:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Love Taza | Rockstar Diaries | Part II
November 8, 2016
10:13 am
snarkletooth
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 584
Snarking Since:
September 6, 2013

bleach penned yellow pepper stains meowed

And a genuine question: is it common for families in the US to eat dinner before 5.30pm? Since she mentioned Conrad woke up around that time and was hangry because they usually eat dinner earlier than that. Just wondering. 

I would say it's fairly common for people with little kids.  I try to have dinner wrapped up before 6, usually earlier, so we can do homework and baths and wind down.  

November 8, 2016
10:42 am
judy blume
Cat
Meows: 41
Snarking Since:
January 24, 2015

Also, WTF is that dress? 

It's three hundred and seventy five f**king dollars, that's what it is. eek

November 8, 2016
11:14 am
Whatever Whatever
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 459
Snarking Since:
June 19, 2015

WTF it's the dress, hat, shoes and leather jacket.  Why is she wearing that hat?  They seriously need to take a break from the internet and hire a consultant because they are such a hot mess.  They should take some time off and reassess WTF they're doing.  It's like they're on a hamster wheel spinning crappy post after crappy post.  Maybe if they just did one post a week and tried to make it quality instead of the crap they're posting now.  None of it makes any sense and her style is getting more and more desperate for attention.  It's like she picked all the top trending styles and put them together in an outfit that doesn't work. at all.  one of them needs to get a job.

November 8, 2016
12:29 pm
JAF
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 518
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2011

"gonna get so mushy for a minute and say, who would have thought all those years ago when we fell in love in this city that we’d still be here, even ten years later, with three beautiful babies, some grey patches poking through your beard and a new non-existent-rather flat chest for me (thanks to that 5+ years breast-feeding stint we just wrapped up over here)…. but that we’d still have all the heart eyes for new york and no plans to leave her. who would have thought. life is crazy."

I went to see the ugly dress (under the coat I thought it might be cute, but you all were right, it's hideous) and found that gem. Unless she means literally mushy, how is it figuratively mushy to talk about your lack of boobs? Wat?

Seriously, I don't get her blog. The writing is painful, Conrad seems to be the star now, and the kid is just painfully not cute, has a receding hairline, and half the time he is messy and the other half being an asshole. Why is josh wearing what appears to be a super hero shirt under a blazer? Why at this point doesn't he have a job?

And people are right about the clutter. It's giving me hoarders vibes, and actual anxiety looking at their mounds of useless shit. I get they're in a cramped space, but that means less crap per child is allowed IMO. Yeah, I guess it's nice to get free ugly dresses, and basically walk around eating crap all day, but dealing with three annoying children and an unemployed husband in a tiny box 24/7/365 with occasional vacations and no alcohol sounds like my version of hell.

November 8, 2016
12:43 pm
Phineas and Derp
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 753
Snarking Since:
November 29, 2012

JAF meowed
"gonna get so mushy for a minute and say, who would have thought all those years ago when we fell in love in this city that we’d still be here, even ten years later, with three beautiful babies, some grey patches poking through your beard and a new non-existent-rather flat chest for me (thanks to that 5+ years breast-feeding stint we just wrapped up over here)…. but that we’d still have all the heart eyes for new york and no plans to leave her. who would have thought. life is crazy."

That's what stuck out to me in that graph. There's our answer if anyone was wondering if she'd ever pull a Barefoot Blonde/HeyNat/MaryMartha and leave NY. Doesn't seem likely.

As for the images of the apartment, they didn't bother me — but I'm a mom of three who remembers when the kids' room/playroom looked very much like that. When no one is up for going outside and you don't want the kids to sit in front of the TV, you pull out all the toys, crayons and a bowl of fruit and have a day. BUT I never posted that crap on social media.

She needs to do a spring purge.

November 8, 2016
1:34 pm
girlscanfly
Cat
Meows: 24
Snarking Since:
September 7, 2016

Phineas and Derp meowed

JAF meowed

That's what stuck out to me in that graph. There's our answer if anyone was wondering if she'd ever pull a Barefoot Blonde/HeyNat/MaryMartha and leave NY. Doesn't seem likely.

As for the images of the apartment, they didn't bother me — but I'm a mom of three who remembers when the kids' room/playroom looked very much like that. When no one is up for going outside and you don't want the kids to sit in front of the TV, you pull out all the toys, crayons and a bowl of fruit and have a day. BUT I never posted that crap on social media.

She needs to do a spring purge.

Her constant need to validate that she is still omghearteyes for NYC feels like city living is really getting to her. Anyone else notice this? Just seems the past month or so that every post is has some mention of her wandering eye, or how life in the city is hard, and then a desperate reassurance that its still omgthebest. Kinda feel like they're forcing themselves to stay in New York to prove to everyone that they can handle the grind. 

For what they pay, they could afford way more space (for the most part) in Brooklyn or Queens. They have no jobs and can take the train to Manhattan everyday anyway. It's even normal to have a car in these boroughs. But I guess life off the 7 train isn't as glamorous as the Upper Best Side idontknow

November 8, 2016
2:45 pm
A Touch of the Boleyns
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1280
Snarking Since:
April 30, 2013

Why is she so skittish about Eleanor attending school and having lots of questions? Did they keep her in some Mormon mommy circle (like the 'preschool' Sampson is doing now) so she was never exposed to children from different backgrounds? It really sounds like she wants to keep them in the toddler years forever, instead of being happy that they're learning new ideas.

November 8, 2016
2:51 pm
derp twerk
MEOWGOD
Meows: 13123
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

A Touch of the Boleyns meowed
Why is she so skittish about Eleanor attending school and having lots of questions? Did they keep her in some Mormon mommy circle (like the 'preschool' Sampson is doing now) so she was never exposed to children from different backgrounds? It really sounds like she wants to keep them in the toddler years forever, instead of being happy that they're learning new ideas.

Yes, I think she did.  Even as much as they've traveled and lived in NYC, the kids have been very sheltered.  I think Naome is clutching her pearls so much lately because she knows the days of sheltering her completely are over.  Eleanor is going to bring home all kinds of new behaviors, words, etc from school.  It is probably the first time that she has ever let Eleanor out of her sight since birth, aside from a babymoon trip or two and even then they were left with family.  Eleanor is about to change and that makes Naome sad, I guess.

November 8, 2016
2:52 pm
grilled chicken salad
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 424
Snarking Since:
March 11, 2013

Also, I don't understand how you eat dinner before 530? How are you even hungry then?? Kids here eat a snack at 330/4, dinner at 630 at the earliest. Huscat's family eats dinner (Southern Italy) at 830/9, kiddos included.

November 8, 2016
2:57 pm
derpends
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 863
Snarking Since:
January 10, 2014

grilled chicken salad meowed
Also, I don't understand how you eat dinner before 530? How are you even hungry then?? Kids here eat a snack at 330/4, dinner at 630 at the earliest. Huscat's family eats dinner (Southern Italy) at 830/9, kiddos included.

Yeah not to get off topic but 5:30 is super early to eat. We aren't even in the door at 6:15 let alone fed. And I live in #murica

November 8, 2016
3:02 pm
whyme
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 854
Snarking Since:
April 3, 2014

grilled chicken salad meowed

In general, I think American families do keep a much different meal schedule from Europeans. My kids are at school by 7:30 am, eat lunch by 11:30 and snack (if interested) by 3. We try to eat between 6 to 6:30 depending upon our schedule. Kids in bed no later than 8:30. They get up early.

November 8, 2016
3:52 pm
bananapie
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 587
Snarking Since:
September 19, 2012

snarkletooth meowed

And a genuine question: is it common for families in the US to eat dinner before 5.30pm? Since she mentioned Conrad woke up around that time and was hangry because they usually eat dinner earlier than that. Just wondering. 

I would say it's fairly common for people with little kids.  I try to have dinner wrapped up before 6, usually earlier, so we can do homework and baths and wind down.  

Yup, not that uncommon. We usually do dinner between 5 and 5:30 so we have time to go to the playground or for a bike ride before baths/bed. My kids are still young and the youngest just cut naps so bedtime is pretty early. A lot of people I know do the same.

November 8, 2016
4:54 pm
harken on it
Hamcat
Meows: 115
Snarking Since:
August 7, 2016

Well I live in the Deep South of 'Murica now, and we eat at 7pm.  We usually go for a walk, dance, etc. to get the wiggles out, then straight into the bath and kids in bed by 8:30.  Seems pretty normal, and my sister's kids eat even later than that.

IME people who feed their kids at some ridiculously early hour and having an adults-only meal after the kids are asleep.  I'd never do that, because I love family meal times.  

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.