:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Love Taza | Rockstar Diaries | Part II
November 12, 2016
3:40 pm
Seriously13
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 271
Snarking Since:
August 16, 2015

Bikini Discount Code meowed
Her love notes about the UWS reminds me of how I was when I lived there. I love love love the neighborhood but after many years it was so hard to justify paying so much money for a shitty apartment (on a great block).  I kept saying that I just love the 'hood and I just couldn't leave and isn't it great and I'm so city.  But I moved to Brooklyn (2 blocks from the train) and I have a much nicer apartment and a super quick commute.  I still get very nostalgic when I go back to the UWS but I just can't justify paying to live there anymore.  Anyway, I think the I love NYC posts are somewhat quelling the panic that rises when she gets near her apartment and has to deal with going inside. That's exactly what I would have said (I also avoided going home to my apartment)

newhere

Taza's just like that social media friend of yours who is constantly posting about his or her undying love for their significant other.  And then all of a sudden, that relationship is over.

November 14, 2016
8:04 am
A slice of rice
Kitten
Meows: 2
Snarking Since:
November 14, 2016

Long time lurker here newhere

I had to just come out and say O to the M to the G! This woman looks like a snapchat filter these days! what is going on with her???

November 14, 2016
8:06 am
A slice of rice
Kitten
Meows: 2
Snarking Since:
November 14, 2016

I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a pic so I'm gonna leave this instead:

https://instagram.com/p/BMuWBNgjeGY/ trainwreck

November 14, 2016
8:25 am
JESUS LOVES ME and my sponsored post
Hamcat
Meows: 96
Snarking Since:
October 15, 2014

A slice of rice meowed
I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a pic so I'm gonna leave this instead:

She actually looks like a clown. And I mean clown in the literal sense…those look like oversized plastic clown sunglasses. 

November 14, 2016
9:27 am
peewee from the hotdog stand
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 482
Snarking Since:
April 4, 2013

I used to really admire Taza, once upon a time. She and Josh were cute, did cute things together, eventually had a cute baby and seemed to have it all together. Her vintage-y feminine style was really nice and she actually did seem like a girl just making a sort of digital scrapbook of their adventures to share with friends and family. 

I don't even recognize what she has become. She's a caricature, their whole life seems so manic and stage-managed. Eleanor is such a little poser that it's nauseating to watch her already know how to manipulate her behavior for the camera from such a young age. Conrad is a little overstimulated tyrant – not his fault, squarely on N+J. Samson seems sweet but totally lost in the chaos. Their house is an utter trash pile of toys and smeared food, Naomi's makeup and fashion situation is beyond tragic at this stage, and there is increasingly nothing aspirational about their lifestyle.

Worst of all, I don't think they do a single special thing with those kids that isn't part of a brand/blog strategy or a 'partnership'. Every single freaking thing, even their supposed 'down time', is staged and documented for public consumption.

Does Naomi ever wonder how betrayed they will feel when they grow up and find out that all their childhood memories were just photoshoots to sell jeans or whatever? Or how exhausting it must be that they never get an opportunity to just be kids, because she is snapping them 24 hrs a day? I can't imagine how hurt I would feel if I grew up with happy memories of something like making meatballs with my dad, only to slowly realize that it wasn't something special just between us, it was an activity dreamed up and documented by my mother to get pageviews and $$. 

I have no issue with people putting their kids online, if done respectfully and responsibly… but this is neither, and it's particularly disgusting that she is making a profit from monetizing every aspect of their childhoods without any sense of boundaries.. especially when she's so protective of things like never showing a photo of their bedroom or telling her birth stories, because apparently she's entitled to privacy but the kids aren't.

November 14, 2016
11:33 am
under a smallpox moon
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3247
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2012

JESUS LOVES ME and my sponsored post meowed

A slice of rice meowed

She actually looks like a clown. And I mean clown in the literal sense…those look like oversized plastic clown sunglasses. 

I instantly thought of Where's Waldo. She's a character in a giant busy, city. It's like she's enticing her fangirls to play a real life Where's Waldo.

Formerly Inspired Eyebrows
November 14, 2016
1:25 pm
hangrycat
Hamcat
Meows: 99
Snarking Since:
May 13, 2016

I can not understand how they are living in a 2 bedroom apartment with THREE kids. WHY. hammer

Surely they could afford to move or upgrade so the kids could at least have SOME space to themselves once and a while. Their whole apartment is so panic inducing. How they hell does a family of 5 live like that. 

November 14, 2016
1:46 pm
LeslieNope
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 533
Snarking Since:
April 28, 2014

I normally find her really rolleyes, but I do appreciate that 1) the bat thing did not appear to be sponsored and seemed actually due to Eleanor's interest.  2) she let the kids make the signs as opposed to crafting a perfectly Pinterest version of a hot chocolate stand.  I've seen a few other bloggers do lemonade stands, and they just buy everything, craft everything, and give the kids no ownership or ability to make anything themselves.

She still drives me crazy, but I'll concede that much.

November 14, 2016
2:53 pm
Beverly
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 536
Snarking Since:
March 19, 2015

hangrycat meowed

I can not understand how they are living in a 2 bedroom apartment with THREE kids. WHY. hammer

Surely they could afford to move or upgrade so the kids could at least have SOME space to themselves once and a while. Their whole apartment is so panic inducing. How they hell does a family of 5 live like that. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe their apartment is actually a one bedroom, and they put up a fake walls to make the "nursery".

November 14, 2016
3:09 pm
ezeeswords
Hamcat
Meows: 63
Snarking Since:
March 2, 2014

I can't stand this family.

All these posts make me sick. OH How SMART and COMPASSIONATE your kids are, especially that Eleanor. Are we supposed to now pat you on the back, Taza?

It'd be sweeter if they were more humble about themselves, but alas, NO.

November 14, 2016
3:21 pm
#modifiedWhole30
MEOWGOD
Meows: 13481
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

LeslieNope meowed
I normally find her really rolleyes, but I do appreciate that 1) the bat thing did not appear to be sponsored and seemed actually due to Eleanor's interest.  2) she let the kids make the signs as opposed to crafting a perfectly Pinterest version of a hot chocolate stand.  I've seen a few other bloggers do lemonade stands, and they just buy everything, craft everything, and give the kids no ownership or ability to make anything themselves.

She still drives me crazy, but I'll concede that much.

Check out her lemonade stand from last year (bucket bike to the right got cut off when I posted):  

http://lovetaza.com/2015/07/eleanor-samsons-lemonade-stand/

Naomi and Josh are looking away, they have no idea they're being photographed! lol  N&J did so much of the lemonade stand.  They bought a toy cash register, fancy giant drink dispenser, Let's Playground mat (had it already, at least), balloons, lemon cocktail napkins, and styled a bowl of lemons prop for the table.  They outlined the signs (except Eleanor was allowed to letter her own small sign but that wasn't the one hung on the table) and the kids were allowed to color on them (age appropriate, I know).  Naomi and Josh paid a lot of money for the kids to have this lemonade stand, which is REALLY not the spirit of having lemonade stands.  The problem with this whole endeavor was that the kids weren't really old enough to do this yet (E was 4, I think) so their parents had to do all the heavy lifting.  

I call B.S. on the kids making the savethebats signs themselves.  Some of those signs are clearly lettered by an adult.  I wonder what they spent on the big thermos/cooler thing, that looks like a new purchase.  Nice that this time they're donating the money though (maybe they did last time too but I didn't think so).  The kids are getting more age-appropriate now, at least Eleanor is.  And even though it isn't directly sponsored, Naomi and Josh posted the whole thing on their monetized blog so they are making money from it indirectly.  Those kids can't even have a hot chocolate/lemonade stand without their parents finding some way to monetize the experience.

November 14, 2016
3:56 pm
CropTop
Cat
Meows: 16
Snarking Since:
July 12, 2016

I heard Naomi make a suggestion that Conrad and Eleanor not feed Samson marshmallows off the ground, and then when it inevitably happened she just laughed and you don't hear a peep from camera man Josh… what???? confused Am I just an overly sensitive germaphobe? uh

November 14, 2016
4:04 pm
lain3
Kitten
Meows: 4
Snarking Since:
October 14, 2016

#basic meowed 

I call B.S. on the kids making the savethebats signs themselves.  Some of those signs are clearly lettered by an adult.  I wonder what they spent on the big thermos/cooler thing, that looks like a new purchase.  Nice that this time they're donating the money though (maybe they did last time too but I didn't think so).  The kids are getting more age-appropriate now, at least Eleanor is.  And even though it isn't directly sponsored, Naomi and Josh posted the whole thing on their monetized blog so they are making money from it indirectly.  Those kids can't even have a hot chocolate/lemonade stand without their parents finding some way to monetize the experience.

She drives me a bit nuts but her video shows the kids making the signs this time around. I'm sure they had help with the spelling of course, which is totally okay. The cooler is pretty cheap if you shop at Walmart – literally like $20.  I don't know, this time around, I think they did a better job. Yeah, they're posting this on their site, but it kind of reminds me of the old days when N&J weren't tools. More like what they used to do and scrap booking their lives in a nice way. Wish her other posts were more like this.

Girl definitely needs to sort out her fringe situation though. I hope she grows them out a bit more. Mid forehead is weird.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.