got dumped by my husband after realizing I'd never have another baby ever". Not "got dumped by my husband after HE realized I'd never have another baby ever" …kind of a big difference. I completely agree that things like this don't happen over one issue but rather, many. My sister in law just filed for divorce from my brother after years of struggle over many many issues like debt, work travel, leaving the church, etc. We could all see it coming. My brother was a bitter asshole all the time and treated her like dirt. But in the end when she filed, he claimed it was a shock and that she dumped him. sfun_nopity divorce sucks no matter what though. Whether or not she deserved it, whether or was a long time coming or not, I feel bad for her because. Heartbreak. I hop16e she finds something new to bring her happiness again soon.

January 1, 2017
1:03 pm
I LOVE YOU DENNIS WEAVER!
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 8168
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

Didn't she talk a year or so ago about understanding/realizing that the chances of her getting pregnant and carrying a child to term again were slim to none? I know that hope springs eternal and can even imagine hope going so far as to believing that a change in living situations would help fertility (because hope is a f**king b***h and you will believe ANYTHING) but seriously, if not being able to having another bio child together factored into this at all (no matter how she worded her insta), it seriously cannot have been the only reason.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't feel bad for Nat if she gets divorced. Whenever there is a front page article about a blogger announcing a split people talk about "I don't like her but man, I feel bad." I may have a heart made out of coal but I don't think divorce is the worst thing ever. Yeah, it isn't fun and it can be really hard for kids but remaining in a bad relationship is as bad or worse. I want to say "I just hope they can be adult enough and civil enough to have, at very least, a superficially amicable relationship for the sake of their kid". But I can't imagine Nat not being passive aggressive about it. Then again, very happily, I don't know these people in real life so they may handle it with complete and total class and grace. 

Formerly Delusions of Adequacy // It's ooober
January 1, 2017
1:27 pm
a teenage girl who drives through the neighborhood screaming ball sack! out an open window
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 564
Snarking Since:
May 26, 2015

hijacked This is totally off-topic, but her handwriting is lovely. 

I'm really late to the Nat game – I basically just started following her when they moved to Moscow, so I realize I've missed a lot and I'm way too lazy to go back and read all of her old stuff.  The only things I really know about her I've learned from this thread and from following her on IG.  

My sister and her then-fiance moved across the country and lived with us for about 15 months so he could get a good job that he liked.  She hated it, he loved it.  She NEVER got over the fact that, in her opinion, he drug her somewhere she didn't want to go and wouldn't immediately move home because she was unhappy.  They did end up getting married, but separated 6 months in and divorced after a year of marriage.  She was so unbelievably resentful toward him the whole time they were married. 

Natalie looked like she was trying to like Idaho, but that resentment can be hard for people to get over.  I'm guessing there were about a thousand other things that led to this that have nothing to do with her ability to have another kid.

January 1, 2017
1:29 pm
PoppingBaubles
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 421
Snarking Since:
September 24, 2011

I don't think she was being that attention seeking… she put it in an IG story that you had to screenshot and enlarge to read, among other topics relevant to NYE reflection.

It was something GOMI was actively discussing so this was her way of addressing it and owning the narrative.

I feel terrible for her and wish her the best.

January 1, 2017
2:09 pm
guinea pigs will fly
Cat
Meows: 28
Snarking Since:
October 3, 2014

PoppingBaubles meowed

I don't think she was being that attention seeking… she put it in an IG story that you had to screenshot and enlarge to read, among other topics relevant to NYE reflection.

It was something GOMI was actively discussing so this was her way of addressing it and owning the narrative.

I feel terrible for her and wish her the best.

I completely agree. While I doubt she's blameless in marriage mistakes, if he's leaving her because of her infertility that's a dick thing to do. I do agree that there had to be many factors in this: the move, the drastic change from being a blogger to being essentially unemployed, the switch in income from whatever he was doing in NYC to being a professor in ID, the stress of infertility, etc etc.

If he doesn't want to be her partner anymore, then he would have been a bad partner if he stayed. I'm sad for her that a relationship that once seemed loving is now over, and her world is flipped upside down. I hope she finds her self again and is happy in 2017.

January 1, 2017
2:36 pm
myfakie
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 467
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

I don't believe her at all. I mean, it could be partly true but that's not the only reason she got dumped. She's a known liar. I'm also not going to be sympathetic toward her as some hams have suggested upthread – why on earth would she put all this out there?? Such a b***h. 

January 1, 2017
3:02 pm
Hill Family Historian
Hamcat
Meows: 77
Snarking Since:
June 5, 2012

Resting Trump Face meowed
They broke up. She posted a Instagram story about why 2016 sucked and item #2 was "got dumped by my husband when he realized I'd never have another baby ever".

I'm posting this in hopes that we can give a shout out to Natalie supporting her. Let's be nice, that's a terrible thing to have happen. wk

"I live in Idaho" was another item, poor thing.

I too came here to see what everyone was going to say.  I took a screenshot of the page because I could hardly believe it was true.  Like many of you have said there are two sides to every break up and I'm sure that there were more factors than not being able to have more children that lead to their demise. Either way so sad and I can only hope that this will allow her to seek out the help that she will need to move forward from this.

January 1, 2017
3:13 pm
PoppingBaubles
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 421
Snarking Since:
September 24, 2011

myfakie meowed

- why on earth would she put all this out there?? Such a b***h. 

If she didn't mention it, she would be faulted for not addressing it. If she addressed it generically and "professionally" without giving a reason, people would speculate and create their own version of what happened (although that is partially happening…).

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And to people saying it's mean of her to post that- its way more mild than what most people call him/her here.sfun_deadhorse

January 1, 2017
3:29 pm
myfakie
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 467
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

PoppingBaubles meowed

myfakie meowed

- why on earth would she put all this out there?? Such a b***h. 

If she didn't mention it, she would be faulted for not addressing it. If she addressed it generically and "professionally" without giving a reason, people would speculate and create their own version of what happened (although that is partially happening…).

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And to people saying it's mean of her to post that- its way more mild than what most people call him/her here.sfun_deadhorse

Eh, yes and no. I mean, addressing it makes great snark fodder but imo, it's best to keep that crap off the internet. So no, *I* wouldn't fault her for not addressing it. 

January 1, 2017
9:30 pm
Resting Trump Face
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 403
Snarking Since:
March 1, 2015

Let's also keep the words of Louis CK in mind and be happy for her, "because no good marriage ends".

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.