:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hey Natalie Jean / Nat The Fat Rat II
January 2, 2017
2:46 pm
hashtag
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 986
Snarking Since:
September 7, 2011

KAS meowed

I see "Hillary lost the election", "No longer have income of my own", "I had a midlife"- crisis, maybe?  "(something something) & felt awful a lot"

I think it says "got consumed by my own neuroses and felt awful a lot." Another one says something about tiny Tim lost and never found. Brutal, man.

January 2, 2017
2:52 pm
Judgey Eyes
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 479
Snarking Since:
May 9, 2012

He's an attorney after all…  If he had decided that he wanted out of the marriage, it was pretty smart of him to stall on the fertility treatments in NYC, force a move to his preferred location, wait a year or so until it was their established home and the kid was in school and settled and THEN initiate the divorce.  He's really trapped her there.  Intentional or not, it's cruel since he knew she hated Moscow.  But if it was all calculated…  wow.  Then in addition, he's making way less money teaching, hence, way less spousal support he'll have to pay Natalie.  

January 2, 2017
3:07 pm
#modifiedWhole30
MEOWGOD
Meows: 13477
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

Judgey Eyes meowed
He's an attorney after all…  If he had decided that he wanted out of the marriage, it was pretty smart of him to stall on the fertility treatments in NYC, force a move to his preferred location, wait a year or so until it was their established home and the kid was in school and settled and THEN initiate the divorce.  He's really trapped her there.  Intentional or not, it's cruel since he knew she hated Moscow.  But if it was all calculated…  wow.  Then in addition, he's making way less money teaching, hence, way less spousal support he'll have to pay Natalie.  

THAT is pretty stone cold behavior, if that is what happened.  

January 2, 2017
3:14 pm
sponsoredcontent
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 878
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2013

I don't think it was intentional (not that I know), but still: things were bad in their marriage and he decided they all needed to be where HE would be happy. Not where his wife would thrive, or where their family would be happy, but where he wanted to be. He brought them to an isolated, middle of nowhere place, not near to family or her preferred urban environment, so that he could relive his Idaho glory days. When that (surprise!) didn't fix the relationship, he pulled the plug on the marriage but not on all the changes he forced. That's crappy.

I mean, Natalie can be crappy too. Clearly she was the only one who wanted to live in a one room loft in Brooklyn a million f train stops from his job, with no location-dependent income for her. But it does seem like they could have compromised: couldn't he get a job at a low tier Oregon law school so Nat could faff around Portland?

January 2, 2017
3:59 pm
A Moo Point
Hamcat
Meows: 127
Snarking Since:
June 18, 2014

Judgey Eyes meowed

Exactly. From the outside looking in, it looks like all of this happened in a pretty calculated way. Gross.

January 2, 2017
4:24 pm
I LOVE YOU DENNIS WEAVER!
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 8354
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

I really don't think Strangles had some long game all plotted out in his mind about moving to Idaho, waiting a year, and then breaking up with his wife. That's a huge stretch and I just don't think he has the intelligence for that sort of thing. 

I honestly believe that he, for whatever reason, thought that moving his family back to ID would be good for them and that his family life would improve. Sure, a lot of people could have told him – had he consulted them – that moving to Idaho was a terrible idea but that's just how people are. I think he had good intentions but that the inevitable happened and they just aren't who they were ten or so years ago.

If they are getting divorced I wonder if she'll actually get a job. Maybe she can go to That Wife's coding boot camp. 

Formerly Delusions of Adequacy // It's ooober
January 2, 2017
4:25 pm
under a smallpox moon
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3247
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2012

derp twerk meowed

Judgey Eyes meowed

THAT is pretty stone cold behavior, if that is what happened.  

I feel like something in him snapped after the loft rental. I think she even rented it without showing Brandon photos. Maybe he pushed the Moscow move in hopes of it bringing them closer together. Moscow had so many highs the first time around, maybe he hoped it would unify them. Instead, I think it drove them further apart.

I don't want to think of it as a calculated move on his part, because that is just beyond cold. I feel for Natalie because I think it's going to take a lot of work for her to not feel like it was calculated; you add the above bolded part, plus the loss of Natalie's independent income, and all of this happening after she learned she could never have another baby…and that is a lot to handle. I hope she's in therapy to help process all of this.

ETA: I do not think it'd be a good idea for Natalie to start blogging again. But I do hope she gets a job, I think it'd be good for her mental health.

Formerly Inspired Eyebrows
January 2, 2017
4:36 pm
Ugly American Tourist
Hamcat
Meows: 161
Snarking Since:
January 11, 2013

I have zero sympathy for Natalie. She's a lying liar who lies. She's of course going to frame this divorce in a way that's favorable to her, as a pp said. Brandon indulged her for f**king years. She had a stunning level of wealth (or debt) and privilege and all she did was piss and moan. She's miserable in Idaho, just like she was miserable in NY. All she did was sit on her ass, make up random lies for her blog, and shop. She had the option to build an actual career for herself and chose not to. In this day and age, who does that?! She had no game plan, and zero aspirations. She wanted to be an anorexic trophy wife. So that's what she did. 

Has anyone ever stopped to think what she brought to the table? Nothing, imo. She had pretty much anything anyone could ever want in this lifetime and squandered it. So what they moved to Idaho? You do what you have to in order to survive. Living in NYC is not her right as a human being. People on this board have very short memories. When they first moved there, she complained about how she was "so angry" with Brandon. I'm sure she pulled a ton of passive aggressive bullshit and he got fed up. Her life is a joke. She's what, 34? Was her plan really to just  sit around for the next 4 decades and buy online and quote Anne of Green Gables? The reason her "neuroses consumed her" is because she doesn't have a life. So she has time to sit around and let her mind wander. She doesn't read, doesn't work out, no school, no hobbies, no volunteering, no home DIYs, no cooking, nada. Like, wtf does she actually DO all day?! Nothing. Babies do not make or break a marriage. Any person that believes that is a damn fool. angry

TL;DR Nat is liar and I give ZERO f**kS that her house of cards finally fell. 

/EndRant

January 2, 2017
4:47 pm
myfakie
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 508
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

She could've simply said NO to Idaho. If my husband wanted to move to a small, boring town with little to no opportunities and I knew that I'd be miserable, I'd say so and demand a compromise. 

[Not saying that the Idaho move was the reason for them breaking up but it would have been a huge factor - especially since she wrote about crying all the way there. Also, she seems like a complete nightmare. I'd hate to be associated with her, let alone married. Ugh.]

January 2, 2017
4:49 pm
myfakie
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 508
Snarking Since:
March 22, 2012

Ugly American Tourist meowed

TL;DR Nat is liar and I give ZERO f**kS that her house of cards finally fell. 

/EndRant

bandwagon

January 2, 2017
5:16 pm
Uvabird
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 594
Snarking Since:
January 25, 2013

I remember when she moved from NYC to Idaho the energy left her blog.  One can only rearrange brown hats, twigs and boxes on white walls only so many times and the blog gave off a vibe of someone who felt stuck after a major move.

If her husband left her in the blah hinterlands, damn, that's miserable.  I'm rooting for her and her son- but I get the feeling she is going to need to live someplace else with more opportunity instead of just spinning her wheels, petting chickens.

January 2, 2017
5:39 pm
Nicole B***hie
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 924
Snarking Since:
February 7, 2013

Uvabird meowed

I remember when she moved from NYC to Idaho the energy left her blog.  One can only rearrange brown hats, twigs and boxes on white walls only so many times and the blog gave off a vibe of someone who felt stuck after a major move.

She seemed to go into a tailspin after they moved (understandably…moscow, idaho?? one crappy rental to an even worse one?? ugh, I would too), then she pulled the plug on the blog, hinted at dealing with depression and seemed to rally there for awhile, really trying to get out and do things and enjoy living there. I thought good for her, she's turned things around…then this. Can't help but feel bad for her, for both of them actually.

Correction: All three of them, this sucks for Huck too.

January 2, 2017
5:43 pm
I LOVE YOU DENNIS WEAVER!
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 8354
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2013

myfakie meowed
She could've simply said NO to Idaho. If my husband wanted to move to a small, boring town with little to no opportunities and I knew that I'd be miserable, I'd say so and demand a compromise. 

[Not saying that the Idaho move was the reason for them breaking up but it would have been a huge factor - especially since she wrote about crying all the way there. Also, she seems like a complete nightmare. I'd hate to be associated with her, let alone married. Ugh.]

She could have said no but then what? What would she have done if he went without her? Brandon is the breadwinner so he could have gone on his own and let her figure her shit out. It may sound ugly but the truth is, her "no" would have been meaningless because she does zero to support the family and there is no way she could have afforded to live in NYC without daddy strangle's paycheck. And let's face it, Natalie doesn't really understand the meaning of the word compromise so it would probably have been more like her just stamping her foot saying "I don't wanna move" and suggesting Paris as an alternative. 

Not that I think he would have left without her because he seems a very involved father and I can't imagine either of these two being OK with being separated from their child. 

Formerly Delusions of Adequacy // It's ooober

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.