:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Little Baby Garvin
January 8, 2017
2:27 am
ireadtoo
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1438
Snarking Since:
December 10, 2013

In response to Bedknobs comments, I don't recall JG talking about vaginas, didn't she have c-sections? Breastfeeding stories are normal blog fodder, but her BC methods? Sorry, too personal – that's between her husband and her.

January 8, 2017
8:00 am
Wearing all gray in the gray and white rooms of an orange mcmansion
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 480
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2015

Regarding all the BC chatter… i think what bothers me is the weird out of nowhere mention about it followed by her usual blabbing. She clearly brought it up to get people talking and speculating. She didn't say it in a way of "sharing with my girlfriends" (she clearly gives zero shits about her readers or even fellow twee bloggers… case in point, no acknowledgment of hello Erin's scary New Years news). I didn't think it so much as TMI but more so "look at me, look at me"

January 8, 2017
9:14 am
farmhousemug
Hamcat
Meows: 83
Snarking Since:
September 2, 2016

If she's so "red-faced" and feels awkward at buying condoms; just ask Mr. Garvin to buy them.  I just thought it was a weird out of nowhere comment also; even if she was agreeing with someone. I also felt that she was agreeing just to have something to say and "fit in"; like oh my gosh, I get red faced too!!!! giggle giggle SEX!.  And duh she buys everything else online, it seems she would figure out you can buy condoms online also.

January 8, 2017
10:30 am
Happy Friday, Friends
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1235
Snarking Since:
March 30, 2014

idontknow Everybody poops too, but that doesn't mean it's something that needs to be talked about on a blog. Maybe I am a little more conservative or private when it comes to stuff like that, but I don't really see the point of sharing that info.

Maybe if she framed it as a critique of a specific BC (like "this was my experience with X, here is why I didn't like it…"), because then it might be somewhat useful to people considering / researching that particular BC? What she wrote wasn't useful at all, just seemed like an awkwardly written overshare that didn't fit in with the rest of her post.

As for checkout embarassment… I guess that's me being a prude again, because I beeline for the self checkout anytime I have to buy something personal (even if it's just tampons or diarrhea medicine). Nobody needs to know my business!

January 8, 2017
12:33 pm
jorts
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1652
Snarking Since:
April 30, 2015

Birth control is a health care issue for almost all women (not just married women).  Just an FYI which I felt was necessary in this specific political climate.  

January 8, 2017
2:37 pm
Mason Jar of Festive Coffee
Hamcat
Meows: 58
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2014

Bowls of Cigarettes meowed

idontknow Everybody poops too, but that doesn't mean it's something that needs to be talked about on a blog. Maybe I am a little more conservative or private when it comes to stuff like that, but I don't really see the point of sharing that info.

Maybe if she framed it as a critique of a specific BC (like "this was my experience with X, here is why I didn't like it…"), because then it might be somewhat useful to people considering / researching that particular BC? What she wrote wasn't useful at all, just seemed like an awkwardly written overshare that didn't fit in with the rest of her post.

As for checkout embarassment… I guess that's me being a prude again, because I beeline for the self checkout anytime I have to buy something personal (even if it's just tampons or diarrhea medicine). Nobody needs to know my business!

This sha_clap2

Also, I'm conservative. I think it's something you can keep to yourself. I also had issues with birth control, but that's nobodies business. Espicically not 80k strangers. On the internet.

January 9, 2017
3:39 pm
Mason Jar of Festive Coffee
Hamcat
Meows: 58
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2014

Grateful meowed

1. I don't believe the girls quietly crept downstairs and set up that blanket and pillows in front of the door to look at the snow until their parents got up rolleyes

2. Clair is nowhere near bundled up "Christmas Story Style". She's wearing carhartt overalls and a swearter! Not ever a real coat! Even if she's layered (which I hope she is) her neck is uncovered. 

Also, did you actually have fun with your family or were you too busy trying to capture it for STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET! It really appears that with all the pictures taken (I'm sure the ones she posted are about 1/8 of the ones she took) and all the editing she had to do she wasn't able to be present. Already breaking your New Years resolution only a week in. Sad for her girls.

January 9, 2017
3:40 pm
blessthisnest
Hamcat
Meows: 98
Snarking Since:
November 13, 2015

Her face looks really "full" in the picture of her and Harps. Or is it just me? Makes all the speculation about pregnancy seem more like a reality.

Also, the play room post on IG?! Hello Jess! hi-103 Cannot wait to see all the character toys…

January 9, 2017
8:29 pm
snarkstress
Hamcat
Meows: 129
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2014

Mason Jar of Festive Coffee meowed

Grateful meowed

1. I don't believe the girls quietly crept downstairs and set up that blanket and pillows in front of the door to look at the snow until their parents got up rolleyes

2. Clair is nowhere near bundled up "Christmas Story Style". She's wearing carhartt overalls and a swearter! Not ever a real coat! Even if she's layered (which I hope she is) her neck is uncovered. 

Also, did you actually have fun with your family or were you too busy trying to capture it for STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET! It really appears that with all the pictures taken (I'm sure the ones she posted are about 1/8 of the ones she took) and all the editing she had to do she wasn't able to be present. Already breaking your New Years resolution only a week in. Sad for her girls.

How exhausting it must be to meticulously plan her gloves to Harper's jacket, matching hats, boots, sweater, etc. drool

January 9, 2017
10:51 pm
farmhousemug
Hamcat
Meows: 83
Snarking Since:
September 2, 2016

Is that a new play kitchen? She got them  a new twee one!  All white and gray; just like mom! sooooo festive!  The girl she featured on her IG seems to be everything she wishes she was.

January 10, 2017
12:37 am
allgrayeverything
Hamcat
Meows: 62
Snarking Since:
June 17, 2016

She had that one in pink, but got the white one apparently. I got the white one also – is it totally nuts that I'm kinda annoyed that mine now matches hers?

January 10, 2017
12:50 am
Grateful
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 671
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2012

They got that white one for Christmas in 2014 and spray painted the silver hardware gold. I don't ever remember seeing a pink one (though I could be wrong) but here's the Christmas 2014 post when it was first pictured. http://www.garvinandco.com/2014/12/christmas-2014/

January 10, 2017
1:06 am
allgrayeverything
Hamcat
Meows: 62
Snarking Since:
June 17, 2016

Oh, never mind – I am crazy then. It must have been the Instagram filters that made me think it was pink.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.